State predictions anyone?

hrdcrwrestler

In reference to the post concerning Tyler Harvey. Sorry I haven't figured out how to copy and paste on this new laptop without a mouse. First of all Ethan Hames is the best wrestler at 119 in Tennessee and a class act. He came by in the bleachers and shook Tyler's hand after the match. Tyler was down 2-0 when he put Ethan on his back but it was ruled out of bounds. This was late in the match. Ethan scored his other 2 points late. I think Tyler earned the escape. Just my opinion. Tyler also has a large mat burn on his face because Ethan did a great job of controlling the match and spent a lot of time trying to flip Tyler on his back. Tyler took the mat burn but wouldn't turn. Tyler is 16-4 with 9 pins and his only losses are 2 to Ethan and 2 to Logan Vandergriff all by points. Logan also messed up Tyler's undefeated season in 8th grade in the season ending tournament. Tyler broke both his wrists between 8th and 9th grade and broke his ribs last year as a sophomore but still managed as a freshman to be 27-4 and win 5 tournaments as a JV wrestler. Tyler didn't start last year until January but faced an all star cast (Logan Biddy,Marvin Lopez,Zach Thomas,Grayson Mullin,Logan Vandergriff). He continued to wrestle even though his ribs still hurt. He had a chance to make it to state and was leading Grayson by 2 with under a minute left but he did what he normally does and shot. He wound up losing by points. My point is that Tyler would never stall and he is good enough to give anyone a good match but you probably don't know him as a person. He is a great person and respects every wrestler he faces so please don't say that he doesn't bring it every match.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Rock, I think Mick had you chasing the chicken a little to long.

I think Mr Balboa, what made my feelings show, is that a grown man from Baylor has the time to make statements about a family and child that are somewhat disparaging and just not correct.

First thing first , Tyler DID win his Region last year, and by the way Regions are tournaments that you wrestle in the MANS DIVISION to qualify for the State. So your statement about my Boy was not factual.

Then you implied that Lumberjack was one of Tylers parents, which would cast a ugly cloud over these two great parents.

Maybe Lumberjack has only witnessed a couple of matches and Tyler is the finest he has ever seen. Could I call your wife a liar if she said you were the best lover she has had in the last year, No because in her eyes maybe you are.

I will offer my hand in apology for the above average/average statement, unlike you , I wasted my above average priced education and my reading ,understanding skills are far inferior to yours.

Thank you so much for the comment on my weight, although I have lost about 10lbs, 141 will never be seen again. I will be at your match on the 30th, I'll see if Red Pants will let you throw me a couple of times.

bcb iii :D

Yo, Yo, Yo! i already caught the chicken along time ago!

statement about parents and other probable idenities of "lumberjack" was simply to say that someone who loves toon and therefore does not see thing clearly must have written the post in question. it was a stabb in the dark at the idenity of the poster not a personal slam on his parents. Counseling is helpful to those who see it any other way.

You may be Mr. BCB iii :D on the T but you are wrong about something un-kind being said. read my post again and again and i think you'll see this. However, i did miss a fact that he did win a region title last year which simply backs up my assessment of Toon, he is an above average wrestler. This is a compliment my friend (by the way-it was good having tea with you last month). The 141lb comment was not literal. It simply means you are skinny/ little and therefore would be easy to throw and it was said in jest. You are pickin a fight where there is none, but that is sort of how you operate. Again, your consumption of egg nog might have something to do with this. Baylor and it's wrestlers send their love to you and yours duing this christmas season.

p.s. Your wife is a nice lady. (had tea with her last month too)

About Tyler Toon:

Not my boyfriend, girlfriend or son. I just love watching an Owl that is a GREAT wrestler (A-1). Can he be beat - sure, who said he couldn't? He has lost already, of course. But man, he takes it to his opponents like no other heavier-weight (189+) wrestler that I have seen in, yes, many many years. I used to wrestle, gulp, 35 years ago, so I have just a bit of knowledge on this subject. Been watching ever since, approximately 3,000 matches (Jr. High, Varsity, College, Olympics) - and I am a big Owl fan. In addition, I did not say Croy was not great - just said that I want to see Toon beat him in a great match in the finals of the State. You cheer for your guy, I'll cheer for Toon. One more thing, it really does not matter what any wrestler did last year, last weekend, or last match. In February, we all want to see kids wrestle their hearts out. Both Croy and Toon are senoirs - let 'em leave their wrestling shoes at the circle at the end of the match - right? I'll clap for Croy if he wins - will you clap for Toon if he wins?

