#2 Sullivan South (11-2) @ #1 Columbia Central (12-1)

2000southreb81

Congrats Columbia, we look forward to heading your way. Anyone know how long of a drive it is from kingsport to columbia?

I do. Columbia boy that married a Sullivan Central girl here. It's about 5 hours no matter how you slice it. Take the 840 loop off I-40 west. Get off at Saturn Parkway and then 31 South. Take the first right after you cross Duck River (hwy 7) Hang an almost immediate left on the by pass by the market. Lion Parkway will be on your right just past Dominoes. You'll see the lights.

Preciate it vols and crawdad :thumb::lol: ... I wish this game wasn't on Thanksgiving weekend, i don't know if ill be able to make the trip but ill be listening on the radio if not. This is what its all about, it looks like there will be a lot of points put up in this game. Our defense has played pretty well this postseason, it looks like coach wesson is gonna have his work cut out for him this week. Listen to the radio show after the game last night, i think they described this version of rebels perfectly. Resilient. Lets keep it goin REBS.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so who are S.S key players..do they run the ball much or pass like Anderson co.?

Strictly the wing-t. Little team speed and weak linebackers. :roflolk:

Pudding anyone? :thumb:

Just a joke, comp. Notice my wink there? I say, let em figure it out. I mean everyone knows South really run the wishbone anyway. haha

From what I see 2001 was their last banner year in a weak conference. 2003 was reclassification if I'm not mistaken and they were put in a championship conference. They were bottom dwellars every year up until this year. With this years reclassification Columbia is now in a weak conference and they dominated. Don't know who the coach was prior to 2003 or during the 2003-2008 campaign when they were the doormat. Or of course who the current coach is. They evidently have a sudden change of talent, coaching, or both. In the past 10 years they have only had 4 winning seasons. With marginal playoff experience to speak of they beat Anderson county in a high scoring affair. Anderson County was not to be snuffed. These two things tell me Columbia is talent laden for the first time in at least 8 years. Now where is the talent at? Obviously at QB and at WR. If their bread and butter is between the tackles with a power game but they beat Anderson with over 400 yards passing? Sound familiar? So are we playing the Vikings? Co"mon guys somebody help me out with the research here. Anderson put 46 on them...might say something about their D ya' think. :roll:

We are headed for hallowed ground Rebel fans: Lindsey Nelson stadium named for the Columbia native who served years as voice of the Cotton Bowl and voice of the Vols. If you've got Rebel Columbia (ironic?) blue be sure and wear it for this one. I know they will hear us. Make sure they see us united in team color.I believe they will be impressed with how well we travel from 5 hrs away. Sounds like we may camp in Murfreesboro on Thursday night and get some pre-game workout on one of the local high school fields. Oakland is out now. Maybe we can workout there and pick up a little of that state champ mojo.

REBEL NATION :roll: