Dyer County vs. Union City

beavo5

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So talk, Beavo. What happened? What was the final and give details. :wacko:

Just got back from it and it was better than it started. 1st quarter DC jumped out to a 16-2 lead and UC fought back and at 1 point were up 11 points. Then DC kicked it in gear and got it to overtime, where DC just dominated it and DC won 80-70 in OT!!!! DC was in foul trouble all night.... It was a good game and DC showed that it could step up under pressure... Terrible night from the free throw line for DC, but in overtime they went 10-10 from the free throw stripe. Big Cedric was 6-6 from the free throw line in OT!

Great effort by both teams! Should be a good game at the end of the season as well in UC!

My count may be a little off on point totals but this is what I came up with for DC (Corrections are welcomed!)

Big Cedric Janes- 15

Fred Yarbrough- 22

John Hudson- 14

Robert Hubbs- 18

I sure didn't know Hudson had 14..I remember him hitting a 3 at the very start and maybe a couple free throws..He had a quiet night,at least to me..I thought Hubbs played very well for a freshman...

This is to my Lake Co buddies..two in particular ..And 1 that said this was the worst Union City team he'd ever seen..Posted that on here about 2 weeks ago..Remember that Chipper?Last night I was sitting with him and when the score was Dyer Co 16-2..my other buddy chimed in..Union City is terrible..I said ..ok guys..I saw them at Martin and their starting five is pretty good ..hustle..can shoot..Union City just doesn't have a bench..Have to play about 6 players all the way..May get a couple minutes out of one of the others..I kept telling them that Union City has a good team..don't yall say anything when Union City beats Lake Co by 10 points..Then all a sudden Union City stratred playing lights out..All they heard from me the rest of the night..Yea..That's the worst U.C. team yall have ever seen..I guess you know what the talk turned to then..?Dyer Co isn't any good..! I think both Dyer Co and Union City have fine ball clubs..I really thought Dyer Co would win this game by about 15 points before the game started..Dyer Co has a lot of talent but there will be some very good teams in Memphis waiting on them and Northside in the playoffs...I saw Southwind beat Union City about 3 days ago about 72 to 40 or something like that..Union City couldn't shoot over the taller Southwind players..And Melrose and White Station may better than Southwind..probably the best two teams in the state..

As surprised as you might think this is, I am with AAUFAN on this one...I'm shocked UC was able to get this thing to overtime....Playing DC in DC is tough enough with a real solid club let alone one that is probably the 3rd best team in their 1A district....UC does what they do by playing hard and being well coached even when they are obviously physically and athletically over-matched...There are NO moral victories in Union City basketball but this is as near one as there is...

i do have to say that uc did play harder than dc did. I think dc was thinking they was going to walk into that one playing uc and hoping to put the jv in at the half. now u got to consider that the refing wasn the best but refs do not win and lose games. dc is just a good ball team that can put a string of good plays together to win a game. i think that dc was also caught looking ahead to fridays match up against north side with it being the rematch of tournament last year. but if dc plays like they did last night they will get slaughtered not just by memphis teams but any one around here that plays them. They played many different ways last night none of them good but im thinking of one word in particular.....

My count may be a little off on point totals but this is what I came up with for DC (Corrections are welcomed!)

Big Cedric Janes- 15

Fred Yarbrough- 22

John Hudson- 14

Robert Hubbs- 18

I sure didn't know Hudson had 14..I remember him hitting a 3 at the very start and maybe a couple free throws..He had a quiet night,at least to me..I thought Hubbs played very well for a freshman...

This is to my Lake Co buddies..two in particular ..And 1 that said this was the worst Union City team he'd ever seen..Posted that on here about 2 weeks ago..Remember that Chipper?Last night I was sitting with him and when the score was Dyer Co 16-2..my other buddy chimed in..Union City is terrible..I said ..ok guys..I saw them at Martin and their starting five is pretty good ..hustle..can shoot..Union City just doesn't have a bench..Have to play about 6 players all the way..May get a couple minutes out of one of the others..I kept telling them that Union City has a good team..don't yall say anything when Union City beats Lake Co by 10 points..Then all a sudden Union City stratred playing lights out..All they heard from me the rest of the night..Yea..That's the worst U.C. team yall have ever seen..I guess you know what the talk turned to then..?Dyer Co isn't any good..! I think both Dyer Co and Union City have fine ball clubs..I really thought Dyer Co would win this game by about 15 points before the game started..Dyer Co has a lot of talent but there will be some very good teams in Memphis waiting on them and Northside in the playoffs...I saw Southwind beat Union City about 3 days ago about 72 to 40 or something like that..Union City couldn't shoot over the taller Southwind players..And Melrose and White Station may better than Southwind..probably the best two teams in the state..

I agree with u sir! I don't recall who posted this the worst UC team they have seen in a while! There are lots of people on theses threads that know more about the game than i! I love the game but i know lots more about the game of football! But even myself as ignorant as i am of basketball know u never say that UC is a terrible basketball team! To much tradition at UC and to well coached as LC! We all will have down years that is part of the game! But to say that this UC team is bad! I just don't buy it! The district is tough as it is year in and out! The season is young good luck to all this year!! :blink:

As surprised as you might think this is, I am with AAUFAN on this one...I'm shocked UC was able to get this thing to overtime....Playing DC in DC is tough enough with a real solid club let alone one that is probably the 3rd best team in their 1A district....UC does what they do by playing hard and being well coached even when they are obviously physically and athletically over-matched...There are NO moral victories in Union City basketball but this is as near one as there is...

Its early in the season and teams just get better as the season goes on. We'll get to see a rematch of this game at the end of the season!

AAUFAN, we aren't worried about those Memphis schools!! Why worry about something that is way down the line? We have alot of improving to do and we'll see who's ready by tournament time!

I agree beavo....

Ever since there has been a Sisco on the bench at Union City the main objective is to be ready by tournament time....Sisco schedules good teams and tries to go play in good tournaments to get his team ready for Feb. and March....It hurts the won-loss sometimes but it gets them ready to see good athletes...

I agree beavo....

Ever since there has been a Sisco on the bench at Union City the main objective is to be ready by tournament time....Sisco schedules good teams and tries to go play in good tournaments to get his team ready for Feb. and March....It hurts the won-loss sometimes but it gets them ready to see good athletes...

Coach McCord has been doing the same thing at Dyer County since he came here. I believe it will be another tough game at the end of the season. Union City always plays hard and will come at you for the entire game. Just remember that state championship game. SORRY LEGEND, busted that out there, but it was a key example! I like Union City's coaching staff! Shane is hilarious as a coach, so animated. Preston is a great assistant coach. UC NEEDS A BIG MAN DOWN LOW!!!! Good Luck to Union City! From what I saw last night, UC can could very well come out and beat LC and Humboldt for that 14A Championship!