12aa/region6 predictions/ top players to watch

40n81

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie,

Did I hear correctly? CA 3 / SH 1 ?

Was that a regular season game or scrimmage?

Who pitched for CA, limiting SH to 1 run?

Yes. 7 Innings CA 3 SH 1

SH did not hit very well. CA got a few hits early that scored their runs. All runs were earned. I think CA will have a pretty good season. They have several good young arms. I will also add that the game was managed totally different by the coaching staffs. SH seemed to have a game plan going in to pitch 3 pitchers 2 innings each and the 4th pitcher in the 7th no matter the situation so they could get some work in. CA managed the game to win. They went thru 5 or 6 pitchers in the 7 innings. CA pulled a few pitchers in the middle of the inning and brought in another one to get them out of jams. Nothing is wrong with either game plan and I'm not making excuses for SH or taking anything away from CA. I'm sure the win gave CA a lot of confidence going into their season. SH will hit and isn't concerned after this scrimmage. Their line up will come around and should bounce back to make a good showing at Dickson County on Thursday. No one should get down on SH. They will be tough.

SH has 1 starter (INF or OF) hurt and 1 starting OF that can DH only right now. They also have a player that is still playing basketball that will see a lot of playing time this season.

CA has a player that just got done with basketball and it is up in the air if he will play or not.

CA 3 SH 1 JV 3 Innings

Spring Hill played 10-12 jv players. CA had most of their starters still in during the jv game.

Thanks for the update Willie.

I'm not too concerned about the Raiders. They will come around when the regular season gets under way.

Just a little suprised they could only produce 1 run though with their line up.

03/04/10

Varsity 7 Innings

Spring Hill 5

Dickson County 5

Both teams used several pitchers. DC threw 7 pitchers 1 inning each. SH threw T. Bigler 2, Schubert 2, Sherry 1, Teal 1, and Walton 1.

JV 3 Innings

Spring Hill 1

DC 0

Spring Hill scrimmages Mt. Pleasant today at Raider Field - 4:00pm

Week 1

Spring Hill - Fairview

03/15/10 @ Fairview

03/16/10 @ Spring Hill

I don't know much about Fairview. It has been a few years since I last seen them play. Just going off of last years schedule I'm going to say Fairview will struggle again this year. Knowing what SH has coming back and some of the big bats in the line up... I'm going with SH in both. SH sweeps.

Giles County - Lewis County

03/15/10 @ Giles County

03/16/10 @ Lewis County

Lewis County has more kids out this year but pitching is the key. How much of that do they have. Giles County has a few good arms. I got to go with Giles County in both. Giles County sweeps.

Marshall County - Page

03/15/10 @ Marshall County

03/16/10 @ Page

Both teams are tough to beat at home. I will say that Watkins (MC) will pitch at MC and Gross (Page) will pitch at Page so a head to head is probably not going to happen. Both teams win at home. Split series.

East Hickman - Hickman County

03/15/10 @ Hickman County

03/16/10 @ East Hickman

The Civil War continues. East Hickman has improved some each year. Once again they are under a new coach. Hopefully he will do a good job like Coach Britt did and EH will keep him around for a couple of years. I think Hickman County lost too much pitching. With the reports I'm getting Hickman County has not looked good in scrimmages. I'm going with East Hickman in both. EH sweeps.

it is always fun to make predictions so i will try. here is how i think they will finish the seaosn

1. Spring Hill

2. Marshall Co,

3. Page

4. Giles Co.

5. Lewis Co.

6. Fairview

7. East Hickman

8. Hickman Co.

The top three are no brainers, they have the most talent and should finish that way. Giles and Lewis get the benefit of traditional being decent. I have seen fairview play the last couple fo years. they are not very good, but they got rid of some really bad seniors from last years team. i was able to watch them scrimmage once this spring, and they are going to hit ok, but they have no pitching and their defense is supsect. i have also seen East and Hickman play the last year or so. Hickman has fallen on hard times lately and i see no reason it should change this year. east is improving and if they can keep a coach should be better this year.

East Hickman this is a story for the 2 seniors that have stuck it out for 6 years in school ball ,east has had 6 diffrent coaches(from middle school to high school) and i dont see this coach around next year ,if so he will have the record for being the longest coach EH has ever had in baseball . pitching will be the big problem for us our ace is a head case sometimes and throws fits like my 2 year old. the truth is our catcher is our best pitcher but like the last 2 years no one else can be trusted to catch so he is stuck back there , this year we do have a reliable short stop , first base is in good hands as well , second base we have a freshman that plays above everyone else at this pos. third base will have to step up this year , outfield could be a long day better be ready. and our bats seems to be ok nothing great , but enough to win some games.

Good Luck to everyone and have safe season.

This is definetly East /Hickman biggest rivalry game. These 2 games will tell how the year will play out, I hope they can get it together. East pitching is the big question, I think if Coach Spatz mixes things up pitching wise East may be able to pull it out, hopefully those temper tantrums will be over so the team can stay focused and confident. The freshman is impressive so far, and some hitters have stepped up that have suprised me. Lets hope for a fun season "drama free" .

game at HC cancelled for reasons unknown. But tonight HC comes to EAST and this should be a good game. can someone tell me what the rule is for a district games to be rained out and the next time they play dont they or should`nt they play a double header like Fairview and SH is doing ? and if the coach is worried about gate money he can save what he was paying umpires. seems like a no brainer .

It would depend on whether they can play the makeup on Wednesday and whether HC wants to give up their home field. If their field can be ready on Wednesday and they care about their home field advantage and playing in front of their fans, they should play their home game at home. If those things aren't important to your program, play a DH at the other guys' place. Most everyone has Wednesdays set up as the rain out day for district games.