Best 8th graders in the Middle TN area??

BigENS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

there was an elementary team out of Crossville that gave Ensworth 9th and Brentwood Academy 9th all they wanted in Franklin a couple of weeks ago. They had 7th and 8th graders on their team

School in Crossville is South Cumberland Elementary (K-8). Gage Spence is their best 8th Grader, 6'1" to 6'2" - very smooth player - scores when he wants, almost passes too much, he can dunk on an alley. Cade Smith, is the better 7th Grader, good shooter - should be factor next year. Great coaches, principle takes them on the summer travel circuit, winter coach is Randy Herrin - big focus on defense. Recently lost to Waverly at the James C Haile tournment by 10-12; Waverly went on to win. Waverly is very strong and big.

If anybody know this kid have him get intouch with coach L.A Boyd 865-360-1125. If he interest in playing basketball and truly developing his skill as a player.

I now this kid he is very raw can be boxed out by a 3 ft. kid great parents, great kid but the rawest ball player I have seen in AAU. He played a few games for us and we was just way over his level at the time but he can be good if his parents will leave him on a team. Even at 6'6 he need a lot of work.

I have no problem when it come to developing players and if you can talk to his parents. Have them to call me 865-521-9183 or email at laboydballers@yahoo.com. I will be having try-out this weekend and maybe they can come by.

There is some very good AAU player in Chattanooga there Gage Upshaw 7th grader, James Rutledge 8th grader to great big man, Jordan Long 7th grade, Mac Brower, 7th grade two of the best P/G /S/G in this city. Gage is well coach by his father and Mac dad and a very hard worker. James is one of the best player in the state can score at will but a little lazy at time and very well coach by his God dad which is Jordans father. If the 4 guys was on the same team it would be nasty. Gage is good for 20 pts.and 10 rebounds and James could put up as much as he wants, Jordan can shot anywhere on the court after half court and great passer, Mac is like Jordan not as much range but is a complete player. There a few others also but if you can get these guys you will have a team you can take to the national and put it on some boys. IMO.