Pickett Co/Jackson Co

bobcatfan300

Pickett Co. came out acting scared of JC and got down 29-9 before they woke up and outplayed JC for 3 quarters and outscored them 37-30...but too late. They cut it to 7 or 8 several times but just were very inconsistant and blew a dozen chances to cut it more. Awful refs...walking was ok all night by both teams, but especially JC. But Pickett got away with some too which the JC crowd didn't like either. Leonard usually walks a lot and is never called, but not last night. It was the other players. If Pickett goes to Clarkrange on Tuesday with the same defeated before they step on the court attitude, Clarkrange will beat them too. Maybe this will wake them up and they'll play 4 full quarters Tuesday.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7watcher,

How are you doing? .....havent talked with you in awhile. I couldnt help myself, I apologize for that last remark. Looks like Jackson County is the team to beat from 7A this year. I really think this year looks like its wide open, several good teams in the state but no dominant team like the 08 Clark Range team.

Did you see where we got a big win last night over 7-0 Lake County. I still think Lake County is the best team in west Tennessee but we got em last night. I may call you and catch up on the news one day next week.

7watcher,

How are you doing? .....havent talked with you in awhile. I couldnt help myself, I apologize for that last remark. Looks like Jackson County is the team to beat from 7A this year. I really think this year looks like its wide open, several good teams in the state but no dominant team like the 08 Clark Range team.

Did you see where we got a big win last night over 7-0 Lake County. I still think Lake County is the best team in west Tennessee but we got em last night. I may call you and catch up on the news one day next week.

I seen that Lake Co score and knew that was a big win for you, we still have room for improvement, Give me a call.

I may be confused but doesnt Pickett County have 3 All State players?

A team with 3 All State players should not lose a game.!

Now.....now Be easy there :roflol:

Pickett county has a very good team. It is about time to give the JC defense

credit. Also there are some on offense, that have improved very much in the

last year. JC could be a team to watch, if they continue to play together

and help each other. There won,t be any double and triple teaming JC this year.

Best of luck to everyone this year, stay healthy. God Bless.

It looks like forrest is ready for another run. JC can be as good

as the players want to be. They have the people, the desire

and time will tell. They are playing outstanding defense now.

Need to improve on the nets, if they want to go all the way.

We are really proud of the effort of this team. They are really

coming together, not unlike the 08 team.

They were playing Jackson co. with last year's Miss Basketball...a transfer from Red Boiling Springs, and one of the teams favored to win the state this year. And, yes, PC should have beaten them, but didn't play for the first 12 minutes like they can. The rest of the way they did outscore JC.

The score could also be Jackson Co. 59 Pickett Co. 56 RBS 10

and last night Pickett Co. 58 Clarkrange 35 York 18 and Monterey 24

There has to be pride in having your own homegrown girls playing for you, instead of building teams with tranfers. Winning like that has to be a little hollow.

Sorry, not hollow just another victory. Clarkrange blitzed PC last night and won by 19 and it could have been worse if the JVs didn't come in. Why would girls with talent transfer to PC to play? If they have the talent and want to be recognized they will go to the better programs where they will receive better coaching and more exposure. That's a simple fact of life. Molly Heady is going to TTU on scholarship. Would that have happened at Monterey? No. Laken Leonard is going to MTSU. Would that have happened at RBS? No. PC has three all state players. Where have they signed to play college b'ball? Probably no where. Getting a scholarship to pay for college is a big, big deal as most parents struggle to pay for their kids if it's coming out of their pockets. You should appreciate that and not belittle other programs that are historically better for obvious reasons: better coaching, more recognition, more championships, more players receiving scholarships.

They were playing Jackson co. with last year's Miss Basketball...a transfer from Red Boiling Springs, and one of the teams favored to win the state this year. And, yes, PC should have beaten them, but didn't play for the first 12 minutes like they can. The rest of the way they did outscore JC.

There has to be pride in having your own homegrown girls playing for you, instead of building teams with tranfers. Winning like that has to be a little hollow.

ooops...you left out "better recruiting"

And why would someone transfer to PC? 5 state championships and going to state last year. They pulled away on fouls last night...both teams put in subs at the same tiime. And yes, Laken would have gone to TTU from RBS since she was known all over the state when she was there.

Sorry, not hollow just another victory. Clarkrange blitzed PC last night and won by 19 and it could have been worse if the JVs didn't come in. Why would girls with talent transfer to PC to play? If they have the talent and want to be recognized they will go to the better programs where they will receive better coaching and more exposure. That's a simple fact of life. Molly Heady is going to TTU on scholarship. Would that have happened at Monterey? No. Laken Leonard is going to MTSU. Would that have happened at RBS? No. PC has three all state players. Where have they signed to play college b'ball? Probably no where. Getting a scholarship to pay for college is a big, big deal as most parents struggle to pay for their kids if it's coming out of their pockets. You should appreciate that and not belittle other programs that are historically better for obvious reasons: better coaching, more recognition, more championships, more players receiving scholarships.