12aa/region6 predictions/ top players to watch

40n81

This year East Hickman will be under a new Coach. He is from Texas and has Coached High School and JUCO for 20 something years. He seems to be extreemly knowledgeable of the game. The kids like him, but I dont expect big things from the Eagles this year,based simply on lack of participation. 3 Seniors as far as I have seen are playing, 3 Juniors,3 sophmores and a bunch of Freshmen. If he can keep his Freshman group together and they do not drift off into other things, they should do well in a few years. I can only hope for the Seniors sake they have a decent season, since these kids have played on the very first Middle School team in Hickman county they have had a different Coach, this is the 6th coach they will have thru School ball. Kind of a rough way to go. The Coach is Steve Spatts this year, and he is starting off on the right foot. If he stays , he will definetly help the team get going.

Good Luck this year, if the coach is good you better hang on to him. Turnover is never good. :roll:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so too, but for some reason in the Hickman County school system,they tend to run off good Coaches. I really like the Coach we have this year, I think if given a chance, he can make good things happen for our program. But after what they did to Coach Britt, and Coach Jones (football) it sickens me, who knows what they will do to this Coach.

This year East Hickman will be under a new Coach. He is from Texas and has Coached High School and JUCO for 20 something years. He seems to be extreemly knowledgeable of the game. The kids like him, but I dont expect big things from the Eagles this year,based simply on lack of participation. 3 Seniors as far as I have seen are playing, 3 Juniors,3 sophmores and a bunch of Freshmen. If he can keep his Freshman group together and they do not drift off into other things, they should do well in a few years. I can only hope for the Seniors sake they have a decent season, since these kids have played on the very first Middle School team in Hickman county they have had a different Coach, this is the 6th coach they will have thru School ball. Kind of a rough way to go. The Coach is Steve Spatts this year, and he is starting off on the right foot. If he stays , he will definetly help the team get going.

wow 6 coachs in 6 years has got to be some kind of record for school ball. no wander you all just have only 3 seniors. who do you all have pitching this year? any surprise super stars. and is your super star catcher still there or is he gone. seemed like the parents did not like the coach last year over there at spring hill we were laughing hard at the parent acting so tough through the fence arguing with there own coach. where did this coach go to any idea? good luck this year except when you play us. ha ha

We have 2 returning starting pitchers this year,1 is a junior and 1 senior, and yes the catcher is still there, he will also be pitching this year as well. Our coach from last year went to Lexington. 95% of the parents loved Coach Britt, It was a few disgruntled parents that kept the "drama'' going for our team. but thats all it takes to get things going in Hickman County,If you are not in the "Click" , and a few calls to the right people and you will be railroaded, innocent or not. We are just trying to focus on having a respectful year and get a good program started.

Yes there is some real dirty stuff goes on behind the scenes in Hickman County, but I imagine it can happen anywhere. On a positive note the kids are working hard and the few that stuck it out may get rewarded in some way or another. Fairview should be ok this year, I know they have several good ball players there, Ethan Cassidy ( he is by trade a football player but is also very skilled baseball player as well.) and Wyatt Lampley, both have played travel ball in the past ,but do not know if they are playing. If I remember correctly they had a lefty that could throw pretty good also.

We have 2 returning starting pitchers this year,1 is a junior and 1 senior, and yes the catcher is still there, he will also be pitching this year as well. Our coach from last year went to Lexington. 95% of the parents loved Coach Britt, It was a few disgruntled parents that kept the "drama'' going for our team. but thats all it takes to get things going in Hickman County,If you are not in the "Click" , and a few calls to the right people and you will be railroaded, innocent or not. We are just trying to focus on having a respectful year and get a good program started.

Thats the problem, the parents think they can be coaches from the sideline! They need to just enjoy the game and let the coaches do their job! :D If there is anything worse for a program is parents that can't keep their mouths shut ;)

I know that Lewis Co. came to Perry Co. yesterday and played in a play day..Teams included Scotts Hill, Perry Co, and Hampshire..LC beat Hampshire and dropped two against a hard hitting, compact Scotts Hill team and then to a young PC team 3-2 with a very questionable call at home that wouldve tied it.. I do believe however that LC puts the ball in play, runs the bases well, and they will make you get them out.

Spring Hill Raiders

03/01 4:30 vs Columbia Academy

03/04 4:30 at Dickson County

03/08 4:00 vs Mt. Pleasant

03/11 4:00 at Blackman

Willie,

Did I hear correctly? CA 3 / SH 1 ?

Was that a regular season game or scrimmage?

Who pitched for CA, limiting SH to 1 run?