Whites Creek head coach

bigchief

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I have no clue as to what caused Whites Creek to fire Anthony Law, but he seems to have recovered nicely by being hired on at Independence High in Williamson County.

That said, I wish Mose Phillips nothing but the best. I sure wish he hadn't decided to withdraw his name for the HHS job last year, but I am sure he will do well at Whites Creek if he gets the support of the community. Hopefully, he will build the Whites Creek football program for the long term.

There is no real Hillwood community at Hillwood High anymore. The football team (as well as the general student body) is largely made up of kids from the Pearl-Cohn community. Spears must understand something that everyone else doesn't by choosing to go there at this time.

It is my understanding that the Pearl-Cohn zone was rezoned back to PC.

Really? All I ever heard was that the NAACP was threatening to sue if they changed it back under some kind of "re-segregation" bologna. I just assumed that talk was enough to get MNPS to keep it the way it was and Hillwood High in a bad situation. I hope you are right though.

We at IHS would prefer Law over Dyson-

Dyson one year as volunteer coach, one year at glencliffe coachin d backs and wideouts, last year at IHS coachin backs and wideout till midseason then became d-cord....yeah he put his time in , oh I forgot he is the AD as well.....least we have law that has put his due time in

First of all, I have no clue as to what caused Whites Creek to fire Anthony Law, but he seems to have recovered nicely by being hired on at Independence High in Williamson County.

That said, I wish Mose Phillips nothing but the best. I sure wish he hadn't decided to withdraw his name for the HHS job last year, but I am sure he will do well at Whites Creek if he gets the support of the community. Hopefully, he will build the Whites Creek football program for the long term.

There is no real Hillwood community at Hillwood High anymore. The football team (as well as the general student body) is largely made up of kids from the Pearl-Cohn community. Spears must understand something that everyone else doesn't by choosing to go there at this time.

Coach Law was not fired at Whites Creek. It's almost impossible to fire a guy who just took a team to the Semi Finals. If I'm not mistaking he resigned to get a new job. Check into that.

We at IHS would prefer Law over Dyson-

Dyson one year as volunteer coach, one year at glencliffe coachin d backs and wideouts, last year at IHS coachin backs and wideout till midseason then became d-cord....yeah he put his time in , oh I forgot he is the AD as well.....least we have law that has put his due time in

Not intentionally trying to be rude, but hypothetical situation: what if Peyton Manning was the AD at Independence High and an assistant coach for a year and then was named HC of the football team. Would he have your approval as HC despite not having put in his due time?

I mean I understand your point and my hypothetical situation is not the same by any means, but being a WR in the NFL for 6 seasons (two additional years on NFL practice squads) and starting in a Super Bowl should hold a considerable amount of weight in deciding whether he can coach football.

So why is Kevin Dyson considered so under-qualified to coach high school football in the state of Tennessee? Granted, he was a WR when he played and not necessarily in a position of leadership so maybe you have a point.

I guess I just figure Kevin Dyson, as a former NFL veteran who has his master's degree in education, is more qualified to coach high school football in Tennessee than many of the Physical Education teachers who might pick up football coaching because they are the most qualified person in the school. I'm not saying Independence is a high school in that situation at all....Just that I think Kevin Dyson is hardly the worst choice, but he may indeed prove to not be worthy of being a HC. Good luck to Independence football this coming season!

Coach Law was not fired at Whites Creek. It's almost impossible to fire a guy who just took a team to the Semi Finals. If I'm not mistaking he resigned to get a new job. Check into that.

He was reportedly suspended by Principal Lang for a game or something this past season. So, you may be right in that he was not technically "fired", but apparently there wasn't a good relationship there, for him to leave being HC at Whites Creek coming off a semifinals appearance to be OC at Independence High.