The Pirates from SP Spring Workouts/Scrimmages

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate was a wondering if every player is talked to individually about their expective involvement on the team. Expectations are always high round the speedway, so OP is a looking for some real ear holing come fall. Still haven't seen or heard any youngons ready for Popeye commercials.

Zone.... I believe you are correct about the scrimmage being at R'dale. Rumor was they wanted to have it at MTSU, but was denied. I think they were going to charge an outrageous amount for the facilities, which doesn't make very much sense to me. With two former Pirates now playing for the Blue Raiders, looks to me like they would welcome your program on campus.

Mike.... as for us this year. We lost tons to graduation. However, we do return all but one (I think) interior lineman (excluding our two big TE's...Ford and Gregory), so we should be solid up front on both sides of the ball. We're a little short staffed on assistant coaching at the moment, with one heading to R'dale and one heading to Dekalb (hometown). Skill peeps = ????, going to be a little inexperienced. Should be a hard hitting, knock down, drag out. Nothing new there. Haven't heard anything about it being a three way, though. I'm not sure we should invite anyone else to little our party.....probably just hold both of us back!

All that being said....you know how these scrimmages go.....

Seven,how you been? It should be a good showing for both squads no matter where it's played. I have no idea why MTSU did or didn't ok this game.But i've not heard of a major university hosting a high school scrimmage .And it's great that MTSU is going to give Tacola Seay a good look as a walk-on this summer. I think he'll turn out too.These Pirates are young still but seasoned.And our quarterback situation will be a main point of interest.I think we will have no problem at finding the right fit there.

I was driving my the field yesterday and I saw some of those runners out their working on their 50 yard dashes and jumping over something. Let me ask you a question. It looked like some girls were out their running too. Has Grider got some girls on the team this year as kickers? Those girls looked like they were running real fast. You think Im joking cause im not.

We're Dem Huzzies Wearing Dem Dare Ankle Weights? :lol: Or Was It A Catch Em Kiss Em Contest? :lol:

Now Butchie, Old Pirate is a figuring them girls is jest skillet slingers in training and they's is helping them youngons with speed drills. Recon a girl with a skillet could make a feller increase them fast twitch muscles. :lol:

Well OP, I'd See Where's Ducking Skillets Would Make Ya Run All Hunkered Down And Extemely Fast.

Maybe The Secret Is Out Around South Pitt!

The boys will be fine...should make a strong run this year again...Travis should be fine at qb but do not expect him to throw it like Terrell...Anybodys guess is as good as mine but I would say alot of 2 back sets out of the gun this year and little hitches and slant routes to the speedy wr's. Only about 3 1/2 more months til showtime.

Let me ask you a question. Why is Grider having that practice game with trousdale over in Murfreesboro? Are they going to be charging to get into that game. That is the biggest bunch of mess i have ever heard of. You think im joking cause im not. I was hoping they would have to come to our place this year for a practice game. Let me ask you another question. Is Grider getting a pep bus for people to ride to this practice game like he did to that game in Knoxville last year? I sure hope he is so I will be able to go. I hope that the bus driver wont get lost like he did in Knoxville last year. I was looking at the forecast and it is supposed to be warm the rest of the month, so I will bring the boys some red bulls to give them so extra energy.

We're Dem Huzzies Wearing Dem Dare Ankle Weights? :D Or Was It A Catch Em Kiss Em Contest? :D

Now Butchie, Old Pirate is a figuring them girls is jest skillet slingers in training and they's is helping them youngons with speed drills. Recon a girl with a skillet could make a feller increase them fast twitch muscles. :D

Well OP, I'd See Where's Ducking Skillets Would Make Ya Run All Hunkered Down And Extemely Fast.

Maybe The Secret Is Out Around South Pitt!

Butchie, Old Pirate ain't never worried about them SP youngons being a slow at running them 50 yard dashes. :D OP has a growing concern about being ear holed again by some youngons that out work the Pirates in "The Weight House". You's right about running a hunkered down, recon running from a skillet makes a youngon learn how to run low. :D

Lest ways the Pirates will be talented but young at the skill positions.

Well Bigpak,it's just that T.Millard has been around this program for sum time waiting his turn. I think he is capable to get the job done. And T.Chubb is a winner with tremendous play-making skills.We've been with them since grasshopper days.And we know what they are capable of doing.SP will have strong leadership at this position. I have little doubt.

OP was a wonderin if any of the speedway boys have become candidates for popeye commercials yet? Dad burnit, practice starts tomorrow. Hopin the Pirates have been workin hard in "The Weight House" this offseason. OP stills is a hurtin over that ear holing from UC. Lest ways, the pads will be popping tomorrow.

OP was a wonderin if any of the speedway boys have become candidates for popeye commercials yet? Dad burnit, practice starts tomorrow. Hopin the Pirates have been workin hard in "The Weight House" this offseason. OP stills is a hurtin over that ear holing from UC. Lest ways, the pads will be popping tomorrow.

Your Whinning About A Union City Earholing......Our Arse Is Still Chapped From The Scorching We Got From Ya'll. ;)

Your Whinning About A Union City Earholing......Our Arse Is Still Chapped From The Scorching We Got From Ya'll. ;)

Butchie, Strange how some things jest linger on & on & on after a ear holing..................... ;)