Gallatin vs Canton McKinley Ohio opening game 2010

GWAVE1

This game will be just the beginning to a great season for the Green Wave. Get ready Beech, Gallatin is going to get some revenge this year.

crackalack, crawled out of your hole to call out Beech? It's a little early for you to be asking for your annual spanking, isn't it?

Annual spanking? I would check the records on that to see who actually gets "spanked". I figured you would crawl out of your trailer and get to a library to make a post on here...glad you're looking forward to next year's game like I am Golddust.

I think you all that feel Ohio’s Football is overrated because Riverdale and MBA got some wins up there, you’re delusional. Simply put, if the top ten team in Tennessee played the top 10 Teams in Ohio, Ohio would win 8 of 10. That is not only true with Tennessee but about 40 out of the 50 states. There are teams up there that (NO!!) team in TN could touch. Cleveland Glenville, Cleveland St. Ignatius, Youngstown Mooney, Youngstown Ursuline, Steubenville, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Cincinnati, Elder, Louisville.

I’m from and played football in Ohio. I have lived in TN now for 11 years and no question TN has great football programs and if I’m honest with myself I know that Ohio Football is not what it use to be, however the talent up there is still top 5 or 6 in the nation, at a minimum.

That Moeller team MBA beat was a young but very good team and that was a nice win for MBA but when Riverdale went up and played Worthington, Riverdale was one of the best team Tennessee has ever had and they played a good Ohio team, that is not even considered great in their conference, let alone, one of Ohio’s best programs. Riverdale should have and did, beat that team soundly.

Gallatin will be playing one of Ohio’s greatest programs ever; they have been up and down for the last 20 or so years. I don’t know what Gallatin will be running into up there but from what I hear from a few of my friends still up there, McKinley will be very solid this year. Their schedule is stacked and I think Gallatin will have their hands full.

Good luck to my friends in Gallatin and have fun at one of the greatest HS football stadiums in all the land. I’m sure when the game gets closer we will be make some more posts.

Bulldog86, I keep hearing this same song year after year when Tn teams go there and WIN. Please tell me when one of those vauted teams will come HERE and show us how 'powerful' THEY are.

BTW most of the teams you mentioned are PRIVATES, so we are comparing apples to oranges somewhat. Yes, I know MBA is a private here, but when they went up there and WON they were not even the best of the privates here.

Good Luck Green Wave! :roflol:

About 5 or 6 years ago I looked up the records of Tennessee teams vs. out of state competition for the previous 10 years. I found out that Tennessee teams won the majority of the meetings. Now that stretches from the good ones to the not so good ones over every classification. Just an interesting fact.

McKinley also lost a lot of key players on their defense from last year. Hopefully Gallatin can find a replacement kicker/punter cause Satterfield was really good.

About 5 or 6 years ago I looked up the records of Tennessee teams vs. out of state competition for the previous 10 years. I found out that Tennessee teams won the majority of the meetings. Now that stretches from the good ones to the not so good ones over every classification. Just an interesting fact.

McKinley also lost a lot of key players on their defense from last year. Hopefully Gallatin can find a replacement kicker/punter cause Satterfield was really good.

Satterfield's loss is my biggest concern with the upcoming season. The size and depth of both lines should be a huge strength for Gallatin this season. As well as returning 8 or 9 starters on both sides of the ball.

• 1 month later...
Scrimmages against Riverdale and White House in the spring before the Green and Gold game.

Fall scrimmages against Smyrna, Riverdale and Blackman.

Can't wait for the trip to Ohio!

With the scrimmage schedule you guys have it will prepare you very well! Good luck to the Green Wave in Ohio! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Canton McKinley is loaded with talent every year but as others have stated stuggle with consistancey whether it be coaching or what ever, with that being said they are the favorite in many people opinions here to win the Federal league here in Stark county which may be the best big public school league in the state.. I have lots of family in TN and my brother works in Gallatin so this game will be heavily debated between us good luck I will be there to see what happens..

Canton McKinley is loaded with talent every year but as others have stated stuggle with consistancey whether it be coaching or what ever, with that being said they are the favorite in many people opinions here to win the Federal league here in Stark county which may be the best big public school league in the state.. I have lots of family in TN and my brother works in Gallatin so this game will be heavily debated between us good luck I will be there to see what happens..
I know the QB situation in McKinley is in good hands and with the talent level being high, I would expect that the receivers that they lost would be replaced fairly easily. Gallatin mainly has to deal with the long travel, all of the hype surrounding the game, and the experience of playing one of the winningest programs in history in the Hall of Fame Stadium.