Just for fun, Who would u like to play or not in Sub State?

MCHStrojan96

:excl: Ok so just for fun, 1) Assuming YOUR team makes it to its Regional Final, who would u like to be matched up against? 2) No matter with a loss in a Regional Final you go to Sub State, who would u RATHER NOT play in sub state and why?

;) As far as Millington goes, i want us to see a new face in the Regional Championship. Id like for it to be Jax Northside!! Its nice to have another great program to join the region (7-3A). It will give both teams, esp Northside to chance to make a statement. There has been doubt about Northside but i think they are legit.

:? As far as Sub State, well many teams in the Memphis area are more than capable to making it this far. If I had to pick one team id rather us not have to play it would be Memphis Central. They are def battle tested and when they are good, boy are they good. They do tend to be a little streaky this year but still its not a team i'd want to see in sub state. Memphis Ridgeway and Memphis Overton are hott right now as well.

;) Good luck to all your teams and its about time to really sit back and enjoy as the post season nears us.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting topic, while scrolling down, ran across it saw the detail involved and also realizing many don/t really understand the process and that GC would probably start to tackle it with you but he got tied up with a GC loss and consequently it was the bottom subject on his agenda. Substate match ups are the subject.

The process is there are 8 regions which wind up with 2 winners each that have to wind up with 8 finalists that go to state. Each region will have 8 schools involved in the Regional playoff. There are 3 DI Divisions in the state so the selection process gets a little complicated if this is a State wide exercise. So as an example of AAA Region 7 and 8 which includes District AAA 15, 16, 14 and 13 with 4 schools in each District vieing for two spots in Region play, the selection process is to pick out 2 schools in each Region out of the total 16 possibilities in the two Regions the wind up with two

State Championship spots. Each two Regions will winner of one play the loser of the other. You would go thru the same possibilities with the other regions until you get 8 selections. On this site,District standings are posted except in the Memphis area where they are not good in posting since they are more involved in their city championships at that time. So you would have to guess some of the records. So that is the process. Now the suggestion that Jackson North would be one of the finalist Regional schools looks to me to be a good choice but with the other schools involved. a loser region 7 might have it tough against the winner of Region 8, whoever it is. There are many options in Memphis. Now i'll leave it there for someone who knows the schools to finish it up as District 15 and 16 has been pretty quiet this year. Good luck in the response. Hope you find out who is leading down there because except for Central, its hard to tell.

Livingston Academy is a tough place to go and get a substate win for visting teams. McMinn Central is a very tough place too. Upperman is rowdy place because by this time of the year if they host substate the bee hive is buzzing. In single A Clarkrange just dont lose many games in the regular season at home much less a home substate game. Jackson County is another team nobody wants to travel to. Now all these teams mentioned are just as good if they have to travel too. Perennially these teams are always in the substate mix.

I want to play the top dog Every game. Give me the toughest game possible, the biggest and baddest team in the state. If my team is any good I would have to play them eventually anyways. And this way I would never have trouble getting my kids focused for a game.

But it does suck having to play Livingston Academy EleventyBajillion times just to get to Murfreesboro. AND THEN, possibly have to face them again once we get there!!

Bring it. Let's get it on.

I think everyone in region 6 AAA is hoping Mt Juliet and Clarksville get upset before sectional.

MM, we were wondering if District 12 Women Bsdketball even had teams this year. No scores posted and no one knows who is ahead in the standings. At least the Boys are making some attempt to post scores. I know we've posted on tis before but who knows, there might be some future College or professional player at one of these schools and no one will even know the school even plays. Someone needs to post the scores of the games to let us know the District is still playing.

Interesting topic, while scrolling down, ran across it saw the detail involved and also realizing many don/t really understand the process and that GC would probably start to tackle it with you but he got tied up with a GC loss and consequently it was the bottom subject on his agenda. Substate match ups are the subject.

The process is there are 8 regions which wind up with 2 winners each that have to wind up with 8 finalists that go to state. Each region will have 8 schools involved in the Regional playoff. There are 3 DI Divisions in the state so the selection process gets a little complicated if this is a State wide exercise. So as an example of AAA Region 7 and 8 which includes District AAA 15, 16, 14 and 13 with 4 schools in each District vieing for two spots in Region play, the selection process is to pick out 2 schools in each Region out of the total 16 possibilities in the two Regions the wind up with two

State Championship spots. Each two Regions will winner of one play the loser of the other. You would go thru the same possibilities with the other regions until you get 8 selections. On this site,District standings are posted except in the Memphis area where they are not good in posting since they are more involved in their city championships at that time. So you would have to guess some of the records. So that is the process. Now the suggestion that Jackson North would be one of the finalist Regional schools looks to me to be a good choice but with the other schools involved. a loser region 7 might have it tough against the winner of Region 8, whoever it is. There are many options in Memphis. Now i'll leave it there for someone who knows the schools to finish it up as District 15 and 16 has been pretty quiet this year. Good luck in the response. Hope you find out who is leading down there because except for Central, its hard to tell.

GC may not even make it to the Regional tournament this year!!!! :D:D:D

MM, we were wondering if District 12 Women Bsdketball even had teams this year. No scores posted and no one knows who is ahead in the standings. At least the Boys are making some attempt to post scores. I know we've posted on tis before but who knows, there might be some future College or professional player at one of these schools and no one will even know the school even plays. Someone needs to post the scores of the games to let us know the District is still playing.

I seriously doubt a players future status is determined by whether the games are posted.

And too be honest, I really like the fact that most of the garbage on these sites hasn't affected region 6-AAA. (I completely get the irony that I am post meaningless drivel about meaningless drivel)