2010 Is Here....District 14 A

Purple & Gold Standard

From The Thunderdome...Home of the 5-Time State Champion Union City Golden Tornadoes....

Bradford Red Devils......4.......17......10.......9 = 40

Union City Tornadoes...18......26......22......18 = 84

Union City Scoring....

J.Battee - 16 pts

L.Allen - 13 pts

P.Mosley - 12 pts

K.Warren - 9 pts

A.Cox - 9 pts

K.J Brooks - 7 pts

G.Victory - 6 pts

R.Smith - 5 pts

C.Boucher - 3 pts

R.Gaston - 2 pts

Dickerson - 2 pts

The Golden Tornadoes, playing only their second home game of the season, methodically destroyed an overmatched, out-coached and out-manned Red Devil squad tonight in Union City....Union City, who know holds an 11-0 advantage over Bradford since the Tornado dip into single A action in 2005-06, ran out to an insurmountable 18-4 first quarter lead behind the scoring of Josh Battee and Peyton Mosley...UC had a 44-21 halftime lead before coming out of the gate in the third quarter by putting their foot on the throats of the Devils with a 9-0 run that put the game completely out of reach....UC coach Shane Sisco then emptied his bench with about 4 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter and the subs spread the lead to the final 44 point margin...Union City has averaged beating the Devils by 32.1 ppg in the 10 prior games to tonight's outing...Union City's 44 point win more than covered that dubious spread...This game was the make-up date from early December when the Golden Tornadoes football team was playing in and winning the State Championship over the heavily favored South Pittsburg Pirates....Union City runs it's record to 10-8 with a 4-1 record in District 14A action...

**This game recap was written especially for rf9633 and his partner rockytop16...Guys, this is an example of a dancing in the end zone, taking my helmet off, me..me..me post....This is NOT the way I post...There may have been some like this in my 7000 + posts but never when Union City has played a Bradford, Greenfield or Gleason...To the fine Bradford fans out there, I'd like to apologize for this snobbish, stuck-up post**

this is a typical purple & gold post. you make me sick. you are a jerk.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for rocky's partner in 3...2....1.....

P&G im sure your probably a nice guy,im not into name calling like some are .Iguess im just old school when it comes to boasting and bragging i just have never thought it showed class.Maybe you dont brag and boast as much as some i know, its just that its hard for a small school to struggled from one fund raiser after another just to get by and then listen to we have the best field ,we have a indoor practice field or we have a customized big rig we got this and we have that. I dont know what kind of car you drive but odds are its not a rolls royce but say your neighbor did have one and you drove a Ford Pinto and everyday he drives by your house blowing his horn and yelling to you hey you see my car . How long would it take for you to get tired of it? even if he was a nice guy. As for your Bradford game recap i expect it to be pretty close to what the Messenger will print tommorrow as always

P&G im sure your probably a nice guy,im not into name calling like some are .Iguess im just old school when it comes to boasting and bragging i just have never thought it showed class.Maybe you dont brag and boast as much as some i know, its just that its hard for a small school to struggled from one fund raiser after another just to get by and then listen to we have the best field ,we have a indoor practice field or we have a customized big rig we got this and we have that. I dont know what kind of car you drive but odds are its not a rolls royce but say your neighbor did have one and you drove a Ford Pinto and everyday he drives by your house blowing his horn and yelling to you hey you see my car . How long would it take for you to get tired of it? even if he was a nice guy. As for your Bradford game recap i expect it to be pretty close to what the Messenger will print tommorrow as always

I guess I'm actually one of the few that feel good about people making it...I'm not at all jealous of people who live in big houses or drive nice cars....It doesn't bother me...

I like the programs around the state that win state championships and do it regularly...The Alcoa's and Maryville's of the state don't bother me...Those guys brag about their programs as well...Doesn't bother me in the least...

What bothers me the most is the people that make excuses why they don't win....What is Lake County's excuse why they compete in sports ??...They are a small school...What is South Pittsburg's excuse??...They have one of the premier football programs in the state...They are a school about the same size as Lake County...

