Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Well, Giles County has the confidence factor going in. I don't think Greenville really thinks that they can win. We are smaller but are way more talented.

If you have made it to the championship game, you KNOW you have a great team. I will bet my left leg that neither one of these teams are going into this game with the attitude that "well, it's just great to be here....." BOTH teams believe they have the superior team. BOTH teams believe they can win this game. That's why they will actually go out and play the game on Saturday, and not let all of us experts just decide the outcome. :roflol:

If Giles wins this game, it will be because they outplayed Greeneville on the field. Simple as that.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with alot of that but I don't agree with it for this week. You just don't have the team to do it Saturday. We've been pumped for this year and this run since the ending of the season last year. Ya'll are lucky to be here, acutally. Not only that but you just don't have the talent to be able to compete. Our only weakness is on defense with the smaller DB's but with Wallace back there, there is no deficite.

You know what, your worse than arshad.

You don't Greeneville has been pumped since their semifinal run last year? Without Maryville in their way, probably more pumped.

Lucky? What part of winning four playoff games constitue as luck? The devils have worked their butts off to get to the ship just like Giles has. Don't take anything away from these boys, for either team.

Weaknesses on either team will be seen cause I think both coaches are just that good with gameplans. I know Ballard is and what I've heard of O'Connor from your guys on this thread he is a dandy of a coach too..

At this point, it's any teams game to win, or lose.

Well, Giles County has the confidence factor going in. I don't think Greenville really thinks that they can win. We are smaller but are way more talented.

I really do not know how you get that one. Why would Greeneville not think they can win? What has Giles County done that Greeneville hasnt? Aside from a better record.. nothing. In addition, Greeneville's 3 losses were all close games to 3 very good teams. With that said, I guess Greeneville didnt think they could be the undefeated #1 team in the state Red Bank either. OH WAIT, they did beat them, because they knew they could win. Just like they know they can win this week. A good player, team, or coach will never go into a game thinking that they are gonna lose! It's high school football, any team can beat any team so you should always go into a game thinking you can win!

I do agree with alot of that but I don't agree with it for this week. You just don't have the team to do it Saturday. We've been pumped for this year and this run since the ending of the season last year. Ya'll are lucky to be here, acutally. Not only that but you just don't have the talent to be able to compete. Our only weakness is on defense with the smaller DB's but with Wallace back there, there is no deficite.

So Greeneville isn't allowed to expect a run for the championship this year after the success they had last year in a much tougher division?? Being that this is your first championship appearence, I can safely say Greeneville made it just as far or farther (Semi-Finals) in AAAA last year than Giles did in their division. Greeneville has been outmanned almost every if not every playoff game, but yet they have won. I hope the Giles players reflect your view and come in thinking they have won it. I think you need to give Greeneville more credit. Point is they made it here just like Giles did by winning. When you get this far it isnt luck!

Obviously they have to be good or they wouldn't be in the Championship game. That is an automatic given. I'm just saying that if it wasn't THIS Giles team that they would have a good chance at winning. It is sorta like Tennessee playing Nebraska in the 90's or Penn State in the 80's and early 90's. They just can't beat good teams like those....

I see Mikey is still around.

Yeah I'm still here. I feel so loved :D

Obviously they have to be good or they wouldn't be in the Championship game. That is an automatic given. I'm just saying that if it wasn't THIS Giles team that they would have a good chance at winning. It is sorta like Tennessee playing Nebraska in the 90's or Penn State in the 80's and early 90's. They just can't beat good teams like those....

Yeah I'm still here. I feel so loved :D

Shout out to you man. I don't know how you do it. Your like that old commercial. Take a licking and keep on ticking. Kudos to you. :D

I appreciate that, I don't get alot of credit around here :D

Obviously, you do not know anything about Greeneville football. Take your pick of Greeneville teams the past 3 years, and I'll say they would have a chance agianst THIS Giles team... You havent done enough research to know exactly what you are saying.

Well, it wouldn't be much of one. What does Greenville have going for them. Any high caliper position players? Is it just a tremendous team that you have?

Greeneville has alot going for them. They may not have those great stand out players, but they do have a team full of heart and work together as a unit just as well as any team in the state. It has took every player to do their job in their position to have such succes. This is why they are where they are. They may not be the best team in the state or anythin, but they can play. Just saying you act like GC is the best team in state, and they are certainly not.

Well, it wouldn't be much of one. What does Greenville have going for them. Any high caliper position players? Is it just a tremendous team that you have?

Doesn't matter how good one player is unless you have a good team around you, that's why it is a team. And when a team plays as one they get to go to State-Kudos to both these teams for playing as one!

Got our rankings right off the scoreboard immediately after the horn sounds on Friday nights.

Looks like your ranking gurus set you up for a jump ball and a three point attempt

To whomever got your rankings off the scoreboard was just what I thought...Out of your mind.

Saturday you may want to take a pic of the scoreboard immediately after the horn sounds and you will see Greeneville 24 Giles 13. Trust me, I've done the MATH ! Greeneville Devils 4A Tennessee State Champions. You and Your Giles "Buddy" will need to remember what Greeneville's Offensive unit did to your overrated D and what Greeneville's Defense did to your O. I have seen Greeneville beat the BEST team in 4A fair and squire!

Greeneville's Coaches will be prepared with a winning game plan and will take your game away from you!

Greeneville little devils are good! No, wrong word. Greeneville Football team and Coaching Staff of 2009 are GREAT !

So since you are getting your rankings from the scoreboard and without anyother knowledge of football then I know you will need to take a PIC of the scoreboard of your defeat in the final game of the year. Because trust me on this, you will not believe it! And you will not know what happened to your mighty Giles team.

Good luck Greeneville from Chatt-town community.

jwc