Lake Co Falcons

lcwildfalcon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only adsmom would come join the fun..lol..she might would get to liking this version of Coach T if she would give it a chance..I didnt like it at first either.

SSHH!! :lol:

i have classified information about the person in question. She might make an appearance on here in a little bit :o remember you asked for it :o

Yea we want that dyer county coach before Mccord.lol That was the biggest empty gym that i've ever seen.

007 why don't you send him an e-mail? I'm sure he will leave David Lispcomb (NCAA D1 school) and come to LC.

I love how people bash him. "He wasn't a good coach they didn't win." Look at the rosters from his 2 seasons there and the ones after. Tell me what Coach in TN wouldn't win with what DC had in 05-06.

Don't take this as a bashing of McCord he is winning games and is probably filling sets. (I can't say as I haven't been this season)

Yea we want that dyer county coach before Mccord.lol That was the biggest empty gym that i've ever seen.

007 why don't you send him an e-mail? I'm sure he will leave David Lispcomb (NCAA D1 school) and come to LC.

I love how people bash him. "He wasn't a good coach they didn't win." Look at the rosters from his 2 seasons there and the ones after. Tell me what Coach in TN wouldn't win with what DC had in 05-06.

Don't take this as a bashing of McCord he is winning games and is probably filling sets. (I can't say as I haven't been this season)

Filling seats is an understatement. Uhm... and he (McCord) took over the girls program and has already surpassed the win total from last season with no changes in the roster!!

Oh so your admitting that Froedden would have done just as well with the reoster changes? :o

Beavo don't act like that was such a big deal. Those girls needed a change and everyone knew it. Don't get me wrong Angie is a great person and competitor but she never seemed to let the girls play enough. :lol:

I hate that Coach Whitby is in bad health and is not the same. He is a legend in West TN and I hope he is remembered for that.

Whitby is not the same man that coached Obion Central, but Lake Co. is winning a lot of games under Whitby. Like Lakecounty007 said, what was Lake Co doing before Whitby? with the same talent that Whitby now has? Some of the Obion Central people all hollered to get rid of Whitby back when he was there, and he left. And, Obion Central hasnt been as good since he left.

If Whitby was at Greenfield, there would be 3 point shots being fired the entire game. 3's would rain down from the rafters of the gym. Wes Clark and Heath Crouse would be shooting 3's like nobodies business. That's how Whitby coached at Obion Central. That, and in your face, harass you all night defense.

In the second half of the game against Greenfield, Lake Co. caused a lot of turnovers. Of course, some of them were due to the kind of passes that were being thrown by the Jackets. But, Lake Co. turned it up a notch after halftime. But, Lake Co.'s biggest problem...from what I saw....was that nobody could shoot. It was either a layup, or a miss.

I'm all for the running and even shooting the three's..But there is such a thing as a good 3 point shot and a bad 3 point shot..A good shot is when you are open..a bad one is because we're winning by 20 points..not going to hurt if I shoot 20 feet from the 3 point line and someone on me..and don't hit the rim.As a matter of fact Leron Garrett hit about 4 in a row last night..I like the running and the pressing..The only thing I dont like or want to see is..give the ball to the guards..we lose at least 12 shot attempts because the bigger guys can't handle the ball..That could be 10 extra points if the coach is paying attention..And hustle and play defense..Not slack off when you get a 19 point lead.And I played for Coach Clennon Dailey..The years I played..Lake Co was one of the top programs in the state for several years with the Belk boys..Charles Rice and Jimmy Ray Robinson..Kenton had Aaron Mays and Trenton was loaded with Buddy Sorrel,Ricky Jackson,Dave Lutter and Bailey..So..Lake Co did have some good teams before Whitby..

I guess these guys that post that Lake County didn't have good boys basketball teams before coach Whitby are just not as old as we are bigster. You mentioned some of them but don't forget Russell's father and John Michaeal Clay. They were pretty good too. Steve Speed also won here. In my opinion Coach Whitby has had more talent to work with since he has been here, more than other coach we have had in the past. Enough talent to at least get to one state tournament. I think that at this point in time the girls coach is the best coach in Lake county. He has taken two teams to the state tournament. And in my humble opinion the boys team that went to state didn't have the talent we have had since Coach Whitby has been here. He has had the players. Does anyone argue with that. The question is does he get the most out of his players? I don't think so. I watched Rafael take 3 layup attempts last night against Fulton city and wasn't looking at the basket either time. He missed all three. Is that not a teachable moment. I didn't see any teaching afterwards. I guess if you are satisfied with having all of this talent that we have had since the coach has been here and we keep winning 20 to 30 games a year then we should be satisfied. There is goodness in our teams but I believe that there is greatness in them if we can get everything out of them that is possible. I don't think we are getting the most out of our players. I think at this point in time there are coaches that get the most out of their players. I don't think the 2009 coach Whitby does. He also has the most hands off approach to coaching I have ever seen during a game. Was he like that at Central? I always heard he was fire breather. People may not believe this but I think that even with all the wins our teams have underachieved since he has been here. Lots of wins but no championship hardware to show for it. Why is that? I will end this post the way I started it ................Coach Whitby has had the talent.

Whitby is not the same man that coached Obion Central, but Lake Co. is winning a lot of games under Whitby. Like Lakecounty007 said, what was Lake Co doing before Whitby? with the same talent that Whitby now has? Some of the Obion Central people all hollered to get rid of Whitby back when he was there, and he left. And, Obion Central hasnt been as good since he left.

