Austin East & Pryor?

HOOPSGURU

Saw where AE beat Carter by 3. Just wondering how Pryor is eligible? He flunked every course in the Spring, didn't make Summer school, and has had multiple discipline issues this Fall to the point where people said he was kicked out of school. Maybe he was just suspended and not expelled like many sources were saying, but how does he pass his classes? In the Sentinel's article, Coach Mitchell said the administration made the decision to let him play. What about his grades? Has he been cleared by TSSAA? This is a joke! AE=Always Eligible.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I think both of you should mind your own business.. I'm pretty sure that if he didn't have the grades, he wouldn't be on the court playing.. Mr. Perry, the principal of AE, don't play that.. He's not going to put his school in risk for one player. Get off Pryor's (BEEP) and encourage him to do what's right.. Another thing why not point out what both coaches said in the paper today instead of bringing up false information.. How do you know he flunked every class in the spring? How do you know he was causing trouble this Fall? I mean who are you really? :thumb:

Mr. Pryor, LET YOUR HATERS BE YOUR MOTIVATORS!!!!! Build off of these haters and prove all of them wrong..

Another thing I must add, one player can't win a game. Pryor played a big role in the win but hey, what about the other players from AE? AE was on the verge of turning it around anyway. Come on now, West barely beat them on Tuesday so if they played West that close without Pryor you knew that they were on the verge of getting upset victory.

Hey Turtle... pryor's #1 hater is back and I'm not going to keep quiet. I tried to pay ae a compliment by saying your Athletic department's integrity doubled when you said pryor was no longer a part of the ae basketball team. Well that didn't last long.... the The integrity of your Athletic program just sank to the level of whale poop. Forget about the grades, let's assume he got all A's during his "where's waldo escapade. At what point did mitchel decide to ask administration... can we put the ticking time bomb back on the team. Is mitchell really looking out for pryor's best interests or was he just loosing too much sleep with a below .500 winning percentage? Is this the same administrative team that said the Marshall Boys could play football before Superintendent Dr. McIntyre made the moral and ethical decision for you? What message are you wanting to send to the young core of the team that is doing things right? It's ok to punch women, smash car windows, throw chairs at a game, shatter a window at another school, and fail all your classes... as long as you can help us win.

Boy, I was really rubbing it in about you shopping at Party City for mr. pryor's welcome back celebration. I said that a couple of losses early in the season and the "Where's Waldo" mystery would be over.... and I was right! So tell me this.... Is everyone in the ae bleacher's happy to see their hometown hero back in a jersey or are there any fans that don't approve Mr. brass knuckle's return.

Turtle, as much as I give you a hard time over the years about you supporting your beloved roadrunners and talking a bunch of smack talk like rivals do, I've always respected your passion and thought of you as a good person that is active in the Fulton/ae community. But you getting on here defending him when you know what all he's been involved with is disgusting. You have turned the other cheek and spit on the face of integrity. You have bought into the ae philosophy of "Always Eligible" and whether you choose to or not...you defend it every time you post. When your community should be embarrassed by the return your hometown hero, it looks like ae will be grinning from ear to ear in hopes of winning some games. This is not about helping a poor inner city kid who's trying to do the right thing. This is greed and proof that poor judgment is a contagious character trait looming on Magnolia Ave.

You, your coach, and the administrative team might have won a game against Carter, but ae looks like the real loser in the eyes of most sport's fans in Knoxville. As for me ... I'm not surprised in the ethical decisions and lack of moral integrity that surrounds your desire to win...I've watched it for years with several of my silent and non-posting friends.

From now on...In protest of this moral injustice, I refuse to capitalize ae, mitchell, or mr pryor and give them the recognition of a proper noun. They are now insignificant words in my vocabulary not worthy of deserving capitalization.

To the ae administration and coaches.... I'm disgusted and disappointed that once again...the people in the field of education that are hired to teach and lead by example have chosen this path. Congratulations on giving your school another deserving black eye. It will be interesting to see if Dr. McIntyre has to step in and clean up another ae mess.

Hey Turtle... pryor's #1 hater is back.

It will be interesting to see if Dr. McIntyre has to step in and clean up another ae mess.

