Mitchell will win TSSAA 5A Championship

highschoolking

The title of this thread states that Mitchell will win TSSAA 5A Championship but I was referring to next year because they return key players, lol !!!!! No seriously though, I am eating crow because of the thread. However, that is the only thing that I said that was incorrect. I did state that if Beech couldn't score 40 points then there was no need to show up because Mitchell scored 42. Hats off to Beech on a tremendous effort tonight. Our defense was horrible, I mean I knew we had some issues but never seen anything like that. It was indeed a shootout and worth the price of admission. Once again congrats to Beech, now go win it all !

So much for predictions! I have alot of respect for you sir! Coming back and eating your crow! Some folks don't do that on these threads! :thumb:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of this thread states that Mitchell will win TSSAA 5A Championship but I was referring to next year because they return key players, lol !!!!! No seriously though, I am eating crow because of the thread. However, that is the only thing that I said that was incorrect. I did state that if Beech couldn't score 40 points then there was no need to show up because Mitchell scored 42. Hats off to Beech on a tremendous effort tonight. Our defense was horrible, I mean I knew we had some issues but never seen anything like that. It was indeed a shootout and worth the price of admission. Once again congrats to Beech, now go win it all !

HSK,

I think you totally MISSED the point about WHY many posters (especially me) took issue with your thread title:

------------------------------------------------------

-- it's NOT about your accuracy/inaccuracy.

-- the TONE of your words scream arrogance and cockiness! THAT'S the problem!!

-- those are two undesirable and annoying traits, especially in sports competition.

-- in the future, please consider using a more humble and respectful tone. :thumb:

-- trust me--it is easily possible to be be confident without being/sounding arrogant.

TraderB, what you need to understand is that your perception of something is your own personal reality. I clarified that my statements were not cocky and arrogant. Now just because you perceive them to be, doesn't mean that they were. I clarified what my intent by my statement was.

It was mentioned Mitchell has a lot back next year. So does Beech. Haymer and Walker who both went for 150 last night are back as well as the QB Neal, the wide receiver Zinchini, Fleming who had 2 ints last night, DB Cash, Linebacker/TE Gomer and others. Only 8 seniors on the roster.

I bet they guy that made this thread went home an balled up and cried lol..Beech had sophmores and juniors killin on defense..and im not a beech fan or a mitchell fan...the dude that made this thread is flippin it arounf lol he said that he was meaning that they will win next year :thumb::thumb: what an idiot!!!

It was mentioned Mitchell has a lot back next year. So does Beech. Haymer and Walker who both went for 150 last night are back as well as the QB Neal, the wide receiver Zinchini, Fleming who had 2 ints last night, DB Cash, Linebacker/TE Gomer and others. Only 8 seniors on the roster.

I bet they guy that made this thread went home an balled up and cried lol..Beech had sophmores and juniors killin on defense..and im not a beech fan or a mitchell fan...the dude that made this thread is flippin it arounf lol he said that he was meaning that they will win next year :thumb::bored: what an idiot!!!

No Mr. Irrelevant, I put (lol) behind that jokingly. I made this thread and I am still here. I am a fan of Mitchell but not that much of a fan to be crying and boo hooing. There are more depressing things going on in life than to cry over a game. Mitchell will return some talent but they will lose a ton of it as well.

Beech has guys playing free safety that shouldn't be there - Mitchell definitely had some talent, not very weel coached however, contrary to whoever said they were - your wrong - I coached HS football for 12 years and their defense is not sound at all... the couldn't stop the run game with nine men in the box...they have a couple of great athletes.... #74, he his a man!! The onside kick by Beech to begin second half and fake punt were very questionable in my opinion... reason being when your up make the other team go as far as they can to make them score... it eats clock... i mean when you are up 22, why onside kick and give them a short field? The first onside kick at the beginning of the game is not a bad idea... it boiled down to this - Mitchell could not stop Beech from running .... right HSK?

On the comment that I made bold:

Because being up 22 points was not enough and the HC at Beech realized it and therefore wanted to keep the Mitchell offense off of the field by any means possible. You were at the game. You saw Mitchell score at will. I don't think it took Mitchell over 3 minutes on any of it's possesions to score when they did. You just can't spot another team 23 points and overcome it in most cases.

The second item highlighted:

You are exactly on point. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the DC for Mitchell kept putting his LB's so close to the line of scrimmage. It didn't work in the first half so why not pull them back and let them read the play? The Mitchell DC had been making excellent adjustments throughout all of the playoffs. Beech went away from the I-Formation and to the Wing-T and Mitchell couldn't get a stop and ATE CLOCK!

Oh well ... got get-em Beech ... great game!

I told you guys that this would be worth the price of admission. I have to say that watching #7 catch passes was a thing of beauty. I'm glad I chose to go to the Beech/Mitchell game instead of the White Staion/Brentwood game.