scott smith resigns as topper headcoach

sissygirl

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah right Scotty. Your going to shut up just like you were not going to post again if DB beat South this year. :wacko:

Good point Jack! What would I do without you? You are like a well trained puppy. Everytime I post, you come running. :oops:

Nice try Scotty Boy, but evrybody (with a brain) knows I own you. I just post after you to point out what a fool you are. :thumb: You did say you would never post on CoachT again if DB beat South this year. Did you not?

Okay, I'll be honest here, it didn't even occur to the Boone staff to take the knee. I was just pulling the old "Stacy is smarter than Jeremy" card. Shouldn't have. They both are fine coaches. I'll shut up. Good luck next season. I really think you guys will be right there.

Don't say that! As soon as you do, that QB from Central will decide to transfer to South and pick us apart! I'll admit that at this moment in time, things look good for Boone, just a bit better than South, but from also some of the other postings...that taking for granted thing won't get it done in Gray. We have to get past that South hurddle this year, and that's a big one from the Boone point of view. You and TN High will be right in there with us, fighting it out for the top spot in 5A I have no doubt about that.

Any other rumors about that coaching spot, seems a ton of money is flowing into SH...wonder where it has been all these years?

Okay, I'll be honest here, it didn't even occur to the Boone staff to take the knee. I was just pulling the old "Stacy is smarter than Jeremy" card. Shouldn't have. They both are fine coaches. I'll shut up. Good luck next season. I really think you guys will be right there.

Don't say that! As soon as you do, that QB from Central will decide to transfer to South and pick us apart! I'll admit that at this moment in time, things look good for Boone, just a bit better than South, but from also some of the other postings...that taking for granted thing won't get it done in Gray. We have to get past that South hurddle this year, and that's a big one from the Boone point of view. You and TN High will be right in there with us, fighting it out for the top spot in 5A I have no doubt about that.

Any other rumors about that coaching spot, seems a ton of money is flowing into SH...wonder where it has been all these years?

You can leave Tn High out of the equation for the next few years I think. They are going to see a tremendous drop off. They MIGHT have one more run in them next year, but after that, it's slim pickings in Bristol for at least 3-5 years. As for the SH job, I won't speculate because of what happened last time. They are a wild card.

You can leave Tn High out of the equation for the next few years I think. They are going to see a tremendous drop off. They MIGHT have one more run in them next year, but after that, it's slim pickings in Bristol for at least 3-5 years. As for the SH job, I won't speculate because of what happened last time. They are a wild card.

I'd take that. It would be nice to be able to take it to Bristol and beat them, always a tough team. Too bad there isn't a way to track how weightlifting and such are going from team to team, cause we could always have some surprises in any of the teams.

I keep hearing Turner Turner here lately.

Volman, what is the word currently on ETSU football? Is is dead in the water? Is there a steering committee?

I'm not volman, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

ETSU football is dead in the water. The last step the administration took was putting a student atletic fee increase to a student vote back in 2007, which failed to pass. The fee increase would have covered cost incurred by football and another female sport in order to meet title IX gender equity requirements. Private funds would also have been needed.

There is the Friends of Buc Football foundation, which holds regular meetings. bucfootball.com

Volman, what is the word currently on ETSU football? Is is dead in the water? Is there a steering committee?

Isn't the usual word that if Stanton is there, isn't football out? But I did hear recently on JC news that they did stats and colleges with football have higher enrollment sooooooo...dead in the water sure, but at least hopeful. I expect sometime in the next few years we will hear something about it trying to come back again.

Hey WaCo.... Remember when I was shot and spit at by some Redneck for mentioning Stacy Carter for the Science Hill job? Ha ha, I don't see anymore shootin' and spittin' now. :wacko::oops:

Yep,I'm the Redneck raised right in the same neighborhood as you...And at least someone wants our Coach...You guy's couldn't pay Science Hill to take Barney..lol :lol::wacko:

You are 100% correct Mr. Vandalay. Now the southside don't know whether to spit or go blind. On one hand they'd like to keep their head coach, but on the other hand they'd like to see him get hired by a bigger school so they could brag about how good he is. Like they created him or something. :lol:

Im still trying to figure out why rebelredneck would leave me such a opening as he/she did in the above post. I mean get real. "Barney" as you call him is in the top three in win percentage in the state (over 100 games). South has not beat him in 17 years. Clark has beat Science Hill 17 straight. He took what was possibly the worst team in DB history and beat what you Southers were calling one of you best team's in history. And beat you badly I might add. Im not even going to mention the 44-0 beatdown he gave South in 2006. Not even goin to mention it. Science Hill can't pay what it would take to get the G man.

I do not mean any disrespect to Graham Clark,everyone knows he and Darrel Watson have been the class of this region for many years, but SHHS can do better. Look to the west.

I dunno from the way things sound, I don't really think a new stadium new coach new anything is going to help SH. You can't throw money at a problem and fix it. Main concern to fix anything is the fact that the kids coming up through the ranks just don't seem to be football kids. Basketball, baseball, golf, swimming, tennis...yeah all these cover SH as still competing, but as for football, looks like JC needs a better feeder program to make more football players.