York Vs LA

williamz71

My hat goes off to LA they came into York last night And came away with a victory. Both teams played good. LA played just a little bit better. If some else other than #12 could have hit their outside shots it might have been a different out come. The bottom line is LA worked for the win and they got it. MAybe in the district tourament these two will meet again. Congragulations to a good LA team.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hat goes off to LA they came into York last night And came away with a victory. Both teams played good. LA played just a little bit better. If some else other than #12 could have hit their outside shots it might have been a different out come. The bottom line is LA worked for the win and they got it. MAybe in the district tourament these two will meet again. Congragulations to a good LA team.

Listen to the game and it sounded like LA had everything under control early. Just wondering why coach pulled most of the starters and let York back in the game. T J comes down and pops a three right off the bat and the rout is on. I know you want to give some players some PT but York hung in till the end with all the shuffling of players. I think T J committed his 1st foul with 13 secs to go in the game. What does that tell you how long he played. He might not have to wash his uniform 4 the next game no longer than he played last night. Not trying to be a critic b/cause I have faith in our coach just wondering why he un loaded the bench before the job was finished.

Listen to the game and it sounded like LA had everything under control early. Just wondering why coach pulled most of the starters and let York back in the game. T J comes down and pops a three right off the bat and the rout is on. I know you want to give some players some PT but York hung in till the end with all the shuffling of players. I think T J committed his 1st foul with 13 secs to go in the game. What does that tell you how long he played. He might not have to wash his uniform 4 the next game no longer than he played last night. Not trying to be a critic b/cause I have faith in our coach just wondering why he un loaded the bench before the job was finished.

The fact that TJ only had 1 foul says more to me than just him not getting enough playing time. I have seen TJ play an entire game and only have 1 foul. To me that says he could stand to be more aggressive on defense. TJ is a great player. Imagine if he approached defense the way he did offense. I would think that if you knew much about the sport at all, you wouldn't even hint to questioning the coach's actions. Coach Melton's "unloading" the bench style of play is what allows him to have a good team year in and year out. Any coach that can manage to get his young players time in the game and still finds a way to win has to be pretty sharp. That "unloading" the bench style is part of the reason all the freshmen and sophmores are playing so well right now.

*I realize you said "you weren't trying to be a critic", but basiclly you were being a critic. One with a negative tone. When the coach's win % drops below 80%, then you can consider being a critic. :thumb:

RC, you should know better than to ever question Coach M. Look at his record. Surely LAfan and some others would be willing to give, at least, partial credit for his record to the players.

Nice to see you back pianoman. There. Now we've both used sarcasm. Okay. I'm in a bad mood and you've struck a nerve. So I'm going to rant for a minute.

Of course he's had talented players. Why do you take every chance to put Coach M down? Why would you spend your money going to games and looking for ways to criticize and hoping for more L's for LA. There really are some of us...maybe we're a few... who may not agree with everything a coach does who still are supportive of the coach and the team.

You have me intrigued. Share with the rest of us what has happened to you, or your son or family member, or your friend's son, that causes you to have such disregard for Coach M. I happen to know him. I don't think he's perfect. No one is. But I do respect the fact that he's worked his butt off for students of all calibers. And I'm sure that's not always pleasant when he has a family of his own. Why would you continue to make yourself miserable by keeping up with what's going on with LA boys basketball? That's part of what's wrong with the whole country....too many people willing to criticize others for working hard when they have no clue what's really going on. Too many people want things handed to them when they don't deserve it. Maybe I don't have a real clue with what's going on with LA boys basketball, but I'm not the one taking every chance I get to criticize them either.

Knowing the type of things you post pianoman, you're probably thrilled right now that you got under my skin. But thank you. I needed to let off some steam.

The fact that TJ only had 1 foul says more to me than just him not getting enough playing time. I have seen TJ play an entire game and only have 1 foul. To me that says he could stand to be more aggressive on defense. TJ is a great player. Imagine if he approached defense the way he did offense. I would think that if you knew much about the sport at all, you wouldn't even hint to questioning the coach's actions. Coach Melton's "unloading" the bench style of play is what allows him to have a good team year in and year out. Any coach that can manage to get his young players time in the game and still finds a way to win has to be pretty sharp. That "unloading" the bench style is part of the reason all the freshmen and sophmores are playing so well right now.

