Martin Lions Club Tournament @ Westview

GCPioneer

Monday Dec. 28th

Union City vs. Madison, 10 a.m.

Dyer County vs. Dresden, 1 p.m.

Obion County vs. Hickman County (Ky.), 4 p.m.

Westview vs. South Fulton, 7 p.m.

Tuesday Dec. 29th

Obion Co./Hickman Co.(Ky.) loser vs. Dyer Co./Dresden loser, 10 a.m.

Westview/S. Fulton loser vs. Union City/Madison loser, 1 p.m.

Obion Co./Hickman Co.(Ky.) winner vs. Dyer Co./Dresden winner, 4 p.m.

Westview/S. Fulton winner vs. Union City/Madison winner, 7 p.m.

Wednesday Dec. 30th

Seventh place, 10 a.m.

Fifth place, 1 p.m.

Third place, 4 p.m.

Championship, 7 p.m.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday Dec. 28th

Union City vs. Madison, 10 a.m. - Madison won

Dyer County vs. Dresden, 1 p.m. - Dyer Co. won

Obion County vs. Hickman County (Ky.), 4 p.m. - Obion Co. won

Westview vs. South Fulton, 7 p.m. - Westview won

Tuesday Dec. 29th

Hickman Co.(Ky.) vs. Dresden, 10 a.m.

S. Fulton vs. Union City, 1 p.m.

Obion Co. vs. Dyer Co., 4 p.m.

Westview vs. Madison winner, 7 p.m.

Wednesday Dec. 30th

Seventh place, 10 a.m.

Fifth place, 1 p.m.

Third place, 4 p.m.

Championship, 7 p.m.

not surprised by the Westview vs Obion Co final at 7pm tomorrow, but surprised by the point differentials

Westview will be anxious to redeem the 25 point defeat to Obion Co last week in what amounts to a non-district game between district opponents - I look for it to be a nail-biter as our girls will not let down on their home court

I am away for the holidays so can't comment on how the Lions Club games went but just going by scores mustve been impressive:

Westview smokes last year's Class A silver-ball winner Madison by 30 (Madison have a bad night? - Westview starting to prepare for another state tourney run? - and/or is the A to AA talent gap simply getting larger?)

Obion beats a 10-2 triple-A team Dyer Co. by 34 (Coaching change at Dyer Co not what people thought i.e. DC girls glad to be in AAA where their record looks better than they really are? - and/or Obion continuing to put up Gibson-County-like margin-of-victory streak over good teams since Gibson loss a sign of steady improvement?

also, Liberty over single-A state qualifier Lake Co and AAA powerhouse Northside this week (Liberty or Bolivar or another 14AA team ready to upset the 13AA apple cart in region play?)

and we haven't even mentioned the unparalleled Lady Pioneers who are a step (or three) above these teams

shouldn't be any doubt that double-A basketball is still king in West TN

not surprised by the Westview vs Obion Co final at 7pm tomorrow, but surprised by the point differentials

Westview will be anxious to redeem the 25 point defeat to Obion Co last week in what amounts to a non-district game between district opponents - I look for it to be a nail-biter as our girls will not let down on their home court

I am away for the holidays so can't comment on how the Lions Club games went but just going by scores mustve been impressive:

Westview smokes last year's Class A silver-ball winner Madison by 30 (Madison have a bad night? - Westview starting to prepare for another state tourney run? - and/or is the A to AA talent gap simply getting larger?)

Obion beats a 10-2 triple-A team Dyer Co. by 34 (Coaching change at Dyer Co not what people thought i.e. DC girls glad to be in AAA where their record looks better than they really are? - and/or Obion continuing to put up Gibson-County-like margin-of-victory streak over good teams since Gibson loss a sign of steady improvement?

also, Liberty over single-A state qualifier Lake Co and AAA powerhouse Northside this week (Liberty or Bolivar or another 14AA team ready to upset the 13AA apple cart in region play?)

and we haven't even mentioned the unparalleled Lady Pioneers who are a step (or three) above these teams

shouldn't be any doubt that double-A basketball is still king in West TN

I went to the Dyersburg tournament today. I must admit, Liberty is playing some good basketball right now. I really thought North Side would beat Liberty by about 10 points, but Liberty pulled it out in the end. Bolivar and Liberty are both very dangerous teams for any of the 13AA teams. Those 2 14AA schools have something that the 13AA schools don't have and that's athleticism in the 1-5 spots on the floor!

I went to the Dyersburg tournament today. I must admit, Liberty is playing some good basketball right now. I really thought North Side would beat Liberty by about 10 points, but Liberty pulled it out in the end. Bolivar and Liberty are both very dangerous teams for any of the 13AA teams. Those 2 14AA schools have something that the 13AA schools don't have and that's athleticism in the 1-5 spots on the floor!

I agree totally - when the Northside game began I thought they would win but that didn't happen.

I also agree with the athleticism of the 14AA schools. However, I thought there was no way Poplar Bluff or Dyersburg could have defended the Liberty inside game to win the championship of the tournament but PBluff won by 5 or so. Didn't see the championship game so I don't know how either team played, but if Poplar Bluff defeated Liberty - it makes me think the 13AA teams should be able to do it also. Haven't seen Bolivar play, so I don't know about them. Should be a great region tourney!!