Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

That would require her mother knowing where we live. I've worked too hard to keep that a secret from her. :lol:

Actually, if her whole family wasn't decending on her parents house, I would probably do something like that.

I've actually been hoping some of the nice Riverdale fans would say "hey, if you are coming through Murfreesboro, just come and ride with us!" :lol:

We are packing up the equipment and leaving around 9 Friday morning - need a ride? :lol: Or you can wait a little while and catch the charter bus or ride with one of my friends - Riverdaleman, when are ya leaving? :lol:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would require her mother knowing where we live. I've worked too hard to keep that a secret from her. :lol:

Actually, if her whole family wasn't decending on her parents house, I would probably do something like that.

I've actually been hoping some of the nice Riverdale fans would say "hey, if you are coming through Murfreesboro, just come and ride with us!" :lol:

We are packing up the equipment and leaving around 9 Friday morning - need a ride? :lol: Or you can wait a little while and catch the charter bus or ride with one of my friends - Riverdaleman, when are ya leaving? :lol:

i am leaving whenever we get up around 10 or so...Are they taking a charter bus david?

Hey David, secman here.Did I read that correctly, we can ride charter buses.I know the team is on those, but hadn't heard anything else.Let me know, and I just watched the video of the Oakland game.Awesome footage wouldn't you agree.

I think they are trying to arrange a charter as I type this. When I find out more I will let you know...

I know took a couple of them to Oak Ridge and one year we took three to Cordova.

Longtime poster, however Riverdale's playoff games against Blackman and Oakland are the only high school games I've attended this year (Hendersonville game on TV) so honestly my opinion may not count for much.

However, from looking over MHS82's Maryville assessment from earlier, it does sound like Riverdale has much bigger lines and hopefully can control that line of scrimmage and get to the quarterback. Also looking at the QB stats and reading about the receivers and passing attack, I hope Riverdale is prepared for that as they probably haven't faced a passing threat that serious in their whole careers. I'm hoping they can blow that line up and put some pressure on Juhlin, help make the secondary's job a little easier.

If our defense can handle that, I'm confident our offense can put up enough points to win. However, anything said on these boards is speculation...these teams are not familiar with each other, so truly anything can happen.

Wish this game was in the Boro (no home losses for Maryville since 2001? Heck of a home field advantage), I can't see myself making it out there even though people around here and on these boards have dreamed about this matchup for many many years. Will have a close ear to the radio, though.

Also, THIS IS NOT A SHOT AT MARYVILLE OR EAST TN FOLK, but I couldn't post here without this going unmentioned. I'm a huge Vols fan and more passionate than ever since the Kiffin era began, but this video from the victims of the UT football attempted armed robbery has given me many :lol::lol: << of those lately.

"WE AINT GOT NOTHIN BUT A CHEESEBURGER!" :lol: Quote Of The Century! Makes me crack up everytime!

Good post...a couple points that I would like to comment on.

1. The size difference of our O line and your D line is a concern. However, I don't expect sacks to be an issue. GQ recognizes that will be an issue. He will not expect to hold them out for long...quick routes and screens. Bigger concern for our running game. I'm expecting to break the 7 pt limit for regulation. Great defense...but I think we can put up 21.

2. What cracks me up more than the victims is the fact that the TN players would choose them to rob. How much $ did they think they could get from them??? And why was a gun necessary???

Longtime poster, however Riverdale's playoff games against Blackman and Oakland are the only high school games I've attended this year (Hendersonville game on TV) so honestly my opinion may not count for much.

However, from looking over MHS82's Maryville assessment from earlier, it does sound like Riverdale has much bigger lines and hopefully can control that line of scrimmage and get to the quarterback. Also looking at the QB stats and reading about the receivers and passing attack, I hope Riverdale is prepared for that as they probably haven't faced a passing threat that serious in their whole careers. I'm hoping they can blow that line up and put some pressure on Juhlin, help make the secondary's job a little easier.

If our defense can handle that, I'm confident our offense can put up enough points to win. However, anything said on these boards is speculation...these teams are not familiar with each other, so truly anything can happen.

Wish this game was in the Boro (no home losses for Maryville since 2001? Heck of a home field advantage), I can't see myself making it out there even though people around here and on these boards have dreamed about this matchup for many many years. Will have a close ear to the radio, though.

Also, THIS IS NOT A SHOT AT MARYVILLE OR EAST TN FOLK, but I couldn't post here without this going unmentioned. I'm a huge Vols fan and more passionate than ever since the Kiffin era began, but this video from the victims of the UT football attempted armed robbery has given me many :lol::lol: << of those lately.

"WE AINT GOT NOTHIN BUT A CHEESEBURGER!" :lol: Quote Of The Century! Makes me crack up everytime!

Good post...a couple points that I would like to comment on.

1. The size difference of our O line and your D line is a concern. However, I don't expect sacks to be an issue. GQ recognizes that will be an issue. He will not expect to hold them out for long...quick routes and screens. Bigger concern for our running game. I'm expecting to break the 7 pt limit for regulation. Great defense...but I think we can put up 21.

2. What cracks me up more than the victims is the fact that the TN players would choose them to rob. How much $ did they think they could get from them??? And why was a gun necessary???

Maryville has continually played with undersized lines. Granted, Riverdale is huge, but it won't be anything Maryville has not faced before. (Heck, the 07 team probably averaged 180 on the line soaking wet.)

This has probably already been asked, but how much of a true wing-T does Riverdale run? Do they run it true to form or do they run a hybrid of it?

Riverdale fans in the past have filled several charter buggies to follow the Warriors, would hope for this match up to see no less. I am concerned if the post earlier was correct about the visitors side holding only 1100. It's to my understanding most people going are exiting the Boro. early and stoping by Aubrey's for a little pre game "chop" or that would be chops w/ tatters over there. lol Aubrey's restaurant is about 1mi. from the stadium and is located at 909 W Lamar Alexander Pkwy.. For full menu go to the web site. Now down to the real question at hand here, which team has the advantage going in to this game come friday night? IMO Maryville never gets out coached so I give the upper hand to GQ and staff. Now another question can Riverdale match that with the tough defense they are known for playing and can the O line control time of possion to rest our D? At last we shall see!! May the best team win.

OK Riverdail folk...weather updait.....snow showers and cold Fridee nite.....brang yore chiller killers......Eye'll jist snuggle up agin mommaSTARS.... :roflol:

Thanks for the update! I will wear by deer-hunting socks and my baseball fleece over my football shirt and then my football hoodie and top it off with my baseball letterman jacket.

Someone save me a seat at the bar at Aubrey's to watch some Iron Bowl - can't sample the beer - on the clock....

Yes Limbaugh I have already watched the Blackman video.I will not be able to join you guys at Aubrey's, since the wife doesn't get off work until 1o'clock.So as soon as she clocks out. we will hit the road.I was hoping they would be running charter buses, because we need as many people there as we can get.Be loud, be proud.