If Whitby was at Greenfield, there would be 3 point shots being fired the entire game. 3's would rain down from the rafters of the gym. Wes Clark and Heath Crouse would be shooting 3's like nobodies business. That's how Whitby coached at Obion Central. That, and in your face, harass you all night defense.

In the second half of the game against Greenfield, Lake Co. caused a lot of turnovers. Of course, some of them were due to the kind of passes that were being thrown by the Jackets. But, Lake Co. turned it up a notch after halftime. But, Lake Co.'s biggest problem...from what I saw....was that nobody could shoot. It was either a layup, or a miss.

I'm all for the running and even shooting the three's..But there is such a thing as a good 3 point shot and a bad 3 point shot..A good shot is when you are open..a bad one is because we're winning by 20 points..not going to hurt if I shoot 20 feet from the 3 point line and someone on me..and don't hit the rim.As a matter of fact Leron Garrett hit about 4 in a row last night..I like the running and the pressing..The only thing I dont like or want to see is..give the ball to the guards..we lose at least 12 shot attempts because the bigger guys can't handle the ball..That could be 10 extra points if the coach is paying attention..And hustle and play defense..Not slack off when you get a 19 point lead.And I played for Coach Clennon Dailey..The years I played..Lake Co was one of the top programs in the state for several years with the Belk boys..Charles Rice and Jimmy Ray Robinson..Kenton had Aaron Mays and Trenton was loaded with Buddy Sorrel,Ricky Jackson,Dave Lutter and Bailey..So..Lake Co did have some good teams before Whitby..

I guess these guys that post that Lake County didn't have good boys basketball teams before coach Whitby are just not as old as we are bigster. You mentioned some of them but don't forget Russell's father and John Michaeal Clay. They were pretty good too. Steve Speed also won here. In my opinion Coach Whitby has had more talent to work with since he has been here, more than other coach we have had in the past. Enough talent to at least get to one state tournament. I think that at this point in time the girls coach is the best coach in Lake county. He has taken two teams to the state tournament. And in my humble opinion the boys team that went to state didn't have the talent we have had since Coach Whitby has been here. He has had the players. Does anyone argue with that. The question is does he get the most out of his players? I don't think so. I watched Rafael take 3 layup attempts last night against Fulton city and wasn't looking at the basket either time. He missed all three. Is that not a teachable moment. I didn't see any teaching afterwards. I guess if you are satisfied with having all of this talent that we have had since the coach has been here and we keep winning 20 to 30 games a year then we should be satisfied. There is goodness in our teams but I believe that there is greatness in them if we can get everything out of them that is possible. I don't think we are getting the most out of our players. I think at this point in time there are coaches that get the most out of their players. I don't think the 2009 coach Whitby does. He also has the most hands off approach to coaching I have ever seen during a game. Was he like that at Central? I always heard he was fire breather. People may not believe this but I think that even with all the wins our teams have underachieved since he has been here. Lots of wins but no championship hardware to show for it. Why is that? I will end this post the way I started it ................Coach Whitby has had the talent.

That

s what I'm talking about..This team has talent..but the shots you mentioned..with coaching..this team can be a lot better..What worries me most about this team is we could have a 4 point lead with 40 seconds to play and have the ball and I'm not sure we have the mentality or coaching to not jack up a 3 ball..I'd hate to lose a gegion game and not advance because of a poor choice..Same about the foul situations I keep talking about..A coach should know and tell his team what to do late in the game..He has to be aware of this..I was a freshman when Steve Speed was here..As for the team I played with for Coach Dailey..the first year..Donald Moore ..Samson Purdy..Bobby Maze..Mike Haskell..Belk..Leroy Taylor..The next year James and Charles Belk..Joe Cheers and Bobby Maze..Jimmy Ray Robinson and Charles Rice.Pretty good talent..And had coaching..Coach Dailey wouldnt have put up with some of the shots like you talked about..unless maybe he had a 20 point lead late in the game.!

That

s what I'm talking about..This team has talent..but the shots you mentioned..with coaching..this team can be a lot better..What worries me most about this team is we could have a 4 point lead with 40 seconds to play and have the ball and I'm not sure we have the mentality or coaching to not jack up a 3 ball..I'd hate to lose a gegion game and not advance because of a poor choice..Same about the foul situations I keep talking about..A coach should know and tell his team what to do late in the game..He has to be aware of this..I was a freshman when Steve Speed was here..As for the team I played with for Coach Dailey..the first year..Donald Moore ..Samson Purdy..Bobby Maze..Mike Haskell..Belk..Leroy Taylor..The next year James and Charles Belk..Joe Cheers and Bobby Maze..Jimmy Ray Robinson and Charles Rice.Pretty good talent..And had coaching..Coach Dailey wouldnt have put up with some of the shots like you talked about..unless maybe he had a 20 point lead late in the game.!

Now, Mr. Big, Coach Whitby might be putting them boys through these game situations for a reason. He might be wanting to know how they react to certain situations. Wanting to know who he can count on in a clutch situation. He is smarter tham the average bear.

He also changed the schedule (no 13AA). Angie would have won more games this year in 13AAA. However this thread is about LC. LC does not have the horses it has had in the past years. SO Whitby as he always does has a purpose. Like it or not he will tell you all about it just ASK!

Oh so your admitting that Froedden would have done just as well with the reoster changes? :lol:

Beavo don't act like that was such a big deal. Those girls needed a change and everyone knew it. Don't get me wrong Angie is a great person and competitor but she never seemed to let the girls play enough. :roflol:

I hate that Coach Whitby is in bad health and is not the same. He is a legend in West TN and I hope he is remembered for that.

No I didn't say that and I will NEVER say that cause he got the boot (cause he was losing games) before his chance.