First of all, I want to comment on the McIntyre comment you made. In my opinion, he should've keep his 2cents out of the football situation because it happen outside of the school and off school property.. My question last year and still today is, "When did the schools start making PARENT DECISIONS when things didn't happen at school?" Now I would say the same thing if it were to happen at Fulton so don't bring that up I'm still upset about that one...

Now to Pryor: When I saw this topic when I first logged onto it, I thought for you sure, you were the one that started it but to my surprised, you didn't.. However, I knew it wouldn't be long before you get on here and post. But seriously, Mitchell stated in the paper, HE HAD NO SAYSO in letting him play.. But when the decision came from AD-Mr. Armstrong and Principal- Mr. Perry's- Pryor could play he played him. So let's not get on here and talk bad about Mitchell he has his hands full already with a this young team. Photoman, you need to go watch the movie BLIND SIDE and quit talking bad about some kid that need some positive guidance. That's the only thing I'm saying... Because he busted out a window at Fulton means, nothing it was just a window which can be replaced and was replaced. THAT WAS LAST YEAR- how do you know he hasn't changed? Come on mane, give Pryor a chance he may be your future son-in-law are you still going to hate him if your daughter falls in love with him? Come on now, give him a chance... You can't sit here and hate on him the rest of your life..

Hey Turtle... pryor's #1 hater is back.

It will be interesting to see if Dr. McIntyre has to step in and clean up another ae mess.

First of all, I want to comment on the McIntyre comment you made. In my opinion, he should've keep his 2cents out of the football situation because it happen outside of the school and off school property.. My question last year and still today is, "When did the schools start making PARENT DECISIONS when things didn't happen at school?" Now I would say the same thing if it were to happen at Fulton so don't bring that up I'm still upset about that one...

Now to Pryor: When I saw this topic when I first logged onto it, I thought for you sure, you were the one that started it but to my surprised, you didn't.. However, I knew it wouldn't be long before you get on here and post. But seriously, Mitchell stated in the paper, HE HAD NO SAYSO in letting him play.. But when the decision came from AD-Mr. Armstrong and Principal- Mr. Perry's- Pryor could play he played him. So let's not get on here and talk bad about Mitchell he has his hands full already with a this young team. Photoman, you need to go watch the movie BLIND SIDE and quit talking bad about some kid that need some positive guidance. That's the only thing I'm saying... Because he busted out a window at Fulton means, nothing it was just a window which can be replaced and was replaced. THAT WAS LAST YEAR- how do you know he hasn't changed? Come on mane, give Pryor a chance he may be your future son-in-law are you still going to hate him if your daughter falls in love with him? Come on now, give him a chance... You can't sit here and hate on him the rest of your life..

OK... Dr McIntyre did give the coach and the school the chance to do the right thing with the 9 Marshall's All-star team. The media scrutiny kicked in because the school couldn't come up with a solution on what to do or how to handle the situation so close to a big playoff game. Your coach was lacking vertebrae and was pushing the decision off to administration and meanwhile everyone else in the county was scratching their head with the no-brainer decision. And when your implying let their parents make the decision, maybe that's been part of the problem. Tell me, how many of those parents came to the school and said we're not going to let our son play football? Instead all we heard was the injustice of why they couldn't play! Do they need to steal school property in order to deserve a suspension? The pity card of "young men needing guidance" is wearing thin. When you put on a school jersey, you are being chosen to represent your school. When the school is in Knox County... Dr McIntyre has every right to step in and make executive decisions that tarnish the image of Knox County Schools. Tarnish their image is exactly what ae was doing with their inability to do the right thing.

When the Farragut football player vandalized Bearden High school this year before the rivalry game, did Dr. McIntyre have to get involved in discipline? No... The student was dismissed from the team promptly. Much like Marshall's... this didn't happen on campus and it was not during school hours. What's sad is that I even have to defend the logical thing to do.

On to pryor and his fists of steal... I think all he has been given over the past couple of years is positive guidance, opportunity after opportunity, and obviously an immunity idol for tribal council. Last time I heard about "Where's Waldo?" you said he was no longer a student at ae. If mitchell really has his hands full at ae with this talented yet inexperienced group of young men, he wouldn't want the distraction and once again the negative light it puts on your program. Then again, maybe I've been around too many of Jody Wright's basketball teams throughout the years. He put's his team before the individual and mentors the young men he calls team. He preaches the value of integrity, being a representative of the school, and understanding that it is a privilege to wear the uniform.

