Father Ryan vs. Brentwood High School

Freestyle4life

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Blake wrestle from middle school through high school and find it hard to believe that he'd avoid a match-up. There has to have been a reasonable explanation as to why he didn't wrestle at the Ryan Tournament or the dual.

The first thing that comes to mind is nursing an injury or having a tough time making weight so maybe Brentwood is only asking him to get down to weight or compete in situations where he can make a difference in the team outcome...

Where was Blake Thomas at 112? He did not wrestle at Father Ryan either?????.....

I was wondering the same thing! Skip the Ryan, wrestle the Brentwood, Skip the dual against Ryan. Hard to imagine why he'd pass up wrestling Mosley given that he beat the Rickman kid from GA, that majored Mosley at the McCallie.

Why do wrestlers avoid wrestling tough matches? Isn't that what the sports about.

I suppose to keep that seeding or ranking, who knows. I don't anticipate we'll see that tomorrow at 119 when Ryan and BA face-off. :x

As long as he does not wrestle Mosley he would be the automatic selection for the All-Midstate team that is voted on by the Middle Tennessee coaches. IMO, he would have been a big favorite over Mosley but if Mosley is never extended the opportunity to prove himself Blake would be the automatic selection. There is way too much scheming in high school sports today. Let's go back to the good ole day's where the stud's wanted everyone to know they were the best and would take on everyone. You would never see a kid that wrestled for Randy Thomas not wrestle unless they were in jail for a bar fight and Randy couldn't bail them out of jail in time for the match. This younger generation would have a difficult time working with Drennan/Garmon (Ryan), Major Worsham (Baylor) or Randy Thomas (Springfield).

I've seen Blake wrestle from middle school through high school and find it hard to believe that he'd avoid a match-up. There has to have been a reasonable explanation as to why he didn't wrestle at the Ryan Tournament or the dual.

I find it very hard to see why he would not wrestle. No matter, He's still the man to beat. I like the kid I hope he is healthy and without injury.

Hey Carlos, we are heading up in that direction this weekend and wanted to see if you guys were off this weekend or at a tourney? Talk to Zeno and call me.

I find it very hard to see why he would not wrestle. No matter, He's still the man to beat. I like the kid I hope he is healthy and without injury.

Hey Carlos, we are heading up in that direction this weekend and wanted to see if you guys were off this weekend or at a tourney? Talk to Zeno and call me.

We are actually heading to Memphis on Saturday for the Briarcrest Duals and we have Ryan tonight at home. I should talk to Zeno later today. If you guys are here today, stop by and watch the tri with BA, Franklin and Ryan.

Where was Blake Thomas at 112? He did not wrestle at Father Ryan either?????.....

I was wondering the same thing! Skip the Ryan, wrestle the Brentwood, Skip the dual against Ryan. Hard to imagine why he'd pass up wrestling Mosley given that he beat the Rickman kid from GA, that majored Mosley at the McCallie.

Why do wrestlers avoid wrestling tough matches? Isn't that what the sports about.

I suppose to keep that seeding or ranking, who knows. I don't anticipate we'll see that tomorrow at 119 when Ryan and BA face-off. :flower:

Tell me you are not coming on here a going to question who Ryan will put on the mat against your son. Say it aint so say it aint so. :wacko::evil:

I suppose to keep that seeding or ranking, who knows. I don't anticipate we'll see that tomorrow at 119 when Ryan and BA face-off. :flower:

If the implication here is that the Ryan 119 might not be wrestling, I will be shocked if he doesn’t. Don’t recall this coach ever dodging anyone. He certainly wouldn’t wrestle Mater Dei, Collins Hill, Brandon, and good programs outside TN to make his team better if he was trying to protect his record. I think if a wrestler or coach decides to dodge someone to protect his standing, he has to be thinking there was a good possibility he would lose the match. Now there’s a confidence builder for the one being dodged! Know this goes on, but don’t think you’ll see it from the Ryan coach.

Having watched him wrestle, I doubt Blake Thomas would avoid or dodge anyone and to assume so is doing the young man a complete injustice. I would have to agree with Ghouse it sounds like trouble making weight or nursing an injury.

I suppose to keep that seeding or ranking, who knows. I don't anticipate we'll see that tomorrow at 119 when Ryan and BA face-off. :lol:

Tell me you are not coming on here and going to question who Ryan will put on the mat against your son. Say it aint so say it aint so. B):lol:

The match was on Friday and did we see that or something else. Are you going to tell us Mr. Calloway ? B)