Boyd Buc 2010

reaction

The 2009 campaign was a good one. We came up a little bit short, but nothing to hang our heads about. What will the 2010 edition of the Boyd Buchanan Bucs bring to the table? We are losing a lot of senior experience. Lots of wholes to fill, but with hard work from the underclassmen it can be done. 2010 starts now. Who will the QB be? I know we have a stud coming up from the middle school squad that will be a freshmen next year. Will he possibly get some snaps, or will our back up from this year get the start? Roc Hood should be healthy after knee surgery, Seems he will contend for the starting RB job along with the speedster Chase Reed. . I am a little bit more worried about how we reload on defense. Our secondary is gone. We do keep #33 Hayden Meadows at LB, so that is a big plus. He had a great day against TC. Also #15 Ross Kesler will return so the LB position won't hurt much.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corners are a big question mark. Andrew Peace and Taylor Eldrige will have to step up along with many others. We can use Trey Johnson somwhere if he can stay healthy. I think we will be allright on the line. We will mostly need our younger players to step up with little exp. since we just had 2 JV games this year. We should have a good freshman class comming in and will have little problem with district games.

I agree the lines will be fine. They just won't have as much game experience. We still have big Vinnie and Malik. Vinnie has got better every year, so for his senior year, I expect him to step up big time. Malik still has as lot of room to learn, but I think he can be a good one. You are right Powerp Meadows will be a good one for us next year. I hope his carries increase.

I would think that Clayton Parker would be the projected starter @ QB next year. However, Jim Cardwell will be a freshman, and may compete for the job. He will be an excellent QB whenever he gets his chance. I would not be surprised to see a much more balanced offense in the coming years with these two at QB.

I hope Roc will be back. I heard his knee was messed up badly. There are a lot of folks out there pulling for him!

Talking with a coach yesterday, I understand that the line is expected to be improved next year. They will actually have more game experience than this year's line started the season with.

Lots of seniors to replace, but I fully expect our guys to be contending for the title again next season.

I would think that Clayton Parker would be the projected starter @ QB next year. However, Jim Cardwell will be a freshman, and may compete for the job. He will be an excellent QB whenever he gets his chance. I would not be surprised to see a much more balanced offense in the coming years with these two at QB.

I hope Roc will be back. I heard his knee was messed up badly. There are a lot of folks out there pulling for him!

Talking with a coach yesterday, I understand that the line is expected to be improved next year. They will actually have more game experience than this year's line started the season with.

Lots of seniors to replace, but I fully expect our guys to be contending for the title again next season.

I have not seen Jim play, but I have heard a lot of people talking about him. Parker is probably projected to start. What kind of receivers will we have coming up?

Yup. Hope the guys hit the weights hard in the off season. A lot of people probably won't expect a lot out of them, since there will be so many new faces, but they could surprise some teams I think.

Old Pirate says lots of work to do before becoming a championship team again, jest like the Pirates.

Plenty of holes to fill for some players who want to step in and prepare in the off season for the new challenges. Both should having winning seasons.