District 14a Tourneys

west15

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you bigster, you have got it figured out. Bring you an orange cap for game two and I'll wear a green something for game one. I'll see you at the game.

That sounds like a good idea..Don't trick me though...lol..! Good luck to Greenfield tonight..Lake Co may not make state..Greenfield may not either..But if Greenfield does..I'm pulling for yall..I can honestly say now..nothing against Bradford,Humboldt,Gleason or Middleton etc..I'm hoping for the Lady Jackets and Lady Falcons to be at State...But if we're not and any of those teams are..will definitely be pulling for them.!But a long way and some tough games before we can think about that.!

Rascal,

I agree with you about the refs. That was some terrible officiating tonight..in both games...on both sides. They let the play get way too rough. Never called over the back on rebounds. Missed a ton of calls..walking, 3 seconds, etc. It was terrible. Surely they can find better refs than this to call a district tournament.

The games were good games. Bradford held closer to Lake Co. than what I thought they would. Bradford slowed it waaaaay down, and won the tempo war. But, in the end, Lake Co. had too much firepower for them.

Greenfield started off tense and nervous, and they couldnt hit anything. In the 3rd quarter, they lit it up and took over the game. The final was 56-38.

The Lake Co. vs. Greenfield game Saturday night should be a doozy. Also, the Humboldt vs. Bradford game should be a good one, as well.

I agree with the officials letting the game get out of hand ..I hope none of them have the Lake Co-Greenfield game.As soon as I saw the short white official,Ward guy..I told several people we were in for a long night.The only official that could have been worse would have been Fred..We'll probably have him against Greenfield.The very first play..Lake Co was throwing a pass that was hit by a Bradford player and went out of bounds..He was giving the ball to Bradford and another official over ruled his call because it was obvious.Like Volfan said..a lot of walks weren't called..I thought Molly got away with a couple of charges as well as T.T. did once..I remember Combs taking a couple steps in making a three that wasn't called and at the end of the game Lake Co was up by about 2 minutes to play and Lake Co had 10 fouls called on them and Bradford had 2..Bradford had to start fouling and fouled about 3 times pretty quick and fouled T.T. pretty hard a couple times..After about 3 quick fouls and fouling on purpose, Combs grabbed T.T. by the jersey wanting the foul and the ball got away from her and went right to Molly under the basket for an easy layup and with the official right there and Bradford wanting a foul,wasn't called..I guess because the ball went to Bradford for an easy two points..Other than the officiating..Lake Co missed way too many free throws,12 for 24..way to many layups..Carnation probably had about 5 points..Couldn't hit any outside shots from our best shooters..Mariah only had 2 points.She's got to hit for Lake Co to beat Greenfield.I believe T.T. hit 2 outside shots and Shamon Pearson finally hit a shot outside.A lot was Lake Co just missing shots inside but Bradford was battling down low and they played hard..I give Bradgford a lot of credit..Played at their pace..played hard the whole game.Sometimes a team has to find a way to win and Lake Co did that.An ugly win..Will have to play a lot better to beat Greenfield.Congrats to Greenfield on their win..I was hoping they'd win..Let the two best teams go at it..At least we are in opposite brackets in the region no matter what happens Sat. night.The winner will maybe have an easier road..not a guaranteed road but a little easier while the loser will more than likely have to play Gleason in the second round.Glad Lake Co is in the finals of the district but would be much happier if this were the finals of the region and both these teams are the teams playing.! If that happens..I could care less about who Lake Co and Greenfield plays in sub-stats if that were to happen whether Scotts Hill or Middleton were to come to either of our places or we go there..Both out teams have been through some tough games and tough places so I'd like our chances..Just hope we have that opportunity.That's all you can hope for.!

The scary thing is that Greenfield completely dominated and when they look at the film they will find some things to improve on. Greenfield is playing extremely well right now. I know that I am biased, but I give the edge to Greenfield tomorrow night. Good luck girls and let's raise a 14a championship plaque tomorrow night.

