2010 Is Here....District 14 A

Purple & Gold Standard

O.K.

2010 is here and the district season starts Monday.....

This district has been been dominated by the Big 3 (Union City, Humboldt and Lake County) since 2005...The district has two state championships and some more state tournament appearances by Humboldt...Lake County has had one of the best programs in the state in that time period as well but just hasn't been able to get out of West Tennessee...Lake County could have beaten many teams that played in the state tourney since 2005...

So how does it play out this season ??...Last year Humboldt and Lake County were the sub-state teams out of this district...Both had their season ended by Manassas...

Looking at the first half of the season you have Lake County at 13-5 (?) and 4-0 in district play....The Falcons have beaten Humboldt...They lost to Union City although it didn't count in district action...LC has played a good schedule...They played all during the break and challenged themselves....I had them the favorite to win the regular season title....

Humboldt is 10-3 and 4-1 in district play...They are still a very good team...They have beaten Union City in Humboldt but lost to Lake County...I had them at #2 in the district....

Union City is 9-8 and 3-1 in district play....They will make up a district game with Bradford Monday..The game was postponed due to the fact the football Tornadoes were playing in a state championship game...UC has played 17 games this season....They have played a whopping ONE game at home...That was a game with Obion Central in which they won...The Tornadoes have played a pretty brutal schedule early on with an inexperienced team...They have games with Dyer County and Southwind under their belts...Here's a closer look at the Kentucky teams they have played...Graves County is a school of over 1600 students who made the Sweet 16 last season...They are 11-2 and coming off a tournament championship in Florida...Heath (wins over both UC and LC) is 11-3 with a second place finish to Graves County in The TimePiece Classic...Perry County is 7-2..Elliott County is 10-4 with a real good 6'8" player by the name of Timmy Knipp...The other KY teams were not as good..Caverna (1-10), Central Hardin (3-9) and Murray (4-6) were those teams....I had the Tornadoes at #3 in the district...

Who comes in 4th ??....I would have to say either Halls or Peabody....

Let the fun begin... :thumb:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so full of yourself. Every post you make reminds us how good Union City is or how good purple & gold is. You dont know half of what you think you do. Now all of a sudden your on the Lake County bandwagon now that Union City has a losing record. Thats a real fan. You are a joke.

O.K.

2010 is here and the district season starts Monday.....

This district has been been dominated by the Big 3 (Union City, Humboldt and Lake County) since 2005...The district has two state championships and some more state tournament appearances by Humboldt...Lake County has had one of the best programs in the state in that time period as well but just hasn't been able to get out of West Tennessee...Lake County could have beaten many teams that played in the state tourney since 2005...

So how does it play out this season ??...Last year Humboldt and Lake County were the sub-state teams out of this district...Both had their season ended by Manassas...

Looking at the first half of the season you have Lake County at 13-5 (?) and 4-0 in district play....The Falcons have beaten Humboldt...They lost to Union City although it didn't count in district action...LC has played a good schedule...They played all during the break and challenged themselves....I had them the favorite to win the regular season title....

Humboldt is 10-3 and 4-1 in district play...They are still a very good team...They have beaten Union City in Humboldt but lost to Lake County...I had them at #2 in the district....

Union City is 9-8 and 3-1 in district play....They will make up a district game with Bradford Monday..The game was postponed due to the fact the football Tornadoes were playing in a state championship game...UC has played 17 games this season....They have played a whopping ONE game at home...That was a game with Obion Central in which they won...The Tornadoes have played a pretty brutal schedule early on with an inexperienced team...They have games with Dyer County and Southwind under their belts...Here's a closer look at the Kentucky teams they have played...Graves County is a school of over 1600 students who made the Sweet 16 last season...They are 11-2 and coming off a tournament championship in Florida...Heath (wins over both UC and LC) is 11-3 with a second place finish to Graves County in The TimePiece Classic...Perry County is 7-2..Elliott County is 10-4 with a real good 6'8" player by the name of Timmy Knipp...The other KY teams were not as good..Caverna (1-10), Central Hardin (3-9) and Murray (4-6) were those teams....I had the Tornadoes at #3 in the district...

Who comes in 4th ??....I would have to say either Halls or Peabody....

Let the fun begin... :thumb:

Dont whine about playing a large school like Graves Co. That never seems to be mentioned when uc ( city of over 10,000 play the likes of Gleason and Greenfield with a population barely over 1000 folks) play.

purple & gold is the all time whiner on coach t. I have never seen him say I was wrong about anything but he is the biggest bragger on coach t. He llikes to play both sides of the fence, whatever favors him and his beloved Union City.

I have to agree with you rockytop but thats the way uc folks are whine when they lose and brag and beat their chest especially when they can play a small school like gleason or greenfield and win dry.gif

purple & gold is the all time whiner on coach t. I have never seen him say I was wrong about anything but he is the biggest bragger on coach t. He llikes to play both sides of the fence, whatever favors him and his beloved Union City.

I have to agree with you rockytop but thats the way uc folks are whine when they lose and brag and beat their chest especially when they can play a small school like gleason or greenfield and win dry.gif

rf...You are new..So...Let's get this straight....I have NEVER "bragged" about UC beating Greenfield or Gleason ... I don't consider it an accomplishment ... You will see me brag about beating a Humboldt or Lake County because they are actual competition ... If posting a box score of a game against one of those is bragging,well, then so be it...

By the way, who do you and your buddy support ??

You are so full of yourself. Every post you make reminds us how good Union City is or how good purple & gold is. You dont know half of what you think you do. Now all of a sudden your on the Lake County bandwagon now that Union City has a losing record. Thats a real fan. You are a joke.

You have lost your mind if you think I'm on any Lake County bandwagon....Respect them ??.. Yes...Pull for them when UC is completely out of the picture ??..Yes

Announcements