Everyone would love to have a dominant 6'6" post player that can take over a game, however no one wants to bite into a shinny red apple if they know there is a worm inside. Turtle, if you had a bad diagnosis of cancer under your shell, I think you would go through radiation to get it removed... and that's what I suggest for mitchell. I'm not saying mitchell doesn't care about his team and I'm not saying he is a bad coach. All I'm saying is he also needs some coaching guidance that doesn't come from his administration team. mitchell might be what ae expects from a coach... but he's no Jody Wright when it comes to adversity.

Go Falcons!

Turtle,

Its a pretty big stretch to compare Michael Oher's situtuation in The Blind Side to that of T. Pryor. It's a great story of OVERCOMING a bad situation. Unfortunately most of us on here have only heard of all the T. Pryor problems (the technicals, chair tossing, window bashing , skipping school ,failing classes, etc). That is more like OVERLOOKING the bad situations not rising above them. There comes a point where you have to (or should ) draw the line. Could Coach Mitchell have overridden the administrators decision and simply said "No Thanks!" To utilize your movie analogies he could have gone the way of Norman Dale and just said "my team is on the floor" I'm sure the Principal and Administration didn't march Pryor into practice and say " You're taking this kid back and playing him no matter what"

Winning vs. Doing the right thing????

Photoman,

You make some great points. The Falcons have elected to deal with problems in a way that brings no shame to the program. Maybe it is that type discipline that has allowed them to be successful in the same environment that exists just a short distance to the east.

I don't think any kid should be tossed aside when there is any chance that the benefits of being on a team may help him. From a distance, I don't see that he has earned his way back onto the team. I don't think it is fair and just to place him on the team and immediately make him eligible much less a starter. What would have been wrong with making him practice for a while to prove that he deserves to be there? I wouldn't think that the kids that have done things the right way and worked hard to get to this point in the season would be very happy with this.

Also Turtle,

I don't like any references to The Blind side or Michael Oher....His team sent my beloved Irish home from the state tourney.

Ok, sense we want to bring up things from the past what happen to the Fulton players who were caught shoplifting in KY? Oh yeah, they were allowed to play in the 2nd half of the football game.. Yeah Yeah, it was the same situation that occurred but a different state come on now. Fulton isn't all that and then some like you all are putting them.. They had their "bad apples" as well. But most of the people who are Kicked off Fulton's team transfers to WEST.. Do we need to bring that up?

The Farragut players vandalize school property of course IMac will step in and do something there. The point i'm saying, the AE players thing happen on a Saturday at a Marshall's... Marshall's is not a SCHOOL or apart of SCHOOL PROPERTY... IMAC has no say so what these students do outside of school grounds. Like Coach Graham stated last year, "I can't watch these players 24-7" so Graham nor IMAC should've made that decision it was left up to the parents because they were in their hands... But that was last year so let it go!!!

Pryor didn't even play that much in the Carter game.. That's what I don't understand why is it such a big deal about him playing again? I mean come on now, just give him a chance. If he has another outburst then you have every right to talk bad about him but right now, he's back on the court and I'm standing behind hoping he prove you and the rest of Knox County Wrong.

I heard Lopez is back and applying for a hardship. If this is true and the reasoning behind it is true then I hope he gets it. The kid can't help what goes on with his Mom's job situation and he should get a chance to play ball. For Pryor it just makes Coach Mitchell look bad. He is better then that, and eventually he needs to cut the chord and let Baby Prior loose.

With that said, if both players are able to play and make it to tourney time, then they could easily jump up to the 2nd best team in the district.

this is not a good look for the AE community...telling the players that no matter how many times you mess up we're gonna give you another chance...i dont even know why the football situation was brought up in this post but it should have been handled by the coach/parents whether or not they played like it was with fhs..(ima fulton grad by the way)... there is no excuse for lettin pryor back on the team whatsoever unless you're just a weak coach who is more concerned with wins than actuall COACHING...IMO,and im not a coach,but if i were, he would have been done 2 years ago...i also heard that he threw a punch at one of the coaches in the locker room last year, dont know if its true but if so, what does that say about mitchell as a man?! SMH