TFCA All-State Class 5A Team

CoachT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people that are new to this will quickly realize that anything related to coaches will be tainted with favoritism. That includes who plays in the East/West game, the TN/KY border bash, and includes the selections for the TFCA's All State list. The more unbiased list for All State is the TSWA list. These sportswriters are statewide and don't have to pay dues to belong to a coaches organization and be subjected to the powers of one part of the state over the other. Much less if a coach refuses to join the association and subsequently his players are exempt of consideration regardless of their prowess during said season. In other words, the TWSA list is a more comprehensive, complete, and fair representation of the All State athletes in Tennessee. True to form, the TWSA should be the governing faction of the roster selection and coaches selection of the All Star games because the current method of selection is obviously biased. Currently, the coach is chosen first and then he chooses the athletes. Call it what you want but I have watched this arena for a few years now and each year it is the same bunk. So Yeah, it's the good ole' boys club. Twist it however you need to but my opinion is based on reality. You that are new just pay attention and you will see. Get a grip...there is corruption in officiating and if you haven't seen it then you are blind and there is corruption in the coaches organization and if you haven't seen it then you will. Yes, I still love HS football and yes I still believe in it but there are just some parts of it that don't wash. You have to take the good with the bad. Nothing is perfect.

I was going to ask why wasn't a couple more kids from TN High on there, but only picking this few leaves it that way. Gotta go deep in the playoffs for some. South didn't have one on there but I'd say it was because their beasts got hurt during the season.

FB, I feel what will hurt NET's 5A teams in the TSWA All State choosings is their lack of scheduling teams west of Morristown on their regular schedule. Obviously, Bradley Tallman should make the offensive team. I think scheduling will hurt Boones playmakers. Even though South had success against 3 Knoxville teams I feel the only TSWA All State candidate for them would be Ty Garvin. Ashton Zanoni will come so very close but I don't think he will make it. South's on again/off again status during the '09 campaign knocked out any other candidates. For '08 South's 4 TSWA All State recipients were game in/game out consistant playmakers that couldn't be ignored with POY status.

I was going to ask why wasn't a couple more kids from TN High on there, but only picking this few leaves it that way. Gotta go deep in the playoffs for some. South didn't have one on there but I'd say it was because their beasts got hurt during the season.

FB, I feel what will hurt NET's 5A teams in the TSWA All State choosings is their lack of scheduling teams west of Morristown on their regular schedule. Obviously, Bradley Tallman should make the offensive team. I think scheduling will hurt Boones playmakers. Even though South had success against 3 Knoxville teams I feel the only TSWA All State candidate for them would be Ty Garvin. Ashton Zanoni will come so very close but I don't think he will make it. South's on again/off again status during the '09 campaign knocked out any other candidates. For '08 South's 4 TSWA All State recipients were game in/game out consistant playmakers that couldn't be ignored with POY status.

Seymour is as far as we go, right next to Knoxville. You guys had West Knox but it wasn't that far away. As far as making noise, Boone had the more "state-wide" noise made in the second round beating TN High even vs you all beating us. As far as Boone players this year, there never was one outstanding standout playmaker, it was more of a balanced team, so I can understand that decisions. I'll google TSWA or has that list not come out yet?

I think the '08 TSWA All State Team was named on Dec.22 last year, so it should be coming out soon.

How does a team that goes to the 5A State Semi's , not have an all state-r on the team???? Have you seen the stats on some of these boys??

A fee IS required for membership in the TSWA.

Local representation on the TSWA team is dependant on local members of the TSWA pushing their players.

I am told there are very few NET members of the TSWA as organizations stopped paying the membership fees for the writers.

Same way with myself...I paid the fee with a personal check so I get to vote.

With a state finalist [Greeneville] and two semi-finalists [Elizabethton and Sullivan South] as well as outstanding seasons by Boone and THS, there should be some NET representation on the TSWA 3A, 4A and 5A teams.