Bradford fans don't cry about school size...South Fulton fans don't cry about school size...Go look at the numbers from last years 10 team district...Union City had the 4th or 5th largest enrollment...Nobody from Union City was crying about the fact the last two years they were in AA they were playing with a A enrollment....If you do a quick study, about the only fans on this website that continually cry about school size is Gleason and Greenfield....I know you guys are small...I get it...You guys would be small if you were in a classification with a ceiling of 200 though..Instead of bellyaching and running down the bigger schools, how about you folks get together and get your administration to hire some coaches that will do whatever it take to compete....

There is a real good way not to read my posts....Don't read them.... :thumb:

I'm sure you are a good guy to but the constant put downs get a lot older a lot quicker than the neighbor with the Rolls honking at me and my Pinto.... :thumb:

How about us talk about basketball instead of school size...It's really an old, tired subject...

how many jabs did purple & gold take at the small schools in the one post? how many greats did he refer to in one post about union city. no, i dont know purple but hes got to be shane the great sisco.

beavo no comment on you. you must be the assistant coach to be defending sisco.

how many jabs did purple & gold take at the small schools in the one post? how many greats did he refer to in one post about union city. no, i dont know purple but hes got to be shane the great sisco.

I like P&G and I don't wanna get in the middle of this but i have no clue why Beavo is even in this. Is there not a Dyer County Thread that u can post on. And where is Adsmom?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? He two cents havent been throw around here in a long while.

How did you know? Man this guy is a genius!!! Not really! :thumb: 007 welcome to the party! :thumb:

I guess I'm actually one of the few that feel good about people making it...I'm not at all jealous of people who live in big houses or drive nice cars....It doesn't bother me...

I like the programs around the state that win state championships and do it regularly...The Alcoa's and Maryville's of the state don't bother me...Those guys brag about their programs as well...Doesn't bother me in the least...

What bothers me the most is the people that make excuses why they don't win....What is Lake County's excuse why they compete in sports ??...They are a small school...What is South Pittsburg's excuse??...They have one of the premier football programs in the state...They are a school about the same size as Lake County...

Bradford fans don't cry about school size...South Fulton fans don't cry about school size...Go look at the numbers from last years 10 team district...Union City had the 4th or 5th largest enrollment...Nobody from Union City was crying about the fact the last two years they were in AA they were playing with a A enrollment....If you do a quick study, about the only fans on this website that continually cry about school size is Gleason and Greenfield....I know you guys are small...I get it...You guys would be small if you were in a classification with a ceiling of 200 though..Instead of bellyaching and running down the bigger schools, how about you folks get together and get your administration to hire some coaches that will do whatever it take to compete....

There is a real good way not to read my posts....Don't read them.... :)

I'm sure you are a good guy to but the constant put downs get a lot older a lot quicker than the neighbor with the Rolls honking at me and my Pinto.... :)

How about us talk about basketball instead of school size...It's really an old, tired subject...

Sure you like Alcoa and Maryville,s programs because you dont have them pounding you every week you might sing a different tune then. Did you like Milans program when they were beating the tar out of you every year? :) Greenfield and Gleason are only mentioned as examples of small schools, i have talked to many people from Bradford , South Fulton and many other school that share the same opinion. Just because they dont post their thoughts on here does not mean that they dont think the same thing, your not that naive are you? :D Giant egos are plentiful in UC. Oh guess i better be careful about what i say or Bevo might send the UC sports mafia to see me :)

Sure you like Alcoa and Maryville,s programs because you dont have them pounding you every week you might sing a different tune then. Did you like Milans program when they were beating the tar out of you every year? :) Greenfield and Gleason are only mentioned as examples of small schools, i have talked to many people from Bradford , South Fulton and many other school that share the same opinion. Just because they dont post their thoughts on here does not mean that they dont think the same thing, your not that naive are you? :) Giant egos are plentiful in UC. Oh guess i better be careful about what i say or Bevo might send the UC sports mafia to see me :D

Go UC. The beatings will continue until moral improves. You want something better for you school. Go out there and make it happen, just like we at UC have done. We just don't whine about things, we make things happen. You want a good football, basketball, baseball, track, band teams and facilities? Go out there and get it done just like we did. On this thread, we talk about 14a basketball. You have any insight or comments about your home teams...enlighten us with more of your wisdom, not whining.

Announcements