Yo Rock, I think Mick had you chasing the chicken a little to long.

I think Mr Balboa, what made my feelings show, is that a grown man from Baylor has the time to make statements about a family and child that are somewhat disparaging and just not correct.

First thing first , Tyler DID win his Region last year, and by the way Regions are tournaments that you wrestle in the MANS DIVISION to qualify for the State. So your statement about my Boy was not factual.

Then you implied that Lumberjack was one of Tylers parents, which would cast a ugly cloud over these two great parents.

Maybe Lumberjack has only witnessed a couple of matches and Tyler is the finest he has ever seen. Could I call your wife a liar if she said you were the best lover she has had in the last year, No because in her eyes maybe you are.

I will offer my hand in apology for the above average/average statement, unlike you , I wasted my above average priced education and my reading ,understanding skills are far inferior to yours.

Thank you so much for the comment on my weight, although I have lost about 10lbs, 141 will never be seen again. I will be at your match on the 30th, I'll see if Red Pants will let you throw me a couple of times.

Yo, Yo, Yo! i already caught the chicken along time ago!

statement about parents and other probable idenities of "lumberjack" was simply to say that someone who loves toon and therefore does not see thing clearly must have written the post in question. it was a stabb in the dark at the idenity of the poster not a personal slam on his parents. Counseling is helpful to those who see it any other way.

You may be Mr. BCB iii :wacko: on the T but you are wrong about something un-kind being said. read my post again and again and i think you'll see this. However, i did miss a fact that he did win a region title last year which simply backs up my assessment of Toon, he is an above average wrestler. This is a compliment my friend (by the way-it was good having tea with you last month). The 141lb comment was not literal. It simply means you are skinny/ little and therefore would be easy to throw and it was said in jest. You are pickin a fight where there is none, but that is sort of how you operate. Again, your consumption of egg nog might have something to do with this. Baylor and it's wrestlers send their love to you and yours duing this christmas season.

p.s. Your wife is a nice lady. (had tea with her last month too)

My bad Rock, it's that time of the month for me ( NO MONEY )

I admit that i am slightly emotional when it comes to certain rasslers, and Tyler is one of them. I tend to think I am smarter than I really am, thinking I know the hidden meaning behind some post.

Hope the red legging boys heal and my heart goes out to Trey Stavrum.

About Tyler Toon:

Not my boyfriend, girlfriend or son. I just love watching an Owl that is a GREAT wrestler (A-1). Can he be beat - sure, who said he couldn't? He has lost already, of course. But man, he takes it to his opponents like no other heavier-weight (189+) wrestler that I have seen in, yes, many many years. I used to wrestle, gulp, 35 years ago, so I have just a bit of knowledge on this subject. Been watching ever since, approximately 3,000 matches (Jr. High, Varsity, College, Olympics) - and I am a big Owl fan. In addition, I did not say Croy was not great - just said that I want to see Toon beat him in a great match in the finals of the State. You cheer for your guy, I'll cheer for Toon. One more thing, it really does not matter what any wrestler did last year, last weekend, or last match. In February, we all want to see kids wrestle their hearts out. Both Croy and Toon are senoirs - let 'em leave their wrestling shoes at the circle at the end of the match - right? I'll clap for Croy if he wins - will you clap for Toon if he wins?

glad to know your not kin. i'm sure you meant well, but you tend to overstate some things in your man crush on toon. and let me say, he should do well this year and i hope he does and i will clap for him, no doubt. but i'll still say you ain't seen alot of wrestling in TN if toon is your guy "who goes after opponents like no other heavier weight (189+) wrestler that i have seen in, yes, many, many years" or your wrestling eyes are a little off.

Just a few big boys in the last three years who really did get after it THAT SHOULD STAND OUT : Croy-Brentwood, Kennedy-Blackman, Patton-Blackman, Wolfe-Ravenwood, Flynn-ND (BCB iii will like this), Roberson-soddy, lettner-soddy,Coffey-Cen. There are others, but these guys were/are the best who went after opponents like no other heavier weights in the state of TN in the last few years.

And these names above show just what i said, you over stated what you were trying to say!

Good luck to you and to your favorites in Feb!

