Mitchell will win TSSAA 5A Championship

highschoolking

It's just Coach Cole's time. After losing to Knoxville Catholic last year in the 3A State Championship, those boys went to work 2 weeks after the game and haven't stopped since. There is much more discpline with this year's team and the kids always exhibit a never say die attitude. You can throw home field advantage out the window because the team prefer to play at their opponent's home field. The kids at Mitchell are focused and determined. If you're not coming into the game prepared to score 40 points then it may be a waste of time to show up !!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just Coach Cole's time. After losing to Knoxville Catholic last year in the 3A State Championship, those boys went to work 2 weeks after the game and haven't stopped since. There is much more discpline with this year's team and the kids always exhibit a never say die attitude. You can throw home field advantage out the window because the team prefer to play at their opponent's home field. The kids at Mitchell are focused and determined. If you're not coming into the game prepared to score 40 points then it may be a waste of time to show up !!!

C'mon mane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the sake of all us Mitchell/Memphis-area fans, could you please try not to sound so arrogant and cocky?

Humility and Graciousness are much the preferred tone.

------------------------------------------

Mitchell has an excellent team, with an excellent shot at bringing the Gold Ball back to Memphis. But, let me assure you--Beech, Columbia and Sullivan South also have equally great shots @ doing the same, and knocking off Mitchell in the process! They all probably feel that it's "their time," also.

Anyway, go Mitchell. Beat Beech!!!! :D

Looks like a "safe" prediction as Mitchell is very talented,experienced at playoff football,and hungry for a gold ball after coming so close last year. As the previous poster stated, there will be two more opponents for them to contend with and I would suggest that there may be forces at work that many are not aware of and will not understand. :D

For the sake of all us Mitchell/Memphis-area fans, could you please try not to sound so arrogant and cocky?

Mitchell has an excellent team, with an excellent shot at bringing the Gold Ball back to Memphis. But, let me assure you--Beech, Columbia and Sullivan South also have equally great shots @ doing the same, and knocking off Mitchell in the process! They all probably feel that it's "their time," also.

Anyway, go Mitchell. Beat Beech!!!! :thumb:

First of all there was nothing arrogant or cocky about what I said. If you go back to week 1 of the playoffs up to now, Mitchell has scored 54 pts round 1, 54 points round 2 , and 42 points quarterfinals, so they are averaging an outstanding 50 points per game. I know alot of those kids very well. They are not cocky, arrogant, instead they are a humble bunch. As good as Redmond, Malone, Hudson Twins, and Gibson are, they are not your usual high school athlete. Those kids are great young men and never show any kind of brashness or cockiness. I make my statement based off the fact that they had their hands on that gold ball and let it slip away last year. Their focus has been getting back to The State and bringing the Gold Ball home.

Highschoolking,

I am the biggest Mitchell fan in the world, but teams will not laydown. We have some flaws that could get us beat. This is the semis and all four teams are capeable of winning it all. I told the boys Friday to stay humble and play hard.

I don't expect teams to lay down and if you are the biggest Mitchell fan then you know that Mitchell has a resilient group of players. Melrose didn't lay down either, they gave it their all to beat Mitchell. Mitchell upside outweighs their downside ( flaws). I predict them to win The State Championship this year and bring the Gold Ball back to Memphis !!!

everybody has a story... it's truly everybody's time to win!!! please

Anyway, go Mitchell. Beat Beech!!!! :thumb:

First of all there was nothing arrogant or cocky about what I said. If you go back to week 1 of the playoffs up to now, Mitchell has scored 54 pts round 1, 54 points round 2 , and 42 points quarterfinals, so they are averaging an outstanding 50 points per game. I know alot of those kids very well. They are not cocky, arrogant, instead they are a humble bunch. As good as Redmond, Malone, Hudson Twins, and Gibson are, they are not your usual high school athlete. Those kids are great young men and never show any kind of brashness or cockiness. I make my statement based off the fact that they had their hands on that gold ball and let it slip away last year. Their focus has been getting back to The State and bringing the Gold Ball home.

Then how did Mitchell lose 3 times this year? How did White Station thump you 30-7? what's your excuse for that?

Then how did Mitchell lose 3 times this year? How did White Station thump you 30-7? what's your excuse for that?

The White Station game was the last game of the season and it was meaningless. Why risk getting key players hurt when the playoff format was already set ? You better do some homework first and worry about your team making it to The State !!! The losses that Mitchell had were to 6a White Station and Whitehaven and Melrose, which all are powerhouse teams !!!

The White Station game was the last game of the season and it was meaningless. Why risk getting key players hurt when the playoff format was already set ? You better do some homework first and worry about your team making it to The State !!! The losses that Mitchell had were to 6a White Station and Whitehaven and Melrose, which all are powerhouse teams !!!

highschoolking...I appreciate your enthusiasm for Mitchell, and I am certainly hoping they win the Gold Ball. But, you gotta get the story straight....

The reason they lost to WS 30-7 was because it was a mud bowl. The passing by both teams was nullified by the wet weather and mud being caked on the football. Neither QB could make a respectable throw. WS made adjustments by running the ball. Mitchell tried running their standard offense. Mitchell also lined up their defense in a normal set in the first half. We ran through it at ease, resulting in the 30 points. In the 2nd half, Mitchell put 9 in the box, kept corners on our wide outs, and stopped us from scoring in that half. With a 30-0 lead, we weren't about the try passing by that time.

Had the field been dry, rain not present, it would have been a much more competitive game in all likelyhood. Mitchell did not rest any of their players. They were simply one dimensional due to the weather conditions.