Coach Sheppard resigns

BigG

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canes and Cannon, I understand both of your points, but take it up on another thread, please.

Tennsportsfan, thank you for putting this back on track.

The Oak Ridge job is a good one to get. I have already heard of several coaches applying, but I think it might be difficult if there is no teaching or administrative position open to go with it (if I remember correctly, Coach Sheppard was not teaching or administrating at the high school). They may use an interum coach for the spring, and then hire a "full time" coach in the fall (again, this is speculation and not based on any facts that I have heard).

BigG,,,I tried several times. Must be a reading comprehension problem on CC part.

My #1 pick for that coaching position is mjuhb. Likely a perfect fit for a great number of reasons. I seriously hope that he considers it.

i can't afford to go to oak ridge everyday

the assisdant coach or a club coach will take it

Many thought the underlying reason for the coup de etat was for that very reason. However there is no reason why the position could not go to someone fresh from the outside. Also, aside from the 2 losses early on at Katie Hunter, which is for cobweb shaking, the team went undefeated at home. Its very hard to come into there, and win when the crowd is jacked. Maybe if some of those that do polls could have gone over there to see those games, the team might have had a little more respect and made for more honest assessments by all.

Many thought the underlying reason for the coup de etat was for that very reason. However there is no reason why the position could not go to someone fresh from the outside. Also, aside from the 2 losses early on at Katie Hunter, which is for cobweb shaking, the team went undefeated at home. Its very hard to come into there, and win when the crowd is jacked. Maybe if some of those that do polls could have gone over there to see those games, the team might have had a little more respect and made for more honest assessments by all.

losing those games had nothing to do with shaking cobwebs....they just faced some good teams and got beat. O.R. did get some "mo" late but Houston still would have beaten them at the end of the season. Houston did face a rowdy crowd that evening and still won handily. I'm sure if OR had gone undeafeated at KH you wouldn't be talking about shaking the cobwebs. In fact, one thing I noticed about OR is if the KH is for shaking the cobwebs and developing your team the coach wasn't doing it. Very limited in his substitutions that weekend. I saw games in hand by OR with 10 mins left and starters still in so let's don't kid ourselves. He was there to win every game and win by a big margin if he could.

I don't know OJ so I have no opinion on situation. My only experience was KH and i saw OR play 3 times.

losing those games had nothing to do with shaking cobwebs....they just faced some good teams and got beat. O.R. did get some "mo" late but Houston still would have beaten them at the end of the season. Houston did face a rowdy crowd that evening and still won handily. I'm sure if OR had gone undeafeated at KH you wouldn't be talking about shaking the cobwebs. In fact, one thing I noticed about OR is if the KH is for shaking the cobwebs and developing your team the coach wasn't doing it. Very limited in his substitutions that weekend. I saw games in hand by OR with 10 mins left and starters still in so let's don't kid ourselves. He was there to win every game and win by a big margin if he could.

I don't know OJ so I have no opinion on situation. My only experience was KH and i saw OR play 3 times.

I am not going to get into a sparing match over the reason for early season tournaments, nor take anything away from Houston. Congrats on a good season. However the OR team was struggling early on the season with 5-4-1 and everyone here pretty much wrote them off. Thus adjustments were made because of the tourney (thus "cobweb shaking"), namely the shifting of key personel where badly needed, getting back healthy players, the abandoning the flat back four, and the naming of an additional senior captain. It would have been nice to see the same 2 teams in the final. Obviously every coach wants to win every game. However early looks should not be confused with overall outcomes when the rubber hits the road in the post-season. Bearden beat up on West 7-1 early in the season, and we know how the District final went.