Official Class AAA Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Luffman. She is one of those few kids that can play any position and be the difference in the game at that spot. Just a thought that would make her the leading candidate for Mrs Bball is that she is one who could go to the boys game and play 2 or maybe 3 positions and have no problem keeping the pace and handle the range as well. I am a LCHS fan so I would find it easy to vote for her as I get to see every game.

Jessica Cobb and Jalita Fason. Both VERY talent young ladies. Should be considered this year, but true contenders next year.

They are both being heavily recruited by D1 schools. Remember the connection with Carolyn Peck, former Purdue and Florida head coach now ESPN analyst with North Side head coach.

Jessica Cobb and Jalita Fason. Both VERY talent young ladies. Should be considered this year, but true contenders next year.

They are both being heavily recruited by D1 schools. Remember the connection with Carolyn Peck, former Purdue and Florida head coach now ESPN analyst with North Side head coach.

Jalita Fason should/will be a contender for this award next year. Fason is the real deal right now and leading her team "under the radar". I can easily see Fason going Major D1 in college. The next big thing out of NS is the Sophomore post player you guys have. If she keeps working, she'll be a big time prospect out of high school. I'm not sure on her name, but with her heigth and body control that she has, she's liable to be a stud at a big time college.

jordyn luffman espn scouts grade 88

taylor hall 77

jasmine newsome 40

dont know much about these rankings or who does them but i thought it was interesting.any one of these girls could win or someone else not listed.i have not seen jasmine or taylor play but i am sure they are vrey good. i have watched jordyn play since she was little. she is one that can see the whole floor with her eyes closed. good luck too all who are nominated. but my vote has to go to jordyn.

jordyn luffman espn scouts grade 88

taylor hall 77

jasmine newsome 40

dont know much about these rankings or who does them but i thought it was interesting.any one of these girls could win or someone else not listed.i have not seen jasmine or taylor play but i am sure they are vrey good. i have watched jordyn play since she was little. she is one that can see the whole floor with her eyes closed. good luck too all who are nominated. but my vote has to go to jordyn.

Hasina Muhammad ESPN scouts grade: 92 with numerous Tip Sheet write ups, Nike Invitational participant, holding 11 D1 offers including Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss :hungry:

I'm sure all the young ladies nominated are quite deserving, but these honors seem to go the girls with the biggest ad campaign...true talent speaks for itself.

There are two young ladies that injuries have affected their SR year and if not injured would be forerunners for Ms. Basketball. Those two young ladies are LaQuinta Jefferson & Lakeisha Crouch.

LaQuinta has led the Lady Wolverines in scoring the last 3 years at LaVergne High School, she also help lead the Lady Wolverines to a substate appearance last year, losing to eventual state champions Hillsboro High School. She has been on DNJ 1st team for the last 3 years and also district 9AAA 1st team for the last 3 years. She is a finnesse player that can score at will. Since we are throwing out ESPN Scout grades, she is currently ranked 64 on the current 2010 ESPN class and has a scout grade of 94. She is currently a leader on the LaVergne High School 20-1 team and has signed to play women's basketball at the University of KY.

Don't know Lakeisha stats but she led her Hillsboro High School team to the state championship last year. This girl can flat out play, can score, handle the ball & is a beast on the boards... It's unfortunate that a knee injury had to end her SR campaign. Lakeisha is ranked 25 in the current 2010 ESPN class and has a scout grade of 95. She also has signed with Xavier University.

Good luck to both of these ladies on the next level.

Jasmine Newsome 2009-2010 Class AAA Candidate for Miss Basketball

This season's stats:

22.6 PPG

5.6 Steals

4.8 Assists

3.0 Rebounds

Career stats:

2044+ career points (most in school history)

559+ career assists

527+ career steals

Jasmine Newsome broke her previous career single-game high this season of 42 points. She scored 43 points to break the school record for most points scored in a game, making it her second 40-plus point game of the season. Jasmine has signed with the University of Tennessee-Martin. This summer she started this season off by winning her second consecutive AAU National Championship and was named All-American.

Jasmine Newsome 2009-2010 Class AAA Candidate for Miss Basketball

This season's stats:

22.6 PPG

5.6 Steals

4.8 Assists

3.0 Rebounds

Career stats:

2044+ career points (most in school history)

559+ career assists

527+ career steals

Jasmine Newsome broke her previous career high this season of 42 points. She scored 43 points to break the school record for most points scored in a game, making it her second 40 plus point game of the season. Jasmine has signed with the University of Tennessee-Martin. This summer she started this season off by winning her second consecutive AAU National Championship and was named All-American.

Ms. Newsome should win it hands down!