Greenfield @ Lake County!

sbl0702

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your take? I believe LC wins this one at home but it wont be a surprise if Greenfield pulls this one out!

sbl

Lake Co. is a tough place to play. If Greenfield loses again in the regular season, it would be this game. However, the Lady Jackets are playing extremely confident basketball right now. They have a great inside game with Randolph and McMullen. Jordan Gailey has turned a corner recently. She is playing like the player everyone believes she can be. Also, Greenfield is probably the best shooting team in the district. I think they have a real shot of winning this game. I know I am a bit biased, but I believe they might have an argument for that AP #1.

Huffy,

I knew I could count on you to post a reply......I was begining to think no one was gonna talk to me...lol! The winner of this game has a definite claim to ap #1!!!!!!! Oughtta be a good one.....LC hasnt been beat at home in 2 years.......thats not to say that greenfield cant do it....they are very capable!!!!!! I'm already jacked up for this one!!!!!!!! Should be exciting!!!!

sbl

Just as Huff said..maybe a little biased..but I think Lake Co has the better team even though they did lose at Greenfield..Kansas lost to Tenn also...but doubt mant think Tenn is better than Kansas..As for number 1 in the stste..if Greenfield can make claim to that..so could Lake Co..Here's why and the facts..Yes..Lake Co did lose to Greenfield but Greenfield lost to Bradford and Lake Co beat Bradford..But lets look at the same teams that each have played..The body of work against the same exact teams..Greenfield beat Halls 51-26..Lake co beat Halls 86-37 ..But lets not count this game because I'm sure Greenfield pulled their starters as did Lake Co ...Greenfield lost to Bradford 33-35..Lake Co beat Bradford 50-46...Greenfield beat South Fulton 57-37...Lake Co beat South Fulton 63-35..Lets not count this game either because Greenfield may have pulled their starters as did Lake Co..Greenfield beat Union City 46-45..Lake Co beat Union City 65-46...Greenfield beat Trenton 55-51...Lake Co beat Trenton 74-43...Greenfield beat Humboldt twice..53-47 and 70-63..Lake Co has beaten Humboldt twice..82-65 and 59-44..Every game against the same common opponents..Greenfield has won true..But Lake Co has dominated those same teams by large margins..Since Christmas..Greenfield beat Trenton by 4 points..beat South Fulton by 20 and beat Humboldt by 7..Lake Co has beaten Union City by 19..Trenton by 31..Humboldt by 15..So..looks like Lake Co has been playing pretty well..!As far as being the best shooting team..Trenton and Union City and Humboldt may disagree..Especially Trenton and Union Cit..They played a zone and Lake Co shot the lights out ....Maybe Harper would care to comment about the shooters that Lake Co have..But all of this means nothing ...Lake Co has a chance to avenge a loss..Greenfield may get them again..Never know how 1 night will go from the next..I'm sure these teams will meet again no matter who wins.

Another tidbit of information just for fun..Lake Co has scored 1466 points and given up 930 and Greenfield has scored 947 points and given up 707..!

Bigster you have convinced me. With those stats it wont be close, Lake County will beat Greenfield by at least 20 but it might be more. We just squeak by all those teams that Lake County beats by 19, 31 and more. Lake County is definitely quicker, the revenge factor goes to Lake County and the home court goes to Lake County. Really I dont guess we even ought to come down there.

You know I'm kidding but the game looks like the odds are against us. In my opinion Lake County is the best team in Tennessee and I've said that before. I'm not going to make any predictions on the game but I hope its a nailbiter just like last years District Overtime game but with a different outcome.

Huffy,

I knew I could count on you to post a reply......I was begining to think no one was gonna talk to me...lol! The winner of this game has a definite claim to ap #1!!!!!!! Oughtta be a good one.....LC hasnt been beat at home in 2 years.......thats not to say that greenfield cant do it....they are very capable!!!!!! I'm already jacked up for this one!!!!!!!! Should be exciting!!!!

sbl

me, being a uchs fan.. i can say i'm sure lake county going to win. they are so awesome:) they should win by like 15 points!

Bigster you have convinced me. With those stats it wont be close, Lake County will beat Greenfield by at least 20 but it might be more. We just squeak by all those teams that Lake County beats by 19, 31 and more. Lake County is definitely quicker, the revenge factor goes to Lake County and the home court goes to Lake County. Really I dont guess we even ought to come down there.

You know I'm kidding but the game looks like the odds are against us. In my opinion Lake County is the best team in Tennessee and I've said that before. I'm not going to make any predictions on the game but I hope its a nailbiter just like last years District Overtime game but with a different outcome.

sbl was wanting a reply and knew Huff and you were going to reply.I thought I'd stir the pot a little.. was expecting Huff to say about the same thing as you did..about maybe yall shouldnt even show up..I feel both these teams could lay claim to the top spot.Jackson Co may be the best team.maybe Middleton.maybe

