SP's Terrell Robinson is A Class Act

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does this kid project to play in college-QB, reciever? I just wondered since Coleman is there at quarterback.

Terrell wants to go where he can play QB...That is what Huessman wants him as....So he will study under Coleman next year for sure....may see him in some wildcat packages

Common sense says he will redshirt next year for sure and will basically have two years learning under Coleman. He is just a sophomore this year and I don't see terrell beating him out or coleman leaving early. Definitely a redshirt year next, which means good things for terrell in the classroom. :shock:

Here is a question for the SPitt faithful. After seeing T Rob last friday as a Grace Fan I was very impressed. I also saw Randall Cobb a lot in high school and I wondered why Terrell wasn't or isn't being looked at by any larger sec schools or just larger schools in general. What's the background or history to his recruitment??

Here is a question for the SPitt faithful. After seeing T Rob last friday as a Grace Fan I was very impressed. I also saw Randall Cobb a lot in high school and I wondered why Terrell wasn't or isn't being looked at by any larger sec schools or just larger schools in general. What's the background or history to his recruitment??

Old Pirate says a best guess is T.Rob most likely was under the radar last year with D.Jones gitting the headlines and this year he was provided an avenue to show all his ability. The ole Greenback QB-Saterfield is now at UTC and he knows the type football SP plays. As far as SEC and larger schools, figure theys will be plenty of scouts at the Championship game. Recon it will be "Show Time" for all players a hoping to git attention. OP heard Vandy was interested at one time and perhaps his play may bring some folkes a calling late. :shock:

Come to think about it, T.Robinson reminds OP of another Robinson that played for UT several years ago. Dad burnit, can't rightly remember his 1st name. Too many skillets since then.

Old Pirate says a best guess is T.Rob most likely was under the radar last year with D.Jones gitting the headlines and this year he was provided an avenue to show all his ability. The ole Greenback QB-Saterfield is now at UTC and he knows the type football SP plays. As far as SEC and larger schools, figure theys will be plenty of scouts at the Championship game. Recon it will be "Show Time" for all players a hoping to git attention. OP heard Vandy was interested at one time and perhaps his play may bring some folkes a calling late. :shock:

Come to think about it, T.Robinson reminds OP of another Robinson that played for UT several years ago. Dad burnit, can't rightly remember his 1st name. Too many skillets since then.

Wasn't it Tony?

I've met the young man's brother (A.Rob.) a few times. If he is anything like him, he's a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. With the tools he has "upstairs", it looks like Vandy would be all over him, as well as, D. Jones from last year. I'd say D. Jones is every bit as good as Gaston Miller from R'dale, probably bigger, and yet they give him a shot. I know T. Rob has the frame to put on some weight and he def. has the athletic ability, so those shouldn't be an issue. If he were at McCallie or Baylor, or maybe even Ootlewah (sp?), do you think he would be getting more looks? I've wondered the same thing about some of our players in the past. Idk! Maybe we're just looking through them rose colored glasses, huh OP? Good luck Terrell! :thumb:

The Polk game was a game in which several SP fans could hear the Polk coach shouting to his players to hit # 6 every play regardless if he had the ball or not. Polk players did exactly what they were told and coached to do with one play being an obviously late hit on T. Rob that went uncalled resulting in a concushion. The QB attempted to shake out the cob webs but was never the same the rest of the game resulting in the Pirates failing in their bid to overcome a 1st half lead by the Wildcats.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Polk's current coaching staff has been accused of being nothing but classy in their 10 years at Polk. Polk has received a total of 2 unsportsmanlike penalties in the past 2 seasons. This is no coincidence. There is no question Polk hits, but they do it within the parameters of the game.

IMO, South Pitt just isn't used to getting out hit. :roflol:

The Polk game was a game in which several SP fans could hear the Polk coach shouting to his players to hit # 6 every play regardless if he had the ball or not. Polk players did exactly what they were told and coached to do with one play being an obviously late hit on T. Rob that went uncalled resulting in a concushion. The QB attempted to shake out the cob webs but was never the same the rest of the game resulting in the Pirates failing in their bid to overcome a 1st half lead by the Wildcats.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Polk's current coaching staff has been accused of being nothing but classy in their 10 years at Polk. Polk has received a total of 2 unsportsmanlike penalties in the past 2 seasons. This is no coincidence. There is no question Polk hits, but they do it within the parameters of the game.

IMO, South Pitt just isn't used to getting out hit. :roflol:

Flinty, Old Pirate NEVER said ANYTHING about Polk playing dirty or outside the parameters of the game. OP says the Pirate Boosters sell items out of the same end of the building that the opposing team dress in. Yes, the shouting of instructions were heard outside as well. Sorry......feller, yous need to watch out for them skillets. :roflol: The play that nearly knocked Terrell out was..............................late!

Yeah, that is all part of the game. Look at tapes from MC in the middle 80's to the middle 90's, you will see every time that the Marion QB's are getting punished 90 percent of the time, even if they give it to the dive back or the pitch man. That is what offenses like that do, pretty much give free reign to the QB, and the spread option is no different. ;)

Yeah, that is all part of the game. Look at tapes from MC in the middle 80's to the middle 90's, you will see every time that the Marion QB's are getting punished 90 percent of the time, even if they give it to the dive back or the pitch man. That is what offenses like that do, pretty much give free reign to the QB, and the spread option is no different. ;)

Old Pirate says come on TTP, find something orange and come watch the Pirates. Yous may as well git used to watching the Pirates for several years to come. They are going to be tough and most likely yous will find grey hair and sees some bare spots before they fall under the radar again.

I've met the young man's brother (A.Rob.) a few times. If he is anything like him, he's a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. With the tools he has "upstairs", it looks like Vandy would be all over him, as well as, D. Jones from last year. I'd say D. Jones is every bit as good as Gaston Miller from R'dale, probably bigger, and yet they give him a shot. I know T. Rob has the frame to put on some weight and he def. has the athletic ability, so those shouldn't be an issue. If he were at McCallie or Baylor, or maybe even Ootlewah (sp?), do you think he would be getting more looks? I've wondered the same thing about some of our players in the past. Idk! Maybe we're just looking through them rose colored glasses, huh OP? Good luck Terrell! :popcorneater:

Nobody want to answer my question? Come on OP, what do you think?

Of course I'm not downing Terrell, UTC, or the Pirate program. It's just I think we get overlooked, by all levels, just because we are in 1A. I realize that not many from our class go on to play major D1 football, but I'm also talking about some FBS schools as well. No one is going to get on here and tell me Montrez Mitchell, among many others you/we have had, couldn't play in the OVC, for example.