Moore Co 2010

bigredbird

The word from the grapevine is that there are about 15 inquiries. Not sure, how many are actually possible candidates. Hope, they decide on one pretty quick. The new coach needs to start evaluating players and be thinking about spring practice.

I am glad the coach is here and now he can start evaluating players and be thinking about spring practice.... :thumb:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that several players (4-5) might not play this year because their assistant coach didn't get the job. I read in the Tullahoma news paper that MC and coach Smith are talking about a 5 year plan and that Coach Smith says that he plans to stay and "put down roots". In the Moore County paper he said that he came to Moore County because football was important there. I'm sure that he told the last three schools the same thing. I read a post on CoachT (by coach Smith) where he said that he left Independence and went to Science Hill because football was important there. I wish Moore County players the best. The players certainly deserve a head coach that will stay a while after the last two only stayed three years combined. I hope that I'm wrong, but I would bet that Smith won't be there after three years and that this year's freshmen players will have to adjust to a new head coach again before they graduate. Good luck to the players.

No coach can promise more than two years. The nature of FB is simple... win or move! Scott won 3 games last season. He did not want to leave but he had little choice. If he doesn't win next year he will receive the wrath of Moore County. You guys have already started even before he takes the reigns. Good luck Coach, you will need it in Lynchburg. The boy who left school to transfer to Tullahoma is ineligible.

No coach can promise more than two years. The nature of FB is simple... win or move! Scott won 3 games last season. He did not want to leave but he had little choice. If he doesn't win next year he will receive the wrath of Moore County. You guys have already started even before he takes the reigns. Good luck Coach, you will need it in Lynchburg. The boy who left school to transfer to Tullahoma is ineligible.

Word is: The LYNCHburg faithful ran him off.

OK, I am confused. I know I am just a pup on this site but who did the LYNCHburg faithful run off?

OK, I am confused. I know I am just a pup on this site but who did the LYNCHburg faithful run off?

First, go back and start reading the previous posting to help you get caught up.

That should answer your questions...

I like the idea of having a Coach stay for least 4 years. If a coach has a good program he will win in Lynchburg...MC has the kids that can play ball..just need a coach and school administration that is willing to work together for the kids.

Go Raiders!!!!!!!! :x

I have read for several days now that Coach Smith will be excused if he does not have a winning season in Moore County; however, in an earlier post someone stated that he was excused from his last school for that exact reason..........now lets think about this: if he was excused from his last school for not winning, WHY was he hired based on his "proven track record of success". I also read that he was "14-17" his last three years....so again, where is the proven track record? He won a state championship nearly a decade ago; what has he done since then? You have to ask yourself, did HE build that team or stumble upon an opportunity. I also heard that he has been "consistently reaching the playoffs"over his career, but ironically only made it ONCE in the last three years; i must have misunderstood the consistency they are talking about. I think Moore Co may deserve better than that if they really want the "football tradition" back.