Corn Elder leaving ENS???

BigENS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not come back to a school where the coach has shown he will showcase your talents.

Or go to a school where all of his family has gone to, and has a even better coach that will make him look like a star in a motion offense that lives and dies off the fast pace tempo than Elder excels at

So yeah......basically nothing about academics?

I'd like to see Elder leave. Bowers has 11 varsity players on financial aid. Last year, it was 15.....regardless of the $$ in D-II, Ensworth has the $$ to "buy" their team.....it is a competitive advantage even against other teams in their league....

If you are going to have D-II then there should be a limit on how many kids can be on financial aid on the team (basically a scholarship rule)...otherwise, you are having a competitive advantage to the schools with huge endowments or financial backing that can bring in their own players....

I'd like to see Elder leave. Bowers has 11 varsity players on financial aid. Last year, it was 15.....regardless of the $$ in D-II, Ensworth has the $$ to "buy" their team.....it is a competitive advantage even against other teams in their league....

If you are going to have D-II then there should be a limit on how many kids can be on financial aid on the team (basically a scholarship rule)...otherwise, you are having a competitive advantage to the schools with huge endowments or financial backing that can bring in their own players....

That's not true. A couple of kids, max, and no more than BA. And Elder ain't leaving.

Why not come back to a school where the coach has shown he will showcase your talents.

Or go to a school where all of his family has gone to, and has a even better coach that will make him look like a star in a motion offense that lives and dies off the fast pace tempo than Elder excels at

Have you seen Ensworth play they are the most uptempo team in the mid-state if you are not going 100% on the court, you are taking out that is why they rotate in and out so much is because they are going full tilt when they are on the court.

It is time for all the coaches in Rutherford County to band together and quit playing these schools. The TSSAA has proven that they have no intention of addressing the problem of the blant recruiting of student-athletes by these prestigious private schools. Before any of the blue bloods on here tell me how great the coaching is at these schools, how about some of these "greats" going to Hillwood and taking over those programs?

That would probably be the best plan for all these teams worried about Ensworth's recruiting- just don't play them! Let them go and play all the other teams just like them and maybe they can win the state championship out of what 10-15 teams?

Ensworth has their jr pro basketball league at their place that really helps them identify potential candidates early on in the process and tracks them from there.

My school used to play them BUT that ended when some of their parents/boosters were recruiting one of our players (and their parents) while we were playing them in our gym.

The talent level of the Nashville schools has really taken a hit since they have been around and now some of the smaller schools have taken ES lead and ramped up their efforts as well. Looks like ES has moved on to Murfreesboro and RutCo now!

I can't blame a kid if they want to play there, the campus is really nice but I do have a problem with how that school goes about things.

That would probably be the best plan for all these teams worried about Ensworth's recruiting- just don't play them! Let them go and play all the other teams just like them and maybe they can win the state championship out of what 10-15 teams?

Ensworth has their jr pro basketball league at their place that really helps them identify potential candidates early on in the process and tracks them from there.

My school used to play them BUT that ended when some of their parents/boosters were recruiting one of our players (and their parents) while we were playing them in our gym.

The talent level of the Nashville schools has really taken a hit since they have been around and now some of the smaller schools have taken ES lead and ramped up their efforts as well. Looks like ES has moved on to Murfreesboro and RutCo now!

I can't blame a kid if they want to play there, the campus is really nice but I do have a problem with how that school goes about things.

Ensworth also has the Fitzgeralds recruiting in the middle schools as well as an ex-assistant who has connections with the YMCA of Middle TN. This guys works with the youth in the inner cities. So they have a team out their recruiting while Bowers sits back and claims his innocence!

Is it illegal to deny someone entrance into your gym during a game without cause? Ill explain my question once I get an answer

Not sure it would be against the law but it may be actionable. Without cause would be the debatable point.

And what should Ensworth have said to Elder when his parents called asking for info and an application? Sorry, we don't admit good basketball players? Just because he can play doesn't mean he was recruited and shouldn't be a reason not to admit him. Just like Shelbyville girls of old, all of Memphis, Alcoa, kids will want to go to where they will win, and will move and travel to do it.