Tyler Vittetoe of Union County

mrdrano

Congratulations to Tyler Vittetoe from Union County High School, who on Saturday night became the all-time leading scorer in Union County history. Tyler scored 34 points to pass Brian Shoffner who had held the record for about 20 years, to make it even more impressive he had a triple double that night with 10 steals and 10 assists. I have seen this kid play for 4 years in high school and i don't know of a better shooter around. A very hard worker in the gym, i for one want to wish him the best in college next year as he has gotten several offers from some good college programs, where ever he ends up, they will have a zone buster shooter who is quick as a cat, who will give 100% on every possession. Again congrats Tyler and good luck. :thumb::lol::D

As I have heard, Carson Newman and Tusculum are very interested in Tyler, both DII programs I believe.

My son got to play with Tyler on the U16 East TN Magic AAU team 2 years ago (my son was playing up from U15), and I became very impressed with Tyler. The best thing in my opinion is not his quickness or his shooting (both excellent), but it is his court smarts that are really his best attribute . . . no matter what is happening on that court, Tyler is always calm and thinking - very rare. He finds a way to make plays at all times.

He is just as dangerous without a ball in his hands as he is with it . . . impressive!

MMcCroskey, I agree with you that Tyler is a very court savvy player, Union has a very big week coming up this week on the road at Fulton on Tues, home on Friday against AE, home on Sat against Carter, if he keeps up his 25 pts per game average against these 3 teams i feel like even more schools will be giving him a look before the season is over.

Congratulations to Tyler Vittetoe from Union County High School, who on Saturday night became the all-time leading scorer in Union County history. Tyler scored 34 points to pass Brian Shoffner who had held the record for about 20 years, to make it even more impressive he had a triple double that night with 10 steals and 10 assists. :thumb::thumb::lol:

I thought Union County High had only been in existance for 10-12 years so I don't know how Shoffner held it for 20 years....maybe I am wrong....congrats, and Tyler has a few games to build on his record.

You are correct. Union County High School has only been in existence for around 10 years. Before it became UC High, it was Horace Maynard High School (which is where Brian Shoffner held the record). Tyler Vittetoe broke the "county" record last week by surpassing Shoffner's record. He broke the "Union County High School" record a few weeks earlier. Congrats, Tyler!

Tyler Vittetoe won player of the week for the Prep Extra Knoxville Area. Congrats to him and Good Luck to the Patriots this weekend. I have heard that his recruiting has picked up alot since his 30pts vs Fulton the first game. I think he is a Low Major to High D2 player. Carson Newman and Tusculum should both take him quickly, because he is getting better every game i have heard.

Congrats to Tyler, he was offered and accepted a scholarship yesterday to play basketball for the Tusculum Pioneers, they have got a great player and he is going to a college that will work out great for him. Win Win situation for BOTH, again congrats to Tyler and we wish you much success for the next four years. GO PIONEERS!!!!!!!!!! :):roflol: