Smith County football 2010?

owls32

I sure hope the bad attitude issues this team dealt with last year have been resolved

If this was meant towards the Cubs then I can assure you that some members of last year's team are gone but overall the poor attitudes of some older players were not the issue. The fact of the matter was that the young guys were just better and when they got the opportunity to play once "postseason hopes" were dashed in Week 7 then they really played hard and competed. 2 of those last 3 games that they competed so hard in were against 9-1 teams Creek Wood & Camden Central.

I will not get on here and shoot off at the mouth and say "Smith County is not going to beat the Cubs by 40 this year" because they very well could. I do know that the players on the field will look very different to the Owls. #'s 15, 23, 51, 68, 21, 7, 6, 71, & 58 will still be enrolled at CCCHS absolutely HOWEVER they will not be on the football team (at least not the same kids). #'s 31, 55, & 34 were the trio of seniors who graduated from last year's team.

I have always said that "you are what the #'s say you are". With that having been said right now the Cheatham County Cubs are a 1-9 football team. There is nothing that can be said to "sugar coat" that fact. Smith County is a State Quarterfinalist team that was just 1-POINT away from being in the State Semifinals. They had some very impressive wins last year against the likes of DeKalb County, White House, & Pearl-Cohn. They did lose some very good seniors. #'s 7, 30, 13, & 51 were all outstanding football players. They also had some very good linemen walk the line and receive diplomas this spring. THEY WILL STILL BE SMITH COUNTY IN THE END THOUGH!!!! This means that they'll be physical and come out and play from the snap to the whistle. Coach Maynord is a great coach. He learned a lot from Coach Rankin and his used it to enjoy plenty of success. Yes, that is the same Coach Rankin who is arguably the best coach to grace a sideline in TN State HSF History.

Bad Attitudes were around absolutely however that is not the excuse as to why the Cubs were 1-9 last year. It's a tall task to compete on Friday nights with 14-15 year old playing against 17-18 year olds week in and week out. I don't care if Vince Lombardi is coaching them!

Guest Termite

Termite the field is looking good along with the pressbox. By the time we play on it it should look real good.

Glad to hear that....I haven't been by lately. I'm starting to get the fever. I talked to a couple of players a week or so ago. I think they got the fever too.

Has something been done with the pressbox?? I'll be by and check things out when the pads start popping.

I talked with some of them folks on the south side a few days ago too..........they got their chest throwed out a little. Some seem to think this could be their year.

Guest Termite

I think they were afraid JW was going to holdout. :popcorneater:

I think they are sound proofing the walls for the G-ville crew,Croz. They yell and scream on EVERY play. JW needs to concentrate. How else can he talk about his golf game and such.....

I think they are sound proofing the walls for the G-ville crew,Croz. They yell and scream on EVERY play. JW needs to concentrate. How else can he talk about his golf game and such.....

They already have sound proof foam on the walls.

They've had complaints from the cheerleaders for being louder than them.

To be honest, when I've listened, I don't hear the yelling, but at most I listen to one game a year.

Guest Termite

It's time......

The picnic is tonight. It kind of ofically starts the season.

New season...new turf....ungraded pressbox....new group of Srs.and Frosh....new hopes and expectations.

This group of Srs seems to lead like the group last season.....not vocal but by example. Johnston,Hackett,McKinney,Penson and the rest.........IT'S TIME......

Guest Termite

It's about time y'all upgraded your facilities to match your talent! :roflolk: ....of course I'm not talking about the field.

Hey 7........Hows the Creekbank facilities after the flood??? And ....how's The Jackets talent this year??

Haven't head much from TC this year........

It's time......

The picnic is tonight. It kind of ofically starts the season.

New season...new turf....ungraded pressbox....new group of Srs.and Frosh....new hopes and expectations.

This group of Srs seems to lead like the group last season.....not vocal but by example. Johnston,Hackett,McKinney,Penson and the rest.........IT'S TIME......

Better go ahead and add Edgell, West, Owens, Wakefield and Nuss to that list at least. I know they will all be serving vital roles on the up and coming Owl squad.

Edited by OWLSRULE