Why the problem at the DUALS?

PUMMELKING

You want bad officiating? Try this call out. State championship match. Two GREAT wrestlers, 30 seconds to go in the match 1-0 score, no stalling all out war. Whistle blows. Referee gives the kid that was down a point. Why? The other kid's singlet slide up his leg and exposed a bit of his undershorts! That kid lost in OT....he was a senior. Thanks ref, nice call. BTW that was the only such call of that nature all year anyone could remember. Following the letter of the rules or just wanting to be the focus of attention?

A few years ago the rule book stated that compression and bicycle shorts were not proper eguipment. It also stated that boxers shorts were not to extend below the singlet. It is a technical violation to report to the mat not properly equipped.

Now let's look at Rule 3-1-8 Referees and Their Duties.....The referee shall be firm in enforcing the letter and spirit of the rules, consistently penalizing infractions. The referee must enforce penalties for infractions explained in Rule 7 and Rule 8 without hesitation.

Funny thing is that coaches, parents and fans want the official to call everything that they see unless it is something that they do not agree with. Then it becomes nit picky. People fuss about consistency but want officials to pick and choose whcih rules to enforce. Hmmmmm...sounds like a double standard, don't ya think.

In my 18 years as an official, I have heard Ronnie Carter make a statement something like this...."If you don't like a rule, enforce it." The theory being that enough complaints will hit the rules committee and the rule will get changed. That is what happened in the case of the compression and bicycle shorts with the exception of having tights that extend below the knee (they still must have a stirrup at the bottom).

With all that being said, would you like officials to pick and choose which infractions to enforce and hope that it is something that you agree with, or would you want the official to enforce all infractions (see Rule 3-1-8) and be consistent?

One more thing, if there is a rule you don't like, complain to NFHS. They write the book that officials enforce. :thumb:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha I bet their last names start with C and end with dale :lol:

Dude, I don't know who you are or what hole you crawled out of, but the world would be a better place if you crawled back in it. This is a wrestling board to talk about wrestling not your personal problem with me, my son or my brother.

Oh Stanley,I dont have a personal problem with yal! You and your son are just perfect examples of a sub-par official with an over inflated ego lol.

Lets make a deal Clouseau..."I'll crawl back in my hole" when ever you take off the stripes. Because the wrestling world would be a much better place without you.

P.S. Is there not some sort of hidden clause saying that you cant be a ref if you get beat by girls? hahaha :lol:

You made it personal when you called us by name. You must be "the girl" since you are not man enough to show yourself. You do not know me at all, if you think I have an inflated ego. Your the one that has the inflated ego, because you think you are the greatest "official" from 100 feet away. One of the best coaches I know, apologized to me and some other officials for everything he ever said about our officiating after he put on the stripes. It's always easer from the stands, come on, put on the stripes, show us how great you are.

You made it personal when you called us by name. You must be "the girl" since you are not man enough to show yourself. You do not know me at all, if you think I have an inflated ego. Your the one that has the inflated ego, because you think you are the greatest "official" from 100 feet away. One of the best coaches I know, apologized to me and some other officials for everything he ever said about our officiating after he put on the stripes. It's always easer from the stands, come on, put on the stripes, show us how great you are.

wow, you guys need to take this to the parking lot. :lol:

Dude, I don't know who you are or what hole you crawled out of, but the world would be a better place if you crawled back in it. This is a wrestling board to talk about wrestling not your personal problem with me, my son or my brother.

Oh Stanley,I dont have a personal problem with yal! You and your son are just perfect examples of a sub-par official with an over inflated ego lol.

Lets make a deal Clouseau..."I'll crawl back in my hole" when ever you take off the stripes. Because the wrestling world would be a much better place without you.

P.S. Is there not some sort of hidden clause saying that you cant be a ref if you get beat by girls? hahaha :thumb:

I agree! You called us out on here which made it personal. I am not sure who you are. I have some idea but I would love for you to come out and show us how the "best official ever" gets the job done. So come on man up stop hiding behind a screen name.

-Lucas

^My Name its that simple.

Awh! they invited the baby out to play haha. C'mon now 2blLeg everybody knows that Frog Horn-Leg Horn are much to cowardly to do such a thing as that, esp after Lucas already got taken out via a headbutt at Maury haha.

Let's see here who the coward is............?????? That would be you, the one hiding behind the screen name, to scared to come out and play with the big boys. Come on, it's time for you to put up or shut up. Be a man, and put a name with that "smart mouth".

P.S. It was not at Maury it was at Jefferson, if you are going to be a "Smart A.." get your facts straight.

They didn't invite me. I have been on here the whole time. I suggest Mr. FHU423 you keep your mouth shut or come out and show your face. By the way... If you are gonna create a screen name create one that actually symbolizes you... Your acronym is something we all know you can't do! You can't even come out and tell us who you are. Its really easy to say stuff behind a screen name on a message board. You have pissed off 3 of us in this family. Ever heard the phrase "Don't mess with my family" well i suggest thats what you do! :x