Hampton 2010

pujo

It would be impossible to pick a clear cut favorite this early! After spring I will be able to tell you alot more. Cosby definitley returns the single best player and probably lost the least ,BUT we will still be very young over all. We had to play so many freshmen last year and will have to play them all again as soph. I look for us to be REALLY good in a couple more years.

Hampton has the tradition and solid coaching to be able to field yet another top team , I would probably pick them if I had to pick someone right now to win the region.

Cloudland was alot better than their record last year and they won't be a slouch this year either. Robbie is doing a good job competing with much larger schools such as Cosby Hampton and Unaka.

Unaka who knows? They have the personell in the school to be VERY good just depends on if they play and can get along with coaches all year. This is yet another team that was better than their record last year.

Hancock will probably be slightly better this year if they can manage to keep their coach there , I heard he was looking to get out.

N.G. is also looking for a new coach I heard. They are a few years away from being competitive again.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be impossible to pick a clear cut favorite this early! After spring I will be able to tell you alot more. Cosby definitley returns the single best player and probably lost the least ,BUT we will still be very young over all. We had to play so many freshmen last year and will have to play them all again as soph. I look for us to be REALLY good in a couple more years.

Hampton has the tradition and solid coaching to be able to field yet another top team , I would probably pick them if I had to pick someone right now to win the region.

Cloudland was alot better than their record last year and they won't be a slouch this year either. Robbie is doing a good job competing with much larger schools such as Cosby Hampton and Unaka.

Unaka who knows? They have the personell in the school to be VERY good just depends on if they play and can get along with coaches all year. This is yet another team that was better than their record last year.

Hancock will probably be slightly better this year if they can manage to keep their coach there , I heard he was looking to get out.

N.G. is also looking for a new coach I heard. They are a few years away from being competitive again.

A big amen to everything you said Old Eagle, another thing is ,you never know what may change from now until the season starts.My guess is ,it will be a 4 team race.

• 2 weeks later...

This bunch of kids know how to work, Happened to be at weight training session today and I'm impressed. A few really stood out, but with the dedication the whole group has,its a pretty special bunch. Hard to say how many wins they might have,but if you get what you work for ,it will be several. I'll be proud to cheer for you boys.

With the conference hampton is in no need to worry about conferece champion. hampton belongs in the same division as happy valley, unicoi, Johnson county. there schedule is pittiful!!!!!!!

Well, they can't really help the conference they are in. They played up in playing AAA Johnson County twice, AAA Happy Valley, 4A Sullivan East, and AAA Unicoi Co. I'm not sure who else you think they should play? Maybe they can schedule the Steelers next year?

With the conference hampton is in no need to worry about conferece champion. hampton belongs in the same division as happy valley, unicoi, Johnson county. there schedule is pittiful!!!!!!!

What would lead you to that statement, they play the closest school's around that compares with their enrollment, I reckon thats what all schools do. They play the schools you mentioned anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Got to see the Hampton football team workout the other day! They looked really good passing the ball and the kids all worked hard. I think they will be much better than some people think! O. Line is the only qustion mark but they worked very hard also from what I saw.

The line won't be as big as the past few years, but not really small either. They should be quicker, the work ethic is what I really like about this group.They also have several starters back from last years team. I wouldn't make any predictions as of now, but if the line can do a good job and they can find a couple of good receivers, they'll be tough.