Hampton 2010

pujo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to pujo and the bulldogs from down at the speedway.

Likewise OLD PIRATE, I fully expect to see you guys in the Championship game again this season. Wish you guys were in the big 1a, not alot of comp for you on the East side. I'm guessing Gordonsville will be you're toughest test this season.

What about the tailback? I heard you all might have a good one.

Should be fine in the backfield, QB will be a good one, several good backs, got size and speed. Should have a few good kids to catch the ball. But as always ,it all comes down to the line and they do have some experience, still have to have some young guys step up. These kids seem to have the eye of the tiger. Got 2 really tough scrimmages in the spring, if they can hold their own against these 2, they won;t play anyone any tougher in the regular season, May not have the QB in the spring ,may also be without the baseball players, that could really hurt, because they have several starters who play baseball. Thats not all bad, get some of the younger guys a chance to get they;re feet wet. My guess is ,they'll have a pretty good year.

Should be fine in the backfield, QB will be a good one, several good backs, got size and speed. Should have a few good kids to catch the ball. But as always ,it all comes down to the line and they do have some experience, still have to have some young guys step up. These kids seem to have the eye of the tiger. Got 2 really tough scrimmages in the spring, if they can hold their own against these 2, they won;t play anyone any tougher in the regular season, May not have the QB in the spring ,may also be without the baseball players, that could really hurt, because they have several starters who play baseball. Thats not all bad, get some of the younger guys a chance to get they;re feet wet. My guess is ,they'll have a pretty good year.

Who you guys got scrims with?

Who you guys got scrims with?

Play Volunteer, doubt you would know anything about them, they are a 5a school, usually have quite a bit of talent. The other game is against Gatlinburg Pittman. Both should be real good scrimmages. From what I'm hearing now, we may have the QB. Coaches should be able to find alot of areas to improve in. If not ,we need new Coaches. lol

Whats up with you fellers, you shoulds have several new starters. These spring games really help to see what you;ve got.

Actually I know where Volunteer is. I acutally got married up your way April 24th. A lot of my wifes family lives in the Church Hill / Kingsport area. I have been so busy lately I have not made it down to the school. We got a new offensive coordinator so we will see how that goes. I will be going to catch a few tournament soccer games so I'm sure I will get some info. on them. I do know the lines will probably be bigger, but bigger is not always better. Need them to mature as a group. Buc55 probably knows more than I do at this point. :roflol:

Hey Pujo! GP will definately be a test. Volunteer not so much, I think you guys will be a lot better than them. Still a good scrimmage though. Good Luck. See you around.

Good to hear from you, also glad to hear you will be helping with the bb team. Wish you were still with football. I do think that Coach Overbay can be a big plus.

As far as the Volunteer scrimmage goes, Hampton will probably be without several starters because of baseball. Volunteer in up and down. Hard to say if they will be up or down this year. My guess is ,they will also be without the baseball players. May not matter with them,alot of the bigger schools have alot more one sport players. I'll just be glad to catch a little of my favorite sport. I also hope Cloudland plays South Greene up here.