WHO will be the next Coach at INDY ? ? ?

sarahpalin

If Dyson stays long enough and grows as a coach, I think this may work out, but he certainly has a long way to go. Being a great player rarely translates to being a great coach. The community must understand that wins are going to come much harder, especially in a couple of years when the school splits.

It was a shame how all of this was handled, but hopefully all of that can be left behind and Independence can move on with trying to keep a quality team on the field and grab a few wins. Hopefully Jerry Jones didnt do too much damage.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamson Co. is a "slow learner"!! Remember the last time the county hired one of those ex-pro phenoms.................that would be Dennis Harrison at Page, and he brought (2) ex-pros to help him. How did that work out?

Being a great player, playing in the pros has NO translation to coaching (especially in HS)...........it might help better in college or the pros.

This is going to be a mess. I hate to see my alma mater make this terrible choice. Indy has the best talent by far in the county and now I think the coaching will neutralize that. Do they understand the high school game? Players don't care if you played pro ball, they care if you can coach them successfully. I am still shocked. Is this the best we can do?

It appears the answer to the thread question is finally answered. Just got word that Kevin Dyson let the players know today that he would be their new coach. It appears to me that he should have made that clear last year when Campbell brought him to Indy. What took so long?

I guess Eubanks saw exactly what was going on and made a smart decision. I applaud Coach Eubanks for walking away. Way too classy for the doings going on at Indy.

Isn't Dyson the athletic director as well?

Am I correct in saying that Dyson has very little high school coaching experience. I know he did some time at Glencliff before coming to Indy. No offense to Dyson, I do not know him, but does that qualify him for a head position anywhere?

There was also a lot of talk in this thread about several guys turning down the job. I know for a fact that Donnie Webb from Franklin turned it down, so where did Dyson stand in all of this? Last resort?

What does the indy nation really think about what is going on there :thumb:

first for the kids at INDY i hope its a good move.......... but really is it ?

Is Dyson ready to coach in one of the toughest conferences in the state ?

here is a guy that seems to be using his music city miracle to get the jobs, - Look for all i know or dont know the guy could be the czar of all A.D. 's and the the next Don flippin Shula -

But he is named the AD without putting in any dues at all, and then gets a good lil gig as the head coach over at INDY when all he has done is for a few years work as a non paid coach for i do believe Frankin then FRA then a wide receiver coach for Glencliff before arguing with head coach Scott Murray and getting the boot...

anyways its been fun and im sure it will get better come august......

That is it? You are telling me beyond a wr coach at Glencliff the guy was a volunteer coach at Franklin and FRA? Dyson was one yard short, is the principal at Indy one mile beyond the kookoo's nest? :thumb:

well i am sure that no one saw this coming

lets see, staff being built gutted from what was put together by both smith and eubanks in the hopes of building an "elite" staff....what do you have there now....off season program is a joke

had some great candidates interview but low and behold, after searching the world winds up choosing himself, the volunteer stints coaching we will see if coach dyson, and i use that term loosely, what kind of offense, what kind of defense,....i figure with his great experience they had better hire a great offensive and defensive coordinator to coach the team

eubanks saw it coming, everyone did. Mr. Campbell is in trouble at indy, decisions are not good

coach dyson remember these phrases and actions:

one, hollar loudly and throw your hat or visor down frequently, will make you seem intense and really into the ball game

second, make sure all the coaches look dressed to the nines....remember famous words from billy crystal - " it is better to look good than feel good, you look marvelous"

third, use key phrases like:

we lost but the kids played hard

we are young but getting better every game even though we loose every game

the kids are having a hard time picking up the offense and defense

hey, you know that i was a tennessee titan once

do you believe in miracles, i do

i am channeling my inner vince lombardi, in fact vince was in on the interviews and at some point we both agreed that it was best for me to be the head coach, in fact we took two names to Mr. Campbell: Kevin dyson or kevin dyson, after almost 3 months a decision was made, dyson was chosen and he has decided to give himself several years to transistion

i am sorry indy fans, i am thinking that after next year we will even be longing for the days of smith and eubanks...the kids deserve better, the parents deserve better and the students deserve better...this farce will not go on for long, eventually the people at top will be replaced and they will start over again....2 years tops maybe less

parents hold their feet to the fire, look for specific plans, not long range promises....words like discipline, hard work should mean something not just be spoken...good luck coach dyson, we all want to be surprised and we all do want you to be successful ... independence deserves it

go eagles