Coffee County Girls

bigmoney128

Six weeks ago we would have probably lost that game last night, but the girls are learning how to win. To me, it looks like they are starting to believe in one another. All the girls contributed to the win and the excitement shows on their faces. There were a couple of instances late in the 4th quarter that they could have folded, but they kept pushing.Keep it going girls.

Pearlball, I agree with your post....There is some good things happening if these girls are working together and the coach plays a big part on the positive outcome too. I don't have a daughter at Coffee County but I do know Mr. Muckle really well as a coach and an individual. He also coached my daughters and I have one that will be heading to college next year with a full scholarship in basketball. I attribute her success to having the great coaches, including Mr. Muckle, along the way. He truly cares about every one of the girls and the parents need to stand behind him and quit trying to find fault in him. You could not ask for a more knowledgeable, caring person who really wants to make these girls the best that they can be.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

He has a couple of starters and 8 solid freshmen returning and finished third in the district. I say give the man one or two more years and see what can happen.

It wasnt like they were knocking down the door when the job was posted last time.

Thats the problem NO consistence to the staff here. Lets get mad and get rid of a coach after a year or two.

Parents will ALWAYS complain.

Seen state championship teams that have someone who didnt get the ball enough or enough playing time.

Will he get another year? With some of the yahoos around the program, who knows!!!

Freshman team was 19-0. Varsity went to region for the first time in several years so give the man a chance. The players and coaches in the sports programs are my friends and we need to give each more than a couple of years to win. Get behind the whole program and see what happens. Positive feedback to coaches and players is needed in the athletic programs, parents and fans this means you.

Freshman team was 19-0. Varsity went to region for the first time in several years so give the man a chance. The players and coaches in the sports programs are my friends and we need to give each more than a couple of years to win. Get behind the whole program and see what happens. Positive feedback to coaches and players is needed in the athletic programs, parents and fans this means you.

I agree with you, give him a chance because I know personally that he definitely can turn programs around and with the great group of freshman coming in, it is only positive all the way around. He knows the game and if the parents would just back him, instead of trying to find fault in him, the sky is the limit for the team. It is easy to find fault in anyone if you look close enough....Take a look at the positives thus far and the program wasn't great when he came. He makes the girls work but there is nothing wrong with that because it takes hard work to get better. I want a coach that is going to push my child to be the best that they can be. I want a coach that makes the children understand that you have to respect others and has morals and values and structure. There is no coach or person that is going to please everyone but if you just knew how much passion he has for these girls in making them better, you would never be able to say anything because HE CARES.... AND HE DEFINITELY KNOWS THE GAME...PARENTS SUPPORT THE COACH AND WATCH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Amen. I was trying to ignore "crimson" but......I saw a lot of improvement in the team as the year went on. Granted, the team stumbled a bit down the stretch, but they are still learning how to take care of their business in some regards. Also, 3 of the last 4 losses came against good PROGRAMS,not just good teams. Coach Muckle is trying to build a program. A parent told me at an elementary school game that Coach and some volunteers had organized AAU teams with kids from every age group from 9 years old to the high school level and that Coach Muckle was coaching either the 10 or 11 year olds himself. He is obviously putting in the time and effort and no one disputes his knowledge so the detractors and ones with personal agendas should get behind the coaches and the kids and support them.

Some of you Coffee Co fans need to quit whining about Coach Muckle. Yall have the best high school girls bkb program in Coffee Co. If you were a THS girls bkb fan, I could understand. Coach Jobe has resigned at Tullahoma, after one season, so Tullahoma, once again is looking for a coach. With an unbeaten freshman team, the future looks real good for Coffee Co and Coach Muckle. I'm sure most Tullahoma fans would like to have Coach Muckle in Tullahoma, but I don't see that happening. After reading all the posts, there were several people that thought Coach Muckle was doing a good job and most any coach should have at least 4 years to rebuild a program. I wish Coffee Co good luck next season, but I also wish that Coffee Co was still in District 8AAA. It will always be a great rival for THS.

I wish the freshman young ladies and other young ladies nothing but the best, but being 19 - 0 in freshman basketball is a not the same as varsity basketball, not taking anything away from the freshman young ladies accomplishments, but you have got to be real. As for being in the region for the first time in a few years, lets not forget that coffee county changed districts this year , going from a far better district with 8 teams to a weaker one with 5, making it a lot easier to qualify for the region tournament being that you only have to finish next to last to qualify. Same thing in football, remember coffee county finished 3 - 7 and was in the playoffs. In my opinion coffee county needs to start looking at the facts and start realizing that just because u qualify for the playoffs or region does not mean u have a winning program or that u are making progress, maybe it just simply means that things have gotten a little bit easier. As for keeping coaches around for a while to see what they can do,

im all for it, but lets remember some of u folks are the same ones that wouldnt get behind the whole program and support the last coach that was here if i remember correctly.

I wish the freshman young ladies and other young ladies nothing but the best, but being 19 - 0 in freshman basketball is a not the same as varsity basketball, not taking anything away from the freshman young ladies accomplishments, but you have got to be real. As for being in the region for the first time in a few years, lets not forget that coffee county changed districts this year , going from a far better district with 8 teams to a weaker one with 5, making it a lot easier to qualify for the region tournament being that you only have to finish next to last to qualify. Same thing in football, remember coffee county finished 3 - 7 and was in the playoffs. In my opinion coffee county needs to start looking at the facts and start realizing that just because u qualify for the playoffs or region does not mean u have a winning program or that u are making progress, maybe it just simply means that things have gotten a little bit easier. As for keeping coaches around for a while to see what they can do,

im all for it, but lets remember some of u folks are the same ones that wouldnt get behind the whole program and support the last coach that was here if i remember correctly.

If you are refering to me you know who I am and support every coach including golf. LOL. I guess I'm a homer unlike you who I guess is a wanna be coach. I've been a part of the Coffee Co. program for 18 years in some way and want us to win in every sport but it's hard unless we leave the coaching to coaches. Maybe that's why we have a big turnover in basketball (girls) and football. We leave other coaches alone and they win.