7-AA tournament

Indian

Matchups should be set regardless of what happens in the remaining regular season games

1-Chattanooga Christian vs 4-Bledsoe/5-Notre Dame winner 2-Grundy County vs Sequatchie

Sequatchie has two regular season games remaining, at Grundy and at Whitwell. They will be looking to enter the tournament on a high note after a disappointing loss to Chattanooga Christian earlier this week. Sequatchie started out ahead 10-0, still led by 9 at the half but CCS closed the gap in the third quarter. Sequatchie never trailed until the last two minutes of the game, CCS was ahead by just two with 45 seconds left but made 9-10 FT in the fourth quarter. Sequatchie limited turnovers to 6 against a virtual non-stop press, rebounded well, but had a poor shooting night despite many open looks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy 42-38 over Sequatchie tonight at Grundy, this outcome didn't affect the tournament. Grundy led by 3 after one, by 8 at the half, by 15 after three and looked to have the game in control at 34-19. Sequatchie pressed hard to start the fourth, forced 6 turnovers in the first three minutes of the quarter. Grundy still led 39-29 with 3:00 left but Sequatchie had 2 FT from McAfee, a three-pointer by McDonough and a steal and 2 FT from Barker, 41-36 with about a minute left. 42-38 on 2 more Barker FT after that but Sequatchie also missed 2 late and blew an open lay-up, those were disappointing.

For Sequatchie Barker scored 14, 6 assists, 5 rebounds. She shot badly in the first three quarters but scored 12 in the fourth, was 8-8 FT in the fourth and also had 4 steals in the quarter. She needs to make the open shots, and they were there often. Greene had 10 points, 9 rebounds. Sequatchie did a good job rebounding with 3 sophomore posts (Greene, Lawson, McAfee), had a higher percentage of offensive rebounds per missed field goal, and had 11 offensive rebounds to 5 for Grundy (sero in the second half). Not sure of totals but Wiseman and Coffelt looked to have scored about 12 or 14 each for Grundy.

Is Wiseman injured? She seemed to have a limp and normally has alot of points and normally plays more. Good game by Grundy for 3 quarters and good game by Seq. for 1 qtr. Not sure why Grundy was not able to break that press, but from here on out they will see harder presses. Refs allowed the girls to play which was to Grundy's advantage. I was glad to see them play aggressive defense. Good luck to both teams in the tourney.

She came in a couple of minutes into the game, it was senior night or I have no doubt she'd have been starting. I didn't see it affecting her game. You sound a little annoyed she wasn't the leading scorer by far. She gets plenty of defensive attention and rightfully so. She was denied the ball some by the defense (6'0", 5'10", 5'9" guarding her) and other times Coffelt was more open. And other times outside players had the open shot so why force it into the paint risking a turnover. They were on a pace to score 50 or so, a decent total, before committing 8 turnovers in the fourth quarter. Don't make it sound as if she put up double figures on one leg in 2 minutes, or it prevented the game from being a 30 point runaway (which was predicted on here after the earlier game in Dunlap). Even if she was out, injuries are part of it especially late in the year. CCS has Jones out, Sequatchie has one of their best shooters out and already had a young roster to begin with (now with 0 seniors, 2 juniors) Teams adapt or they lose. The press worked because the defenders were relatively fresh, got to where they needed to be and anticipated well, and a couple of the players from Grundy looked a little shellshocked. It nearly resulted in a win, the 15 points were just a bit too much to overcome. I'm sure Sequatchie learned a lot about what works well and will carry that over to next week's game. The focus now is on Whitwell, if they don't play well they'll lose tonight.

Chattanooga Christian and Grundy into the finals. I was told CCS won 47-41 over Bledsoe. Grundy won 48-39 over Sequatchie at Grundy. Sequatchie trailed by 6 at halftime but led 30-28 going into the fourth. Grundy took the lead for good with 5:30 left with their posts getting most of the points after both of Sequatchie's starting posts had fouled out (a key part of any game, not just this one). Up until then both had scored some but hadn't been overwhelming. In the last couple of minutes the lead ranged from 7-10. Sequatchie plays Bledsoe Monday unless any crazy weather causes changes, Grundy vs CCS Tuesday.

Chattanooga Christian and Grundy into the finals. I was told CCS won 47-41 over Bledsoe. Grundy won 48-39 over Sequatchie at Grundy. Sequatchie trailed by 6 at halftime but led 30-28 going into the fourth. Grundy took the lead for good with 5:30 left with their posts getting most of the points after both of Sequatchie's starting posts had fouled out (a key part of any game, not just this one). Up until then both had scored some but hadn't been overwhelming. In the last couple of minutes the lead ranged from 7-10. Sequatchie plays Bledsoe Monday unless any crazy weather causes changes, Grundy vs CCS Tuesday.

Where are the games being played? What times?

Note to "New" posters and/or sock puppets- When your very first post on the site is taking shots at an entire community you're not starting off on the right foot.

I suggest you find a better way to make a first impression or next time your posts may not only disappear but your entire computer/ISP address could get locked out from posting. :ph34r:

Anyone else care to say something stupid or can I put my broom up? :flower:

DL.

No apparantly you are way overly sensitive; and I don't even see you deleting Grundy County's personal attacks on individuals. If you need to do something you might want to block my IP address rather than my ISP address because then EVERYONE who uses my service provider couldn't get on. Seeing as we hold a degree in computer science. You can block my IP too if you feel the need because I can get a new one in about the length of time it took you to delete it; (probably faster) however, why would I even bother.

Good day.

1. Your very first post on the site...if you are new...is a shot at an entire community and you don't see anything wrong with that?

2. If that's true it makes me wonder about everything else you just posted and if a word of that is true.

3. If you want to dance with ISPs, IPs or BR549s I'll call Jim (CoachT) have him call the tech guru (which ain't me) and let him fight the battle.

4. Please point me to the other posts you're talking about. I'm not afraid to delete someone from Grundy's posts either. I've done it plenty of times. I don't get on here all the time so I'm sure I could miss lots. Point me in the right direction and I'll get my broom back out.

DL.