Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

To engage any of you guys in a factual conversation is pointless. FACTS ARE FACTS regardless of opinions or heresay. FACT:Your SRO was out of line! FACT:Your Cheerleader did get run over , unintentionally! FACT: Don Embry was not talking trash to your fans! He ignored a lot of profanity and obscene gestures toward him. I probably would be in jail had I been in his shoes.

I realize this website is operated from Lawrence County. I think that speaks for itself to the biased approach to everything being said about this issue.

A statewide website covering every school in Tennessee and PROUDLY operated from Lawrence County.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's done is done! He said this and she said that. The sad truth is the players are paying the price for a bad decision. I for one am a little surprised with Andrews punishment. I figured a two game suspension and on to the tournament. That is what the coach got for his actions. Don't string me up for saying that, I am just saying what happened to SCHS's coach. Will we ever find out how the punishments were determined, the fines that were supposedly issued and wether this punishment was from the TSSAA or the school administration?

Note: If you do not like this site DAVE, LEAVE!!!

What's done is done! He said this and she said that. The sad truth is the players are paying the price for a bad decision. I for one am a little surprised with Andrews punishment. I figured a two game suspension and on to the tournament. That is what the coach got for his actions. Don't string me up for saying that, I am just saying what happened to SCHS's coach. Will we ever find out how the punishments were determined, the fines that were supposedly issued and wether this punishment was from the TSSAA or the school administration?

Note: If you do not like this site DAVE, LEAVE!!!

No one except the schools' administrators and the TSSAA really know what the punishments are. The TSSAA has contacted LCHS, for example, but only tells them what they have received as punishment. That gives each school time to respond. Anything you read on here today about SCHS's punishment came from people at SCHS and vice versa. I don't even know what the LCHS punishments are because there were still some questions that the administration at LCHS had and needed to get answers to those before releasing anything themselves. Tomorrow the TSSAA will give those letters to any media that asks but will not make a press release concerning the punishment. That is left up to the media to report.

Coach Thomas's two-game suspension was for the two technicals he received, not for anything else that occurred after the game.

CoachT.......I am not sure this is the correct place to do this but after what was just posted I would like to thank you for getting the facts on this matter. No matter which way you look at this topic it gives both schools a black eye. I appreciate you posting the pictures of the LCHS students and making the statement about them be good kids because they are. They represent our school well and this pride they show trickles down from the administration at LCHS!!

Coach T. Will you post the punishments on the website tomorrow? If not where can they be found if the Press gets them?

I will request them tomorrow from the TSSAA but other media members will probably publish the info before I get the chance. I will post them when able, though.

Coach T are you insinuating that SCHS hasn't taken any responsibility?? I know for a fact that Mr. Embry had an meeting with all players, cheerleaders, and students who attended the ballgame Friday night. He asked students to show class and represent our school in a positive manner. I can assure you actions have been taken at SCHS.

I did but I didn't intend to. I had gone back and edited my post to say SCHS fans, meaning the ones that post on here.

Not sure Mr. Embry has taken responsibility for some of the comments he made to LCHS fans and parents that night, though, comments which were about as classless and negative as you can get.

Ok CoachT, I tried to get this point across on another thread only to be told to go to another thread. Let's try this. If we can talk about the SCHS Principal on the Emmanuel Andrews thread then this should be ok. We'll see.

If the SCHS Principal should take responsibility for his alleged comments can the Lawrence County people who accused the Shelbyville Coach of assault and stated that he pushed a cheerleader down take responsibility for theirs?

You stated earlier that the cheerleaders parents did not want to pursue charges because they felt that what the coach did was in their words, "not malicious". That means there was not Intent. In other words, an accident. He had enough class to apologize for an accident and these parents had enough class to admit that he did not mean to do it. Can you or any of the Lawernce County who have and continue to bash the coach extend that same apology to him?

Step up people. The parents admitted it. Can you?

Coach T are you insinuating that SCHS hasn't taken any responsibility?? I know for a fact that Mr. Embry had an meeting with all players, cheerleaders, and students who attended the ballgame Friday night. He asked students to show class and represent our school in a positive manner. I can assure you actions have been taken at SCHS.

I did but I didn't intend to. I had gone back and edited my post to say SCHS fans, meaning the ones that post on here.

Not sure Mr. Embry has taken responsibility for some of the comments he made to LCHS fans and parents that night, though, comments which were about as classless and negative as you can get.

Ok CoachT, I tried to get this point across on another thread only to be told to go to another thread. Let's try this. If we can talk about the SCHS Principal on the Emmanuel Andrews thread then this should be ok. We'll see.

If the SCHS Principal should take responsibility for his alleged comments can the Lawrence County people who accused the Shelbyville Coach of assault and stated that he pushed a cheerleader down take responsibility for theirs?

You stated earlier that the cheerleaders parents did not want to pursue charges because they felt that what the coach did was in their words, "not malicious". That means there was not Intent. In other words, an accident. He had enough class to apologize for an accident and these parents had enough class to admit that he did not mean to do it. Can you or any of the Lawernce County who have and continue to bash the coach extend that same apology to him?

Step up people. The parents admitted it. Can you?

We admitted that it wasn't malicious, in the family's judgment. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. The SRO's actions at the time were based on what he saw happen, not knowing the intent. The family could change their mind at any time, if they so choose. Since the father is a lawyer he knows that better than I. Might be best to just let it drop.

I have tried to not comment on this particular subject because I didn't see it. I can say though that an apology would not necessarily be necessary. Even though he didn't intend to do it it could have possibly been avoided. In that case you don't have to apologize. Your throwing a ball in the house. You break your mom's favorite vase. It was an accident and you didn't mean it. You say your sorry. Your mom whips you. How many times does she say sorry? The broken vase could've been avoided. The cheerleader getting pushed down also could've been avoided.