New Girls oach at Harpeth

OpinionDad

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth has played two district games. Stewart County, who they beat by 20 + and Waverly, who they beat by 4 and were picked by many to win the district this year. Harpeth has played most of the year with two players (Miller and Felker) with varsity experience. Their point guard Maryann Fenner has had knee problems and has missed several games. The new coach is playing on average 10 to 12 players a game and they are gaining valuable experience. If they continue to adjust to the new coaches style and the young players continue to improve, Harpeth will compete for the district title. I have not heard of any problems surrounding the new coach. The players have had to make some adjustments on and off the court which are common when a new coach comes on board.

I have seen him in action several times this year. He needs to get off the bench and coach his team. His players deserve to be instructed and helped through tough games. His apparent lack of interest is disgusting after having watched Harpeth play for years. Chances are he doesn't pay attention to this coacht stuff, but if he does happen to read this, I challenge him to coach up his girls. He's not doing them any favors by sitting with his legs crossed on the bench. I'm referring to the two games against Sycamore (a legitimate opponent) in which his team lost by a combined total of nearly 60 points.....

I have seen him in action several times this year. He needs to get off the bench and coach his team. His players deserve to be instructed and helped through tough games. His apparent lack of interest is disgusting after having watched Harpeth play for years. Chances are he doesn't pay attention to this coacht stuff, but if he does happen to read this, I challenge him to coach up his girls. He's not doing them any favors by sitting with his legs crossed on the bench. I'm referring to the two games against Sycamore (a legitimate opponent) in which his team lost by a combined total of nearly 60 points.....

Wow, give the man a chance...you change coaches so much at Harpeth in all sports that it is becoming a Coaching Graveyard..and not because of talent, but parents. You have no stability.

The girls are winning the games they are suppose to win and losing the ones that the other team has more talent or speed(Like Sycamore).

You wanted change...you got it...now live with it. Let the man run his program and you be a good spectator in the stands. :lol:

Come on guys. Other than Hoganknows, you guys have combined less posts than Hoganknows does. Freshmen parents? Give the new coach a chance! It's about time that Sycamore realized their potential. They have a talented bunch of juniors and seniors that SHOULD beat Harpeth on a given night. Heck, they did it for years in Jr. Pro and middle school. Let's FINALLY, give the Harpeth coach a shot at COACHING. The Lady Indians are going to be all right.

Could it be that he coaches in practice and doesn't feel the need to rant and rave during a game? Do everybody a favor and stop going to the games............just give the guy a chance. Geez......... dry.gif

You guys are right... I should have kept my mouth shut and will do so... Just hate to watch the student-athletes involved struggle and and show no progression. However, I will continue to attend as many games as I possibly can to support these kids and hope they are able to accomplish what they have proven in the past to be capable of, not interested in doing any favors for you DoctorDish... My money and support for these girls are as welcomed as your own.