Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

I actually agree with you..there is no reason the players at Shelbyville should actually have to walk by the opposing student section..but I can't answer to that..as far as the student with the cut it was the one that was struck by ANDREWS..the pushing incident like I've said several times was an Asst. Coach..not Coach Thomas..and yes anytime you lay hands on someone and its unwanted and puts them in fear it's considered battery or assault...don't know the girl personally but from what I have heard from others who know her..she said she was pushed ..her nose was busted..and she was in fear...I'm not saying it was intentional..as a matter a fact..im sure the Asst. Coach totally regrets the incident...like I said earlier it was all a series of unfortunate events that overshadowed what was otherwise a great ball game...

So, if the assist coach indeed did put his hands on this cheerleader, and it was indeed unwanted (not arguing that point) and IF that put her in fear, then this would qualify as assault. What if she was bumped or nudged, maybe an elbow or a hip....just showing how technical these legal things are. Next time I am in the line at the concession stand I will probably be assaulted....

Randy I thought that you and I might be able to have an itelligent debate..guess not....You win ..Us poor white trash rednecks over here in Lawrence County have been put in our place......next I'm sure your gonna blame us for the bad economy and the war in Iraq...

Someone care to show me where I said anyone from Lawrence Co was a poor white trash redneck?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if the assist coach indeed did put his hands on this cheerleader, and it was indeed unwanted (not arguing that point) and IF that put her in fear, then this would qualify as assault. What if she was bumped or nudged, maybe an elbow or a hip....just showing how technical these legal things are. Next time I am in the line at the concession stand I will probably be assaulted....

Randy I thought that you and I might be able to have an itelligent debate..guess not....You win ..Us poor white trash rednecks over here in Lawrence County have been put in our place......next I'm sure your gonna blame us for the bad economy and the war in Iraq...

Someone care to show me where I said anyone from Lawrence Co was a poor white trash redneck?

I think they confused you with the SCHS principal. Or, maybe it was an insinuation you made about LCHS students' intelligence.

Who was the assistant coach who shoved the cheerleader? I think there are two and I want to make sure the wrong one is not accused.

It is also SCHS School administrators bright idea to have their locker room beside the opposing student section

Don't even think about complaining at the Region tourney when you students are forced to sit upstairs.

I'm not sure that you can sell general admission tickets and force anyone to sit anywhere they choose not to sit.

Here we go with more guarantees. 48 hours ago could you have guaranteed me that Shelbyville Men's Basketball team would charge into a student section looking to knock people out. Honestly can you do that for me? You cannot guarantee me that it is not remotely possible that Shelbyville would not have rushed their own court. There might have been something that went wrong with the administration and they were handeling something else. But guarantees are not a valid argument.

Could you guarantee me that your cheerleader might not have bumped into someone else in the crowd NEAR the SCHS assistant coach, or that the crowd bumped (or are you might call it assaulted) him and he bumped into the cheerleader. Look I have good friends from LCHS too (former Cheerleader in fact) so I have nothing against LCHS. I actually think coach Clark is a great coach and always has a well coach, hard playing team. But, as I can not guarantee you anything, you my friend, cannot guarantee me anything either. The closest thing I can come to guaranteeing anything is that the region tournament should be very interesting with 3 pretty dominate 7AAA teams add Columbia and LCHS and SCHS.

I think they confused you with the SCHS principal. Or, maybe it was an insinuation you made about LCHS students' intelligence.

Who was the assistant coach who shoved the cheerleader? I think there are two and I want to make sure the wrong one is not accused.

I just know it was an assistant coach from what I saw..I can identify him..but it was not the Head Coach....

It is also SCHS School administrators bright idea to have their locker room beside the opposing student section

Don't even think about complaining at the Region tourney when you students are forced to sit upstairs.

I'm not sure that you can sell general admission tickets and force anyone to sit anywhere they choose not to sit.

OH, come on, would you complain when the SCHS students demanded to sit in the middle of the LCHS students?

My comments were to say that I am sure the LCHS student wasn't totally innocent in this situation, saying nothing about the student's (apostrophe before the s) intelligence.

randymc...we all know you live in the "boro" and where your loyalties lie..(nothing wrong with supporting your team)...we've tried intelligent debate with you...you obviously can't do that.....so my suggestion is everyone ignore you

LOL, ok Mr 24 post all in 1 thread started in the last 48 hrs....I am done on here. Go Oakland, and Go Shelbyville!

I was there. I witnessed two very hard fought basketball games. Every time I am at the SCHS gymnasium it is a very crowded place. The opposing team's student section is in front of the SCHS boys locker room. There are cheerleaders along the wall. There are always many people standing in the doorway either watching the game, socializing, or antagonizing the opponent's student section. This creates a huge bottleneck and SCHS has been very lucky that nothing has happened before now.

It concerns me that blame is being placed on people that should not be blamed. SCHS players should have been rushed into their locker room as quickly as the LCHS players were. Why this did not happen is beyond me. There is a head coach and many assistant coaches. SOMEONE should have taken responsibility and gotten those players out of that situation. I did not see many officers before this happened. At other gymnasiums, officers make themselves visible to the crowd.

I do hope TSSAA does look at this situation seriously. We were all very lucky that the outcome was not worse than it was.

My comments were to say that I am sure the LCHS student wasn't totally innocent in this situation, saying nothing about the student's (apostrophe before the s) intelligence.

The apostrophe was to represent more than one student since, because you do not know the student in question, it was a general characterization of all LCHS students.

Hate to see you go.