Mitchell will win TSSAA 5A Championship

highschoolking

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats still a pretty good offense, the defense...not so much. :thumb:

Beech has guys playing free safety that shouldn't be there - Mitchell definitely had some talent, not very weel coached however, contrary to whoever said they were - your wrong - I coached HS football for 12 years and their defense is not sound at all... the couldn't stop the run game with nine men in the box...they have a couple of great athletes.... #74, he his a man!! The onside kick by Beech to begin second half and fake punt were very questionable in my opinion... reason being when your up make the other team go as far as they can to make them score... it eats clock... i mean when you are up 22, why onside kick and give them a short field? The first onside kick at the beginning of the game is not a bad idea... it boiled down to this - Mitchell could not stop Beech from running.... right HSK?

Here comes Mitchell, Malone with his 3rd td of the half, 36-28 Beech.

this score here was uncalled for - Beech free safety watched the guy run by him and catch the ball at the goal line... if you were playing in the backyard you'd go after the ball and he just basically cruised over and watched his corner get beat - he could have picked it off had he RAN

Here comes Mitchell, Malone with his 3rd td of the half, 36-28 Beech.

this score here was uncalled for - Beech free safety watched the guy run by him and catch the ball at the goal line... if you were playing in the backyard you'd go after the ball and he just basically cruised over and watched his corner get beat - he could have picked it off had he RAN

I'd say Beech came to play and hangs up 50! Mitchell's offense is very explosive and can score quickly, but this quote, IMO is true. Beech drops 3 sure interceptions and wastes an opportunity late in the 1st half. Congratulations to Coach Crabtree, the coaching staff and the players.

Beech has guys playing free safety that shouldn't be there - Mitchell definitely had some talent, not very weel coached however, contrary to whoever said they were - your wrong - I coached HS football for 12 years and their defense is not sound at all... the couldn't stop the run game with nine men in the box...they have a couple of great athletes.... #74, he his a man!! The onside kick by Beech to begin second half and fake punt were very questionable in my opinion... reason being when your up make the other team go as far as they can to make them score... it eats clock... i mean when you are up 22, why onside kick and give them a short field? The first onside kick at the beginning of the game is not a bad idea... it boiled down to this - Mitchell could not stop Beech from running.... right HSK?

Congratulations, Beech. Great season, Mitchell.

Does everyone in Memphis run the spread? It looked as if they had never seen a speed sweep or misdirection running play. 419 yards rushing, are you kidding me? Either their talent was overrated, or they have never been taught to tackle. They generally had 9 or 10 in the box and Beech still imposed their will on them at the line of scrimmage all night long. When you have two backs with 150+, either the talent missed the bus in Memphis or the defensive coordinator has lost his mind.

Also, those had to be some of the poorest excuses for on side kicks I have ever seen. Beech has not done a good job handling those all year, but when you kick it out of bounds or 20 yards deep it aint that tough. Coaching.......??????????

Well, the title of this thread looks a bit silly, now doesn't it? :lol:

Great win, Beech!

I agree--it looks ABSOLUTELY silly, and awfully arrogant!

As an avid supporter of all Memphis-area teams... that is precisely why I IMMEDIATELY took issue with Mitchell fan, "HighSchoolKing" (the originator of this thread)--from the very instant that I spotted the title of this thread!