Clarkrange...I feel both our teams are in the mix..Lale Co has played well about all season..a couple games I didnt think we played very well..I thought we were sloppy against Munford,even though was about a 15 point win ..But since Christmas,teams have been playing a zone and Lake Co has responded..Lake Co-Greenfield should be a barn burner..Those games or who really won by more doesn't mean anything..Matchups play a big part as well as foul problems so hopefully that won't play a part this time..If Katie or Jordan gets 3 fouls early like T.T. did in the first game ..would really like our chances..Since the first 3 games..T.T. hasn't played out of control.. And Greenfield knows how to play and put pressure and keep Lake Co from running..That will be the key..Another key could be the bench..Lake Co has had one player leave the team since we last played..Gave us a little playing time and 3 point threat and if it's real tight the whole game..I look for Lake Co to maybe play just 6 players..Probably run 1 player off the bench for a minute or so and keep doing that until all the starters get a little breather..I doubt T.T. or Carnation leaving the floor unless Lake Co is in the lead or in foul trouble..No matter how this game turns out..I believe we will meet again..Only thing is..if Lake Co loses again..even by 1 point..still people are going to say..Yea but Greenfield beat them twice..Lake Co needs this game..even if by a point..just to make me feel better..lol..Good luck tomorrow night !

There are two things that concern me for Greenfield. One has already been mentioned. The game is at Lake County. The second thing is, how will Greenfield respond after a big win against Gleason. I know that sometimes a team will have a let down after a big win. I don't think Coach T will let that happen, but it is a concern. I am pulling for Greenfield, but Lake Co. sure is good.

There are two things that concern me for Greenfield. One has already been mentioned. The game is at Lake County. The second thing is, how will Greenfield respond after a big win against Gleason. I know that sometimes a team will have a let down after a big win. I don't think Coach T will let that happen, but it is a concern. I am pulling for Greenfield, but Lake Co. sure is good.

Both these teams are very good..Both have beaten some quality teams and their records show that..I'm expecting a hard nosed,close game..But like you said..Greenfield come come in flat but not necessarily from the big win against Gleason..Could maybe see that if they were playing Halls and was sloppy but they know the talent Lake Co .I believe it's going to be a 6 point game or less but if one team comes out and not hiitting..could be a big win for either team..Both teams could come out playing hard and not be hitting..But that could be because of the talent both teams have and the athletes..Even if Lake Co wins this game by 10 points,which I don't think will happen..two very good teams ..You never know one night to the next..Greenfield may be us by 10 points one night and Lake Co come back two nights later and win by 10..This game ,no matter how it goes isn't going to change my opinion of either team..I've seen Lake Co too much the past several years and have seen Greenfield about 12 times the past couple season and know what both teams are capable of..This game is a game I want to win but the first game in the district tournament will be the most important and the district championship could be just as important .You have to win the first game to advance..And although any team could make it to the region championship from the 2,3 or 4 spot..would be nice to stay out of Gleason's bracket until the championship..!

Just as Huff said..maybe a little biased..but I think Lake Co has the better team even though they did lose at Greenfield..Kansas lost to Tenn also...but doubt mant think Tenn is better than Kansas..As for number 1 in the stste..if Greenfield can make claim to that..so could Lake Co..Here's why and the facts..Yes..Lake Co did lose to Greenfield but Greenfield lost to Bradford and Lake Co beat Bradford..But lets look at the same teams that each have played..The body of work against the same exact teams..Greenfield beat Halls 51-26..Lake co beat Halls 86-37 ..But lets not count this game because I'm sure Greenfield pulled their starters as did Lake Co ...Greenfield lost to Bradford 33-35..Lake Co beat Bradford 50-46...Greenfield beat South Fulton 57-37...Lake Co beat South Fulton 63-35..Lets not count this game either because Greenfield may have pulled their starters as did Lake Co..Greenfield beat Union City 46-45..Lake Co beat Union City 65-46...Greenfield beat Trenton 55-51...Lake Co beat Trenton 74-43...Greenfield beat Humboldt twice..53-47 and 70-63..Lake Co has beaten Humboldt twice..82-65 and 59-44..Every game against the same common opponents..Greenfield has won true..But Lake Co has dominated those same teams by large margins..Since Christmas..Greenfield beat Trenton by 4 points..beat South Fulton by 20 and beat Humboldt by 7..Lake Co has beaten Union City by 19..Trenton by 31..Humboldt by 15..So..looks like Lake Co has been playing pretty well..!As far as being the best shooting team..Trenton and Union City and Humboldt may disagree..Especially Trenton and Union Cit..They played a zone and Lake Co shot the lights out ....Maybe Harper would care to comment about the shooters that Lake Co have..But all of this means nothing ...Lake Co has a chance to avenge a loss..Greenfield may get them again..Never know how 1 night will go from the next..I'm sure these teams will meet again no matter who wins.

Another tidbit of information just for fun..Lake Co has scored 1466 points and given up 930 and Greenfield has scored 947 points and given up 707..!

Bigster,

You know you can't go comparing scores. It does not work that way. Some ESPN analysts did that one year in college football to be funny, and by your argument Troy St. should have been the national champions that year. lol Bottom line is that head to head Greenfield has the edge. That might change Fri. but right now you don't sound very objective.

I don't think that will happen with Greenfield. This is a very level headed team. They don't seem to look ahead, and they don't seem to take any team for granted. If Lake Co. wins, I don't think it is because of a let down.