Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

Hey David, secman here.Did I read that correctly, we can ride charter buses.I know the team is on those, but hadn't heard anything else.Let me know, and I just watched the video of the Oakland game.Awesome footage wouldn't you agree.

You have seen Stork's video of Blackman II haven't you? http://www.storkmontgomery.com/

Great Video link. Thanks.

One thing I notice is that GQ has faced this offense couple of times. Both teams had huge players compared to what Maryville has had in the last few years. Neither defense was impressive. Lots of missed tackles and what seemed like from the short video undisciplined players. One thing about the Riverdale offense is that Maryville IMO will be OK as long as they don't give up the big run. This is a concern because of they way our defense has played against the run this year. Its good BUT not as good as past years. Maryville needs to make sure they stop the run early and force Riverdale to pass the ball around. IDK about Riverdale but Maryville can be down 3 TD's going into the 4th and they will not panic for one single second. I have not watched enough film of Riverdale to give you anything else except my opinion based on handful of short videos I've see. Here is how I think the game will play out....

Pretty close first half. Riverdale is able to run against Maryville with success. 3-4yr runs with a couple of bend but dont break 20-30yrd runs. Maryville will be very balanced and keep Riverdale guessing the whole night. I see it 17-10 Maryville at the half.

The second half Riverdale will come out with what worked the first half and thats moving the ball on the ground with a pass here and there. By the time the 4th comes around I see it a 27-13 game. Maryville will have the ball somewhere midway through the 4th when they pull out a rabbit out of GQ's magic hat. Maryville goes up 34-13 and moves one step closer to the golden ball.

Again, all the is my opinion. Not based on some magical formula which I had a dream about last night and was calculated by some person who has no idea about football (or computer).

Is your offense THAT good? our defense has been tough this year and REALLY tough the last 6 or 7 weeks so is your offense good enough to put up 34 points against us?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the video again and YES, I do believe they are that good and I do believe they can put up 30+ points on any team in Tennessee. Again, this is just my opinion. This game could end up 3-0 for all we know but IMO Maryville can and will move the ball on Riverdale like it or not. Also, how does this Riverdale team compare to last years Hillsboro team? I haven't followed either team as much as some of the ET teams so anyone who can give a fair opinion would be helpful. Unless Maryville comes out and starts turning the ball over this will be a lesson for Riverdale. If Riverdale comes to Maryville and wins, it means that they were the better team and we have something to look forward to next year.

Great Video link. Thanks.

Here is local sports legend Rudy Kalis's coverage of last Friday's game: http://www.wsmv.com/video/21698864/index.html

Wow. That brings back memories. I lived in Nashville in 1975-1976 and at that time, Rudy Kalis was Paul Eells' wet behind the ears sidekick. Now, he's a legend. Time really flies.

By the way, that time period was a golden era in Nashville television news. Among the on the air personalities were Oprah Winfrey, Pat Sajak, John Tesh and point-counterpoint politicians Lamar Alexander and Al Gore. I think I'm leaving out at least one other soon-to-be-famous personality, but just those five is quite a crew.

Sorry for getting off track.

After watching the Riverdale-Oakland Game on friday, I came to the conclusion that the Morale of murfreesboro has been tough. Honestly that game could have gone either way. Maryville is a pretty solid team all around. I've never actually seen them play but they have an outstanding record, and good coaching. However, I only have my assuptions on the team, since everything I know about the team is from what I've read. It's going to be a remarkable game. If the Riverdale's coaches have any understanding of the Maryville team, it will help. Still, it's going to be a tough game on both sides, but especially for Riverdale; if they don't get their momentum back, they will throw this game away.

Believe me , the majority of the Maryville fans realize just how hard it will be to beat Riverdale . It amazes me when a fan gets on a board and talks about how bad they will beat another team .... why show arrogance ? Why purposely try to give even more motivation to the other team and it's fans ?

I've watched the Riverdale / Farragut game on the Farragut website , and I see just how big and athletic Riverdale Is , they will be a Huge challenge for Maryville .

This will be one of the best games in Tn football history. Being as such I hope someone films it and sells the DVD's for folks who can't be there in person. Would be a great revenue generator for the school that does it. :lol:

My prediction.......flip a coin. Both teams have great offenses and defenses and if they didn't they would not be here now. Whoever the winner is I honestly pity the west Tn team that has to face them!

This will be one of the best games in Tn football history. Being as such I hope someone films it and sells the DVD's for folks who can't be there in person. Would be a great revenue generator for the school that does it. :lol:

My prediction.......flip a coin. Both teams have great offenses and defenses and if they didn't they would not be here now. Whoever the winner is I honestly pity the west Tn team that has to face them!

If this game appears to be as epic and evenly matched with great O and D as many on both sides prognosticate, then what can we expect from Riverdale's special teams play?

Goodur point fathereb......Fellers eye jist reeded whur you'uns wood be hangin' out at tha Aubrees fer yore tailgait spot.....Good choyce........Weal be tailgatin' two...momma iz whuppin' up sum sidemeat, left ovur turkey lags, hominy and skillit cornbread wif sum cold clumpy buttermilk two worsh hit down wif.....And we'll eat that rite off ov tha faymus Nellie Belle's (my garbige and recrootin' truk) tailgait..... :lol:

Wow. That brings back memories. I lived in Nashville in 1975-1976 and at that time, Rudy Kalis was Paul Eells' wet behind the ears sidekick. Now, he's a legend. Time really flies.

Sorry for getting off track.

I did an internship at KATV (Super 7) in the late '80's. And worked with Paul Eells. Even though I grew up in East Tennessee and was a Vols fan, it was an honor to work with the "Voice of the Razorbacks". My buddies from Arkansas were a little jealous. It would be like working with John Ward for a TN kid.

RED REBELS