The Pirates from SP Spring Workouts/Scrimmages

OLD PIRATE

I watched the scrimmage friday and SP look pretty good still need to work on some thing but what I think they need to work on the most is there pass defense. Seq is not that good of a passing team and they completed a few passes they shouldnt have. Seq running back is a good hard runner and SP defense did a good job on him and there line but the corners and safety need a little more work. But SP should be a tough team to deal with again this year.

yes Pitt I totally agree. Speed back tend to get outside and get 10 or so yds. They don't break long runs, but they get first downs. Yes, we were making the QB scramble a lot, but even a good QB will get a few passes off here and there. I am wondering when, in this situation, will we ever drop back into 2 safeties?

Vic's mother-in-law had passed away. That is why he was a little late. Everyone needs to remember Tracey and the Tucker family right now and keep them in your prayers.

As for the scrimmage, SP at times looked pretty good. And at times they played pretty uninspired. Sequatchie had something to say about how SP played at times though. I think the Indians will give a few teams fits this year. Signal may not walk over them as many feel. They barely got out of Dunlap last year with their scalp. Anyway, there are a few kinks for the Pirates to work out but I think all will be fine. Anyone have any info on the players that got banged up a little?

From what I heard everyone is ago for the Jamboree

yes Pitt I totally agree. Speed back tend to get outside and get 10 or so yds. They don't break long runs, but they get first downs. Yes, we were making the QB scramble a lot, but even a good QB will get a few passes off here and there. I am wondering when, in this situation, will we ever drop back into 2 safeties?

we have a nickle defense

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and Grider does not mention anything about a nickel defense. What is all this mess about? How do you make a nickel? That would be putting five guys in a cirle. You think Im joking cause im not. I am ready for this jamboree. Let me ask you a question. Who is Grider letting run in that fastest 50 yard dash contest? I hope whoever it is that boy is running extra this week with his ankle weights on. If not, he will not win that contest. You think im joking cause im not. I will be there and I will make sure to bring plenty of red bulls.

I hope not only are the boy's learning something from the scrimage's but also the coach's. We have had to much talent at SP to have won only four state title's. Everyone need's to take practice and scrimage's serious,EVERYONE!!!!Just bc we're SP doesn't mean crap. We better be ready to play or we'll get a dose of reality by a few teams this year if all we do is think we can come out and show up. I'm looking forward to this season after ending it on a sour note last year. Also we better do a better job in our xtra point's this year or that will bite us. After what I have heard and seen so far it might be better to just line up and go for two. Goodluck to all the Valley teams this year and I'm looking forward to talking with my coach t buddies once again this year.

I hope not only are the boy's learning something from the scrimage's but also the coach's. We have had to much talent at SP to have won only four state title's. Everyone need's to take practice and scrimage's serious,EVERYONE!!!!Just bc we're SP doesn't mean crap. We better be ready to play or we'll get a dose of reality by a few teams this year if all we do is think we can come out and show up. I'm looking forward to this season after ending it on a sour note last year. Also we better do a better job in our xtra point's this year or that will bite us. After what I have heard and seen so far it might be better to just line up and go for two. Goodluck to all the Valley teams this year and I'm looking forward to talking with my coach t buddies once again this year.

Well what you heard is right, we havent had a desent kicker since 07. I dont know why we dont take that serious and get and develop a good kicker. If it comes down to a close one this year we will have to go for two because that kid I saw the other night didnt even make one extra point.

Well what you heard is right, we havent had a desent kicker since 07. I dont know why we dont take that serious and get and develop a good kicker. If it comes down to a close one this year we will have to go for two because that kid I saw the other night didnt even make one extra point.

YEAH MY SON WENT TO THAT GAME AND HE SAID THE KICKING WAS AWFUL. I DON'T KNOW WHY WE DON'T LET SOMEBODY JUST DO THAT THE WHOLE PRACTICE AND NOTHING ELSE. I BET THE DUDE AT UNION CITY LAST YEAR DID ALOT OF PRACTICING ALTHOUGH HE DIDN'T NEED MUCH. OH WELL I'VE SEEN IT LOSE AND WIN US GAMES. I HEARD TRAVIS DID A GOOD JOB OF PUNTING BUT I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO PUNT TO MUCH. WHY DOESN'T SP EVER GET AN EXCHANGE STUDENT WHO CAN KICK THE CRAP OUT OF A BALL.