It is Very Fair for West Tennessee Teams to go to Cookeville

VolunteerCoach

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little over 24 hours away from kick off of the 2009 Blue Cross Bowl Championships!

The Cookeville community is excited about hosting the championships with over 300 local volunteers ready to welcome excited fans from across the state. The local businesses purchased more ads in the program than any championship programs in the past!

The weather will be cold but the rain should be gone! Parking is close to the stadium-if you get there early enough you can park next to the stadium. Over 1100 parking spaces within 100 yards of the stadium. Another 2000 spaces within 250 yards of the stadium.

A friendly city, safe environment, excellent football weather, cozy football facility, excited fans and great teams- it's going to be a great weekend!

Good luck to all the teams-we are looking forward to seeing you this weekend in Cookeville!

The weather will be cold but the rain should be gone! Parking is close to the stadium-if you get there early enough you can park next to the stadium. Over 1100 parking spaces within 100 yards of the stadium. Another 2000 spaces within 250 yards of the stadium.

disgustidfan......Yall don't maik peepull who haiv ole weared out truks park inn a seprutt lot do ye?????.... :wacko:

Neyland Stadium would be my choice.

that would be a terrible choice in terms of atmosphere....can you imagine like 10,000 fans in that thing?

Neyland wouldn't be an option, and neither would any venue with a natural grass surface. There is no way they could play 8 games in three days on grass and still have a playable surface after the middle of day two, and it wouldn't last that long if the weather didn't cooperate.

What ever venue the Blue Cross Bowl is played has to have an artificial surface.

Neyland Stadium would be my choice.

that would be a terrible choice in terms of atmosphere....can you imagine like 10,000 fans in that thing?

Neyland wouldn't be an option, and neither would any venue with a natural grass surface. There is no way they could play 8 games in three days on grass and still have a playable surface after the middle of day two, and it wouldn't last that long if the weather didn't cooperate.

What ever venue the Blue Cross Bowl is played has to have an artificial surface.

Both the stadiums in Indy & Detroit (mentioned above) are indoor stadiums w/ artificial surfaces - something we don't have in TN. I like playing outdoors & am glad the high school championships aren't in a dome. IMO the only reasonable places to have the Blue Cross Bowl are Vandy, MTSU & TN Tech.

I was in Indiana for Thanksgiving and listened to a couple of the title games there as I was driving around. The Indiana body plays their titles games at Lucas Oil Stadium. I thought that was pretty neat. The Colts and the IHSAA (I think) have a very good relationship.

True story. A guy I work with is from Indiana and his high school was playing for the title there. That is really cool. But I guess the Colts can afford to do something like that. Still very cool to know they are willing to open up their stadium for high school kids to play on such a big stage. I'd say for someone to ask Bud Adams if he'd do the same with LP Field, but he'd probably just flip em the bird. :blink:

What school did he play for?

Also, I agree whole-heartedly that LP Field couldn't host because of the natural grass. I was just saying it was pretty neat as to how Indiana did it.