2010 Is Here....District 14 A

Purple & Gold Standard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Purple, seems like you have made some new enemies, unless someone is using aliases as you suspect. Never a dull moment when you are involved Purple. Do you like that, hate it, revel in it, or couldn't care less. I think I know your answer but enlighten me anyway.

The answer is "D"....The alias thing may be a valid observation...

Although I do find it kind of amusing..... :thumb:

The intent of the original post was to get feedback on the second half of the season...I would like to partake of the knowledge of the district from my two new friends if they have any....I don't get the other garbage.... :thumb:

Dang Purple..You really started the new year off with a bang..Getting people mad at you..lol..I believe Humboldt,Union City, and Lake Co will battle for the top three spots followed by Trenton or Halls for the 4th spot as well..I haven't seen Trenton yet so I can't say about them..Lake Co has been playing pretty good basketball lately winning about 10 of 11 games before the loss to Union City in a game that could have went either way..Lake Co played pretty good in that game..But I also noticed that Lake Co went 3-1 in the tournament in Carbondale Ill..So..they looked like they played pretty good ball in that tournament as I noticed Memphis East was in that tournament and I thought had a chance or would win the tournament..I saw that Memphis East had beaten Manassas and B.T.W. during the regular season and lost by only 3 points to Joe Jackson and White Station and also lost by 19 points ,to Memphis Melrose..But Melrose is ranked in the top 10 in the nation in several polls and have beaten most everyone by 40 points ..so by looking at the scores from those games ..I thought they had a great chance to win..Then I saw that Memphis East lost to Gateway Institute of Technology MO by 1 point and to Bartlett by 10 points..That same Gateway Ins. also beat White house by 14 points..Lake Co played Gateway Inst. the day after they had beaten Memphis East and Lake Co won by 5 points..So..Lake Co must have played pretty well and just shows again..that doesnt mater how a team does against someone else.!

You are so full of yourself. Every post you make reminds us how good Union City is or how good purple & gold is. You dont know half of what you think you do. Now all of a sudden your on the Lake County bandwagon now that Union City has a losing record. Thats a real fan. You are a joke.

At least P&G knows who is good and who the pretenders are. I think you might need to go back and review your basic math - UC does not have a losing record in total games or in district - UC is 9-8 overall and 3-1 in district. (both are winning records according to good old UC education, maybe not in your area where excuses, whiners, school enrollment, and "moral victories" give you a sense of entitlement)

Top 3 teams in 14a - Lake County, Humboldt, Union City. All others are wanna be's until proven otherwise.

You are so full of yourself. Every post you make reminds us how good Union City is or how good purple & gold is. You dont know half of what you think you do. Now all of a sudden your on the Lake County bandwagon now that Union City has a losing record. Thats a real fan. You are a joke.

At least P&G knows who is good and who the pretenders are. I think you might need to go back and review your basic math - UC does not have a losing record in total games or in district - UC is 9-8 overall and 3-1 in district. (both are winning records according to good old UC education, maybe not in your area where excuses, whiners, school enrollment, and "moral victories" give you a sense of entitlement)

Top 3 teams in 14a - Lake County, Humboldt, Union City. All others are wanna be's until proven otherwise.

same goes to rf9633

purple & gold where are all your union city buddies now. you are all alone on the board now that your mighty tornadoes are losing. what next, will there be a moving van in front of your shady coachs house? union city, class a, losing record sounds good to me. Greenfield or Gleason may beat them this year. the ship is sinking, jump ship and swim to lake county and be a winner. the sisco ship is sinking.

purple & gold where are all your union city buddies now. you are all alone on the board now that your mighty tornadoes are losing. what next, will there be a moving van in front of your shady coachs house? union city, class a, losing record sounds good to me. Greenfield or Gleason may beat them this year. the ship is sinking, jump ship and swim to lake county and be a winner. the sisco ship is sinking.

Hmmm..... do I sense jealousy on behalf of a Tator town fan?

It'll be a big mistake to count Union City out come tournament time..They may be up and down this year ,I really dont know..but I've seen them in 4 games this year..against Humboldt..against Heath Ky and against Dyer Co and Lake Co..Union City played great in the Dyer Co game and played very well against Lake Co..I sure hope Lake co doesn't have to play them in a loser go home game..Would rather see them and Humboldt square off in a game like that..Take our chances with someone else..Wouldn't mind playing them for the region crown..Again..this team could be dangerous come tourney time.!

its so funny, where are the arrogant union city fans now. i was told that purple & gold was seen wearing a green lake county jersey over his union city sweatshirt at walmart today mumbling go falcons.

Who's looking arrogant now. Oh yea, thanks for shopping at our UC Walmart today. Last time we played Lake County we actually beat them in the Christmas tournament. Again, as always, the best in 14a are Lake County, Humboldt, and UC. All others are wannabe's until proven otherwise.

its so funny, where are the arrogant union city fans now. i was told that purple & gold was seen wearing a green lake county jersey over his union city sweatshirt at walmart today mumbling go falcons.

Again, as always, the best in 14a are Lake County, Humboldt, and UC. All others are wannabe's until proven otherwise.

sounds like you have given up as well atlas. you know only two teams make it out of the region and even you are admitting union city is the third team in the district. you better get you a green shirt and jump on the bandwagon like purple & gold. i never would have thought that id see this two years ago when so many of those arragant union city fans were bragging about mj and those mighty cyclones. where are they now that union city is losing in single a.

Hey Purple, seems like you have made some new enemies, unless someone is using aliases as you suspect. Never a dull moment when you are involved Purple. Do you like that, hate it, revel in it, or couldn't care less. I think I know your answer but enlighten me anyway.

The answer is "D"....The alias thing may be a valid observation...

Although I do find it kind of amusing..... :o

The intent of the original post was to get feedback on the second half of the season...I would like to partake of the knowledge of the district from my two new friends if they have any....I don't get the other garbage.... :o

Well I have to say since I have been working 2nd shift I have been to only 3 games this year, and the competition was not very good though one of those games went into overtime. See if you can explain that one Purple. I think you could make an educated guess on that one....I knew the answer would be D. I felt like these people don't get to you. I think I cracked that armor one time a very long time ago. That was not my intention at that time, I was just trying to make a point. As I recall i remember writing you a long reply apologizing to you. It didn't go through, one of those well known coacht glitches. I didn't have the energy to rewrite it so I just left it there. Just one of those things where we would have to agree to disagree. I think you know what I am talking about. You have grown on me, sort of like moss on a cypress tree in Reelfoot lake. You are the moss and I am the majestic tree......so don't get it twisted!..... :o

Announcements