IMAC Softball

Mobuck162

Softball season is almost here, cant wait to play all the new teams in the IMAC. Would like to see some predictions from some of my fellow Fastpitch junkies! I will give my predictions and would like to welcome Sevier, Seymour and South Doyle to the IMAC. 1) Seymour 2) East 3) Jeff 4) South Doyle 5) West 6) Cocke 7) Cherokee (sorry Chiefs, but Whitney Gilbert's graduation is going to put alot of pressure on your defense) 8) Sevier

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Softball season is almost here, cant wait to play all the new teams in the IMAC. Would like to see some predictions from some of my fellow Fastpitch junkies! I will give my predictions and would like to welcome Sevier, Seymour and South Doyle to the IMAC. 1) Seymour 2) East 3) Jeff 4) South Doyle 5) West 6) Cocke 7) Cherokee (sorry Chiefs, but Whitney Gilbert's graduation is going to put alot of pressure on your defense) 8) Sevier

I agree with you Mobuck162 on two accounts, I also can't wait for softball season to get here and I also agree that losing a player like Gilbert is really going to hurt your beloved Chiefs. I disagree with order of finish though, here are my predictions: 1) Morristown East 2) Seymour 3) Jefferson County 4) Morristown West 5) South Doyle 6) Cherokee 7) Cocke County 8) Sevier County. I will admit that I don't know much about the new teams coming in this year but I would also like to welcome them to the IMAC. Should be a fun season and I hope the coaching staff at East is ready to lead my Lady Hurricanes to state tournament.

Hey stormy22, I'm glad to see somebody else is getting the softball fever, I was wondering if they had cancelled softball season and I had'nt been told yet. Your prediction of your Hurricanes finishing 1st is pretty bold, considering the fact that you guys lost either 4 or 5 starters to graduation, you better hope your coaching staff steps it up if you think you are going to win the IMAC, let alone go to the state tournament! Afraid the Chiefs are in for along year, there is no way we are finishing any higher than 7th.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cherokees of South Doyle have a new/old coach. Robby Howard who coached baseball @ Doyle and SD has came out of retirement to coach the lady Cherokees. It will be interesting to see the softball team this year. I think they have a good core group of Juniors and Coach Howard knows how to coach high school athletics. GOOO KEEES!

It's great to hear from fans of the new IMAC teams. I'm looking forward to a new softball season and seeing the new conference teams on the field (and the old). MoEast also have a couple of new coaches on the staff this year which should bring some new enthusiasm for the players. GO LADY CANES! Work hard and lets take this thing all the way to state!

I figure just what I,ve seen so far out of practices, yes Im snooping around. The Canes have a young pitcher not sure what her name is but very impressive! West is in the hunt as well as usual! My prediction is East out front followed by West. the rest see ya next year in 2011

Hey, Barney Fife since you have been snooping around, I will help you out East starting pitcher is a senior her name is Rachel Wilmoth and West chances of finishing 2nd are slim to none!

Hey, Barney Fife since you have been snooping around, I will help you out East starting pitcher is a senior her name is Rachel Wilmoth and West chances of finishing 2nd are slim to none!

Not so quick Andy - don't count the Trojans out too quickly; however, I do think a lot depends on the status of their shortstop. She is a one man wrecking crew. She refuses to lose and I don't expect that team to roll over and play dead.

Seymour and South Doyle are better than most in the IMAC realize and yet the IMAC is better than what these new additions expect.

At 43 feet, you better be packing pitching as well as the defense to back it up. With that said, I like East for all of the above reasons plus they have the most offensive fire power in the league - giving their good pitching some priceless breathing room.

I like your early pics MOBUCK, but I almost like Jefferson second. They certainly aren't deep enough, but they have enough that can put together a tough lineup in spurts. Their pitching is solid.

I even like those in the bottom pack. Cherokee pitching is down but not out and some quality players scattered throughout. The loss of the best pitcher in East TN and their inability to score runs drops them down. Heck, even Cocke County can be dangerous. Not enough help for the two leaders, but their pitcher has trimmed up and looks like a mean, lean, fighting machine. I can see them slipping up on teams, but also unable to score.

Maybe I like (East, Seymour, Jefferson, Doyle, West, Cherokee, Cocke, Sevier)

I'm glad to be in the IMAC this year. Look forward to getting under way.