SP's Terrell Robinson is A Class Act

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to ponder pirate faithful... Randall Cobb was a better quarterback than Robinson is and you see where he is. If T.R. want's to have a shot to play with the big boys in a big conference he would be wise to look at the path of Cobb. Who was the last quarterback from East Tennessee to play for a big time conference FBS school?

That is a very good point doctor.Teams recruit by need.There are many variables that go into assesment of player's and their potential.The reason I harp on David Jones getting multiple major offers, is because it's very hard at the 1-A level to secure them. It had been 10yrs since a player from SP got any D-1 offers .David stoped playing multiple sports and dedicated himself to football. At this level it appears to have had made him a major caliber recruit.The toil in the weight room vs. the fans adoring your physique during basketball season it not easy for a 16,or 17 to do. A huge sacrifice at these ages.The level of competition is fierce.I have challenged some the younger players to consider making a choice.This could help them in their ultimate goals if they so choose. Terrell is special. He will shine eventually with the choice that he has made.

i don't usually respond on a football forum but old pirate is right about this young man. any coach would be proud to coach him and he is a pretty good basketball player as well. if he had been born 200 miles to the north he may very well have wound up wearing a basketball uniform with KENTUCKY on the front of it. congrats to a very deserving,classy and humble young man who represents his fine family,school and community extremely well.

• 1 month later...
I don't know about T.Robinson at MTSU.They looked at him at another position as well as all of the other major schools.Some kids change position, but Terrell wants the chance to do what he's been doing most of his life.They hadn't offered which is a shame.Terrell may not be as fast as the QB at MTSU but he is bigger.At the level UTC plays I think they are getting a steal with him.With his continued work he has an unlimited amount of upside,(over used term)but not in this case.

Sounds like UTC made some promises,that make's since now I was wondering why they passed on the best passing QB in Chattanooga.

Look at the #'s in the last two years threw for over 5500 yds and over 50 td's in the LARGEST classification in the state of TN. Jacksonville State , Western Kentucky , Tusculum , Lambeth University , & Central Florida . Word has it he will decide next week.

UTC passed on this kid and the Chatt. media they want acknowledge him either.Here is how much they think of him. 2008 Best of Preps offensive player of the year and when the banquet was held they gave the award to a running back at Ooltewah. 2008 All region QB of the year. 2008 All State. 2009 Best of preps. 2009 All region offensive player of the year. 2009 Offensive MVP of Toyota East / West All Star game. Led the Chatt. area the last TWO years in YD'S passing and passing TD'S playing in the largest classification in Tenn. In two years played in 22 games and averaged over 224 yds passing in every game. Listed on the TSSAA All time records list for Single season passing yds 2672 and single season passing TD'S 30. And UTC passed on him ??????????? I don't understand . Oh yea a 3.97 GPA and Harvard did come to visit him. And UTC passed on him ??????????? are you kidding ?????????

UTC passed on this kid and the Chatt. media they want acknowledge him either.Here is how much they think of him. 2008 Best of Preps offensive player of the year and when the banquet was held they gave the award to a running back at Ooltewah. 2008 All region QB of the year. 2008 All State. 2009 Best of preps. 2009 All region offensive player of the year. 2009 Offensive MVP of Toyota East / West All Star game. Led the Chatt. area the last TWO years in YD'S passing and passing TD'S playing in the largest classification in Tenn. In two years played in 22 games and averaged over 224 yds passing in every game. Listed on the TSSAA All time records list for Single season passing yds 2672 and single season passing TD'S 30. And UTC passed on him ??????????? I don't understand . Oh yea a 3.97 GPA and Harvard did come to visit him. And UTC passed on him ??????????? are you kidding ?????????

Maybe I'm missing something here but I think UTC missed this one !!

Maybe I'm missing something here but I think UTC missed this one !!

Dad burnit, Old Pirate jest can't wait to find out who this fre-nom is..........? Recon OP missed something too like a name.........................................