Man, that's funny. Because I'm sure this topic was "state predictions anyone?" not let's all argue about Tyler. Everyone loses. Its life, it happens. The only way we will tell, is come state. That's it. If he is the best or not, he'll prove it then. That's it! We said state predictions now, not argue about Tyler. We can all quit being immature about it. State predictions!!! Not everyone hate/love on Tyler. Leave the kid alone now!

• 2 weeks later...

State Final Predictions (Scenario I)

103 lbs

Alex Elsea (McCallie) vs Cody Frazier (Purple)

112 lbs

Alex Ward (McCallie) vs Cole Mosley (Purple)

119 lbs

Zach Watson (Baylor) vs Carlos Calloway (BA)

125 lbs

Mark Marchetti (Purple) vs Kaleb Baker (CBHS)

130 lbs

Daniel Baucke (CBHS) vs Alex Manley (Purple)

135 lbs

Alex Johnson (CBHS) vs Cole Hayes (Baylor)

140 lbs

Zach Johnson (CBHS) vs Michael Hooker (McCallie) or Stuart Doster (Baylor)

145 lbs

Houston Clements (McCallie) vs Trey Stavrum (Baylor)

152 lbs

TJ Duncan (McCallie) vs Chris Agnew (Purple)

160 lbs

Chase Martino (McCallie) vs Adam Shufford (Baylor)

171 lbs

Wes Wesley (Father Ryan) vs Justin Moore (BA)

189 lbs

Will Mix (Father Ryan) vs Mac Ferguson (Baylor)

215 lbs

John "Big Mack" Mackey (Baylor) vs Cory "Don't Cross Me" Norcross (Father Ryan)

State Final Predictions (Scenario II) Just passing time at the office and putting together hypotheticals if some kids in the lower weights were to shift down. Assuming that they could of course.

112 lbs

Alex Ward (McCallie) vs Carlos Calloway (BA)

119 lbs

Zach Watson (Baylor) vs Tim Westbrooks (McCallie)

125 lbs

Mark Marchetti (Purple) vs Alex Manley (Purple)

130 lbs

Daniel Baucke (CBHS) vs Dylan Wright (Purple)

103 lbs

112 lbs

119 lbs

125 lbs

130 lbs

135 lbs

140 lbs

145 lbs

152 lbs

160 lbs

171 lbs

189 lbs

215 lbs

State Final Predictions (Scenario II) Just passing time at the office and putting together hypotheticals if some kids in the lower weights were to shift down. Assuming that they could of course.

112 lbs

119 lbs

125 lbs

130 lbs

If I were you I would wait until a new set of rankings come out given a lot of weight moves and line-up changes for certain schools. There are several in there that are highly unlikely!

103 lbs

112 lbs

119 lbs

125 lbs

130 lbs

135 lbs

140 lbs

145 lbs

152 lbs

160 lbs

171 lbs

189 lbs

215 lbs

112 lbs

119 lbs

125 lbs

130 lbs

If I were you I would wait until a new set of rankings come out given a lot of weight moves and line-up changes for certain schools. There are several in there that are highly unlikely!

When do the rankings come out?

Alright I will give out my finals matches:

103: M Akers (Father Ryan) vs. A Elsea (McCallie)

112: C Mosely (Father Ryan) vs. A Ward (McCallie)

119: Z Warson (Baylor) vs. T Westbrooks (McCallie)

125: M Marchetti (Father Ryan) vs. A Manley (Baylor)

130: D Bauke (CBHS) vs. D Wright (Father Ryan)

135: C Hayes (Baylor) vs. A Johnson (CBHS)

140: M Hooker (McCallie) vs. S Doster (Baylor) *Watch Z Johnson (CBHS) as well

145: A Benito (Father Ryan) vs. H Clements (McCallie)

152: C Agnew (Father Ryan) vs. Duncan (McCallie)

160: D Todd (MBA) vs. C Martino (McCallie)

171: W Wesley (Father Ryan) vs. B Thomas (CBHS)

189: D Helton (Baylor) vs. W Mix (Father Ryan)

215: C Norcross (Father Ryan) vs. J Mackey (Baylor)

HWT: R Fisher (Father Ryan) vs. B Gouger (Baylor)

*I am counting on the 215 and hwt from ryan to be in the finals whichever weightclass they are at.

Final Count: Father Ryan: 10 (Perhaps too many but not way out there, I hope :roflolk: )

McCallie: 7

Baylor: 7

CBHS: 3 Including Johnson

MBA: 1

Well Here thay are

When do the rankings come out?

With any luck tonight. I am just waiting on the updated DI rankings so I can post.