I can't blame you being from Greenfield..And Greenfield does have a very good team..Humboldt played without Hubbard for 3 quarters.That's like Lake Co playing without T.T. for 3 quarters.And Humboldt isn't Lake Co..Lake Co has beaten Humboldt twice by 19 and 16 points.I told a friend of mine when Greenfield was down by 8 in the first quarter that Greenfield would win by at least 8 points.As for having the edge..I don't see where you are coming from with that though.Yes..Greenfield played well last night..But Greenfield has had some close games lately against Humboldt and Trenton in previous games..And just a week ago Lake Co beat Bradford by 20..just a couple nights after Greenfield had a closer game with Bradford.And by other scores against the same teams..Lake Co has clearly won by more points..So just because of 1 close game last night..I believe it's only the 2nd single digit game since Christmas..I'm sure Greenfield has had a few since Christmas.I wouldn't let that get me thinking that Greenfield has the edge.Lake Co jst beat Trenton in that same gym about 2 weeks ago by 31 points.I do know Abbot was sick last night although she played better than some others.One thing for certain is both teams know each other..Lake Co knows Katie McCall and Jordan are the two go to girls.They know who the ball handlers are and who probably isn't going to shoot outside..Same the other way..I'm expecting a good game.Going with Lake Co by about 8 ..But I could be wrong.!I just think Lake Co is quicker than most teams and Katie and Jordan will have a tougher time getting the shots they want..Jordan may get hers inside but I look for Katie to struggle getting the shot she wants.!

I AGREE WITH BIGSTER. THE REFS LET THE GAME GET OUT OF HAND. BUT IT WAS THE SAME ON BOTH SIDES OF THE COURT. WALSMITH AND COMBS BOTH WERE HIT IN THE FACE SEVERAL TIMES WHEN LAKE CO. WOULD GO FOR THE BALL. STREET AND WALSMITH GOT FOULED MOST EVERYTIME BRING THE BALL DOWN THE COURT. BUT IT WAS THE SAME ON BOTH SIDES OF THE COURT SO IT WAS A FAIR CALLED GAME. IF THE REFS ARE THE SAME SATURDAY BRADFORD HAS LITTLE CHANCE BECAUSE HUMBOLDT IS A LOT STRONGER. BUT THAT IS BASKETBALL, SOME REFS LET YOU PLAY AND SOME CALL TOUCH FOULS. NO MATTER WHICH WAY THEY CALL IT THE FANS WILL NOT BE HAPPY. :popcorneater::wacko::roll:

Not trying to be a smart butt but i think he said he was biased before he made his prediction. As to the close games Greenfield has had recently, did you think maybe they have been playing vanilla as to not show much before the tournaments? I have been around sports long enough to know that you can not compare scores. It doesn't matter who beat who by how much when these two teams meet Saturday. Good luck to both teams.

Not trying to be a smart butt but i think he said he was biased before he made his prediction. As to the close games Greenfield has had recently, did you think maybe they have been playing vanilla as to not show much before the tournaments? I have been around sports long enough to know that you can not compare scores. It doesn't matter who beat who by how much when these two teams meet Saturday. Good luck to both teams.

I know you cant compare scores..Because Halls inst going to be able to slow T.T. and the others down like Greenfield and Bradford and Gleason can..But I do know some of those vanillas wasnt because Greenfield wasnt wanting to show anything.I mean ..beat Trenton by 1 point..maybe Union City by 2 points..So dont tell me that those were games that Greenfield wasnt wanting to show anything..Maybe South Fulton and Halls..And I dont blame him or anyone from Greenfield from being biased..They should be.Greenfield has an excellent team..I'm biased for Lake Co..The Lady Falcons aren't too shabby either..Last time I looked..they won the district against the same teams..!Should be a great game..Two excellent teams.When I say by 8..that's because I'm hoping Lake Co has about a 4 point lead late in the game and hopefully Lake Co will hit free throws..Lake Co is going to have to hit their free throws.Coach Johnson said Lake Co usually shoots 70 percent on the year..Last night they were 12 for 24.It could be the other way around..Lake Co behind and have to foul.I still think these are two of the best teams in the state...