*I realize you said "you weren't trying to be a critic", but basiclly you were being a critic. One with a negative tone. When the coach's win % drops below 80%, then you can consider being a critic. :roflolk:

Are you trying to tell me that no one should question the coach's actions, what world are you living in. It happens everyday in college and pro ball. I guess our coach is immune to such tactics.

Actually I was wondering why T J came out of the game in the first place, I know it can't be from being tired b/c like you said he won't play a lick of defense. Seemed to me he had the hot hand and could have scored 40. I have seen this before a player has the hot hand and goes out and comes back in and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. You can't just turn the switch off and on from what little I know about the game.

I guess I should have ask what happened to T J and why did he come out of the game instead of making it look like I was questioning the coach's actions. My bad. GO HOG-EYE

Nice to see you back pianoman. There. Now we've both used sarcasm. Okay. I'm in a bad mood and you've struck a nerve. So I'm going to rant for a minute.

Of course he's had talented players. Why do you take every chance to put Coach M down? Why would you spend your money going to games and looking for ways to criticize and hoping for more L's for LA. There really are some of us...maybe we're a few... who may not agree with everything a coach does who still are supportive of the coach and the team.

You have me intrigued. Share with the rest of us what has happened to you, or your son or family member, or your friend's son, that causes you to have such disregard for Coach M. I happen to know him. I don't think he's perfect. No one is. But I do respect the fact that he's worked his butt off for students of all calibers. And I'm sure that's not always pleasant when he has a family of his own. Why would you continue to make yourself miserable by keeping up with what's going on with LA boys basketball? That's part of what's wrong with the whole country....too many people willing to criticize others for working hard when they have no clue what's really going on. Too many people want things handed to them when they don't deserve it. Maybe I don't have a real clue with what's going on with LA boys basketball, but I'm not the one taking every chance I get to criticize them either.

Knowing the type of things you post pianoman, you're probably thrilled right now that you got under my skin. But thank you. I needed to let off some steam.

I really couldn't care less if you are in a bad mood. Secondly, it was not my intent to get under anybody's skin. As one of the biggest Alan Shore's for Coach M, i was merely saying you defended the coach against what RC said by saying "you can criticize when his winning percentage falls below 80%. RC merely ask about a substitution and you come unglued. My point, which you obviously missed, was you can't argue with his record. But, some of the credit has to be given to the players. I think any Coach would tell you that including M. And as far as me, my son, family member, or friend's son goes, any fan could question a coach's decision without being mad about something as you are accusing me of.(that's alright though) By the way, why don't you tell us how your related ? I must go now. Liberace has a concert to get to.

Coach M and I are of no relation. Both of you may be sort of right. Pianoman I may be wrong. You may not be personnally bitter. Maybe you just like to make negative remarks. Some people are like that. Others will at times step in and defend. That would be me. Rocking Chair looks like you've done your homework. I haven't done the math but I'm assuming yours is correct. I was wrong. My guess at the % was overstated by 1.5%. lol I did do some checking though and TJ Smith played 26 of 32 minutes at York. He's probably already done the laundry and is ready for tonight's game. LA played 9 people at York. That doesn't sound like unloading the bench to me. But you may be right about the shuffling of players. One of the subs scored in double figures. Who knows? Maybe subbing TJ kept him from getting in foul trouble. Its easy to assume after the fact. I do think Coach Melton has had some very talented players. That is an obvious ingredient to success of any program. His % wouldn't be as high without that. That's probably the same for college and pro teams as you mentioned. Liberace? I was never a big fan. Too obnoxious and flamboyant.

All humor aside....I think TJ Smith is a great player. I just wish he was more aggressive on defense sometimes. I give credit to all the young men who've played at LA. This thread was started by someone from York I assume. So to Williamz71, good luck to York too. You guys have a good team. There really are true LA fans who support everyone involved, whether or not we always agree with coaches.